New Boat - Suggestions

mr plow
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:36 am

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby mr plow » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:52 am

smile0784 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:Thinking of heading down to somewhere like JV Marine in Braeside to have a look. Can anyone recommend a dealer that has a good range of second hand boats on the East side of Melbourne?


There is a big boat place in trafelgar i think it there. Its on the way to bermagui somewhere before bairnsdale.
Has new and second hand. Lots of boat in the yard


Nothing in traf but big boat shop in traralgon has alot of super seeded boats also boat place in Stratford just past sale



Remove these ads.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby smile0784 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:55 pm

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:Thinking of heading down to somewhere like JV Marine in Braeside to have a look. Can anyone recommend a dealer that has a good range of second hand boats on the East side of Melbourne?


There is a big boat place in trafelgar i think it there. Its on the way to bermagui somewhere before bairnsdale.
Has new and second hand. Lots of boat in the yard


http://www.gippslandboatsupplies.com.au/

bit of a drive though, im sure he wanted somewhere close haha


Yep thats the place. Only ontger place i could think of beside jv marine

User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby yepi'mon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:32 am

Cheers fella's, will check out JV this weekend if I get a chance and let you know what we are thinking.

bowl
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 5541
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby bowl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am

yepi'mon wrote:Cheers fella's, will check out JV this weekend if I get a chance and let you know what we are thinking.

They had a brand new 610 quintrex runabout for mid 50s ....
Clearly not recommending just sayin

bowl
Rank: Kingfish
Rank: Kingfish
Posts: 5541
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby bowl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:06 am


smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby smile0784 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Not bad but bit far away



Remove these ads.

User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby yepi'mon » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:54 pm

Went and had a look at some boats on the weekend at one of the dealers.

We are pretty set on getting something in the 6m range. Saw a 2004 Haines Hunter 600 classic offshore which was a good mix of fishing space and comfort.

Also seen a few tournament 2000 bluewaters online which I like the look off.

One thing I did learn is that I would probably never buy a used boat from a dealer. Every single one of them looked like that boat that had been left to sit for a few years and then sold when cash was needed. I figure anyone who looks after their boat and takes pride in it would be confident in selling it privately rather than trade it in.

User avatar
ChrisAbout
Rank: King George Whiting
Rank: King George Whiting
Posts: 501
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:17 pm
Location: Doncaster

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby ChrisAbout » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Hey mate I am selling my boat. Fits your budget and requirements.

Happy to take out for a demo if you are genuinely interested. PMed you

User avatar
yepi'mon
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 531
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:00 pm
Location: South East

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby yepi'mon » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:19 am

bowl wrote:
yepi'mon wrote:Cheers fella's, will check out JV this weekend if I get a chance and let you know what we are thinking.

They had a brand new 610 quintrex runabout for mid 50s ....
Clearly not recommending just sayin


Is this the one you were looking at https://www.jvmarine.com.au/boat/?boat_ ... 20RUNABOUT

Haven't really looked at Quintrex boats. Not sure why, I've just assumed they were more of a bay/estuary boat.

smile0784
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6624
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:16 pm

Re: New Boat - Suggestions

Postby smile0784 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:41 pm

6mt quintrex ride fairly hard i been told



Remove these ads.


Return to “Boating”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests