Lowrance Hook 2 4 X Sonar Troubles

trewy2428

Lowrance Hook 2 4 X Sonar Troubles

Post by trewy2428 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:30 am

Hey guys,

My mate just recently installed a lowrance hook 2 4x sounder in his kayak, mounted in hull with selleys all clear. Took it out today and was getting these images, and the sonar was unusable. The gps function of the fish finder worked as it should. Any ideas? air bubbles?

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.58.13 am.png

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Lowrance Hook 2 4 X Sonar Troubles

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:56 am

Nah that isn't air bubbles

That looks like a faulty unit to me. Tell him to take it back and get a replacement

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:55 pm

Kimtown wrote:Nah that isn't air bubbles

That looks like a faulty unit to me. Tell him to take it back and get a replacement
Yeah, it doesn't look pretty. With the repetitive piled on images it might be a software thing issue or recognising data received or maybe a sonar transducer issue.
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.58.13 am.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.58.13 am.png (172.75 KiB) Viewed 3436 times

If the rest of the functions work and the screen works for them, I'd hone in on that.

Does it have "simulator mode" and if it does, how are the sonar images from that. That could narrow your concerns to unit software, transducer, or glitch something which someone else might know more of.

Good luck with it

Cheers Bugatti

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:04 pm

Try this. Press the menu button, find the depth setting and manually set it to something like 10m. That fixed it for me.

trewy2428

Post by trewy2428 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:12 pm

eddyt wrote:Try this. Press the menu button, find the depth setting and manually set it to something like 10m. That fixed it for me.

Worked Perfectly! Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:18 pm

trewy2428 wrote:
eddyt wrote:Try this. Press the menu button, find the depth setting and manually set it to something like 10m. That fixed it for me.

Look at that , , , , the Fishing Forum working a treat.

Glad to see help for a member in need.

AND Well done trewy2428 , , , , for knowing the glitch that fixed BUT more so , , , , for helping with that info :thumbsup:

Cheers

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:21 pm

Bugatti wrote:
trewy2428 wrote:

Look at that , , , , the Fishing Forum working a treat.

Glad to see help for a member in need.

AND Well done trewy2428 , , , , for knowing the glitch that fixed BUT more so , , , , for helping with that info :thumbsup:

Cheers
OOOPS, my bad.

Big thanks should have gone to :thumbsup: :thumbsup: eddyt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I owe you a beer mate
Bugatti

Irishfisherman
Has liked: 237 times

Post by Irishfisherman » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:22 pm

I used my Lawrence hook 2 on kananook creek today in my kayak, sounded up some fish after a little while and decided pull up and have a fish. I used a piece of raw chicken and after about ten minutes I got a nice sized bream along with some others later on, I definitely have confidence in this sounder. Hope it works for you as well as it did for me!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:25 pm

For some reason my hook 7 can't sound for bottom offshore. Works perfectly in the bay but as soon as i cross a bar or head out the entrance it just loses bottom and gets stuck on a depth of .3... i have no idea why... but this is exactly what I do and it starts working again and finds bottom.. then I can set it back to auto and works fine?

No idea how or why it works but is does.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Kimtown wrote: No idea how or why it works but is does.
Half baked software just thrown out to the public because who cares we'll have the hook fisher (or whatever name Navico decides) out in 6 months, then the hook fisher pro spectacular out in another 6 months and by then the bug will be edited out of the software. Who cares because half the suckers with 'faulty' sounders will buy the new one in 12 months time because they can't be bothered chasing up warranties over cheap ****...

Last good Lowrance was the X135.....

Return to “Marine Electronics”