Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Deckie etiquette/rules

Post by Wolly Bugger » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:36 am

bump

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm

I had an a$$h#loe in-law who wouldn't kick in for anything, wouldn't help wash the boat or clean up, wanted to keep under size fish, when he caught a SMALL flattie he would whack it against the side of the boat to release it. When I had a go at him he said its only a tinnie, that's when it hit the fan, a quick trip back to the ramp and he was never invited again, that was land based as well.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm

What a nightmare! My mate always brings everything without me even saying. If it's a night session he will bring dinner, drinks. Day lunch water, all bait and burley and helps wash and pack the boat so I can't complain.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 3:15 am

Some Skippers etiquette can be bad too.

Here is a mate (the Skipper) with all and sundrie at his feet. His "tackle box" is two buckets , , , , when he is trying to find/get something from the bottom , , , , it all gets placed on the deck , , , , ggggrrrrrrrr :o_0:

Cap'n.PNG

Grrrr, Bugatti

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 25, 2019 5:32 am

Kev209 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm
I had an a$$h#loe in-law who wouldn't kick in for anything, wouldn't help wash the boat or clean up, wanted to keep under size fish, when he caught a SMALL flattie he would whack it against the side of the boat to release it. When I had a go at him he said its only a tinnie, that's when it hit the fan, a quick trip back to the ramp and he was never invited again, that was land based as well.
Don't blame you mate. It would drive me bananas also

Sebb
Has liked: 2999 times

Post by Sebb » Sat May 25, 2019 6:00 am

Confession :
I remember I made a friend freshly came from WA and took him landbased fishing around ViC, later on he told me he's got a boat drove it all the way from WA. He took me out on his boat few times. That was my first time fishing on a boat (that is not a charter boat).
Got no clue what to do, often I stood there watching and doing nothing. One time I tried to help him reversing into a tight garage the boat scraped the garage door.
On the last trip I brought the ice and hosed the boat or trying to (completely no idea), thinking it wasn't enough, after the trip I messaged him and offered him some money but never got the chance. Learnt the lesson there still feeling guilty.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am

Lightningx wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm
What a nightmare! My mate always brings everything without me even saying. If it's a night session he will bring dinner, drinks. Day lunch water, all bait and burley and helps wash and pack the boat so I can't complain.
I need a deckie like that.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:24 am

brycieboy wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:27 pm
i fish with a mate of mine alot. he has the boat. generaly i will pay for the boat ramp fees, we normally alternate the bait purchases, we will share tackle if needed etc. as for fuel, i always offer, or purchase some beer. i always hang around and wash everything with him unpack the boat ect.. oh yeah, the anchor is ALWAYS my job..... cant wait till i get my own boat and dont have to do that!
That's what the guys do when they come.out with me

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:26 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 6:15 am
Lightningx wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm
I need a deckie like that.
I think we all do wolly

BIG GAV
Has liked: 2 times

Post by BIG GAV » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:38 pm

Yes this needed to be posted!!

Skipper gets first cast!
Reversing trailers and having boat licences big advantage!
Don’t ask to bring a friend!
OFFER FUEL don’t wait to be asked to put ur hand in ya pocket I don’t ask for coin but I don’t invite free losers out a second times

Return to “Boating”