Deckie etiquette/rules

GTSHoon

Re: Deckie etiquette/rules

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:06 pm

I don't have a boat and even i don't have a boat and i don't understand how you could smack a boat with a sinker!!!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:11 pm

Easy gtshoon they wind in no bait lean the rod against the gunnel leaving the sinker (running sinker) dangling over the edge of the boat, the boat rocks the sinker starts to swing next its hitting the side of the boat or worst hits the outboard motor fibreglass cowl

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:12 pm

when you line up and go to swing the fish in the sinker can hit the boat

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:21 pm

That seems a bit careless but accidents do happen that's for sure!!!
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:23 pm

As tuna tube said once or twice is ok but not every time you need to rebait I hate having to say anything some peple get upset

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Hooks pull just as the fish comes to the surface, sinker stuck in weed with a strong current suddenly comes free just next to the boat.

Boat rocking around ect.

Best to be avoided and the bigger impacts are a problem but it can happen to the best of us.

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:42 pm

Well written Wooly & the others that added their 2 bobs worth.
Its been quite awhile since I have taken my boat out due to a couple of things and one of them is having very very poor deckies.
I have never asked anyone for fuel or ramp fees, as I am going out anyway but for heaven sake give me a hand to get the boat back on the trailer and cleaned off.
Quite a number of times I have meet some fishos at the ramp to go fishing and when we pull up at the pontoons in the boat they have just jumped out and headed straight home. Leaving me to back the trailer own and retrieve my boat and thats not the worse of it, its the damn cleaning that I really hate. Because I have had a nasty injury to my back, neck & knee getting in and out of my boat a doxen times to get all the gear out kills me and I swear that I will never take another person fishing. I just keep forgeting that I made a promise to myself and next thing I know I have got a deckie that does the same thing.
I know that some of these really young guys and some of the older ones can't afford the $$ so that part doesn't bother me, it's the after we pull back up part that gets me down. Whats worse is there is normally a bit of a crowd around the ramp or jettie watching some old broken down bloke trying to get his boat back onto the trailer by himself having to take extra morphine so I have the strength to do so otherwise my body just crumples into a heap.
Then I pull up to the boat wash at the servo and I see 2-4 guys washing down one boat, and here I was with 3 guys in my boat and they all took off and left me high and dry.
So now my boat hasn't seen water for a few years, but I am saving on wear & tear on my body and more importantly frustration in my head.
cheers
tacklenut

andyk

Post by andyk » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:58 pm

No trout under 3 kg on my boat !!!!!!!!

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:09 pm

This is all pretty surprising to me, Everytime i go out in the boat (With my Dad, Haven't been Invited by anyone else) i always do pretty much everything, My dad comes home from work and i've got the boat prepped all rods and tackle sorted, bungs in and so on, get to the boat ramp, help put the boat in the water, go fishing, tie my own rigs, Get Home clean the boat, flush engine, clean reels, reorganise tackle and push the boat into the boat spot.

I've never Had to help putting the boat on the trailer though as my dad's got a pretty good method of doing so, but never the less if he needs my help i help.

I Don't have to pay my way with my dad But i Think I Make Up For it.

It's Fair enough if you take a Complete newbie out in the boat Not to expect too Much from them, But They'd Be expected to try and help at minimum, My dad used to Do Everything Before He tought me How and what to do.

also, should be noted, Me and my dad sort of have a routine, and everyone has Different methods on how they do things.

Cheers.
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SFP Chick

Post by SFP Chick » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:03 pm

great respect for what your dad has taught you avg fisho. nice story.

:grin:

Return to “Boating”