Garmin Striker 7sv

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Re: Garmin Striker 7sv

Post by Stumpjumper » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:33 am

williwonder wrote:Is that a combo unit GPS and sounder?
Yes combo unit, only lacking maps if that is important to you. GPS does all the usual stuff like log your track, speed, show position, waypoints, man overboard key, bearing/heading etc. But it is the sounder side of things I purchased my 7SV for and it is an excellent performer with quality screen and great features and performance. I've owned a few Hummingbird sounders over the years but at this price point, the Garmin is in a different class IMO.

Dr Snapper
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Dr Snapper » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 am

Stumpjumper wrote:
williwonder wrote:Is that a combo unit GPS and sounder?
Yes combo unit, only lacking maps if that is important to you. GPS does all the usual stuff like log your track, speed, show position, waypoints, man overboard key, bearing/heading etc. But it is the sounder side of things I purchased my 7SV for and it is an excellent performer with quality screen and great features and performance. I've owned a few Hummingbird sounders over the years but at this price point, the Garmin is in a different class IMO.
Thanks for the reviews everyone.
A few reviews say that it resets the settings back to the default settings when turned off. Other reviews say it doesn't.
Which is correct? I'd consider that to be a 'no' if is does reset.
I will be fishing the top end of port Phillip bay 95% of the time. Based on that, I guess this unit fits my needs. Any body got any other thoughts for a sounder based on that usage and in that price range?
Thanks in advance.

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:05 am

Google "Garmin Striker 7sv Manual" and have a read - Should answer any questions you have!

Return to “Marine Electronics”