Fishing and Boating Stuff ups.

ratbag

Re: Fishing and Boating Stuff ups.

Post by ratbag » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:14 pm

had a mate turn off the power at my shack once, 4 weeks later I arrived to a smell at the gate that got stronger the closer to the shed and opened the door to dribbling defrosted bait running down the freezer door. 4 weeks of shed hot days & the bait was truly cooked & liquid. I could smell it for 6 months. I don't bait too much now.
quid est quod eum

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:05 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:Launched the boat by myself at Patterson river, tied up to the jetty. Got out, then parked the car, casually walked back to the boat.
Took one look, in disbelief where did all that water come from? The penny dropped :o_0: and I RUSHED back to the car, reversed the trailer down the ramp and jumped into the boat and drove it back onto the trailer, with a little bit of difficulty as by this time the boat was a little low in the water.

Spent the next 45 mins waiting for the water to drain out. :oops:
That's what I fear I might forget to do one day too! If the ramp is busy might not have enough time to pull it out. Why isboating so exciting?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:09 pm

Last trip of Werribee.
While drifting for squid a plastic bag flew out back of boat.
Tryed to retrieve bag with squid lure, on third attempt the bag was little bit further out the back so I gave cast a bit more effort and on my back swing managed to break tip of my rod on Bimi top .

About 20 mins later my line got caught on back of motor ,first I tried to pull line out but did not work .
After a bit I decided to cut line, there was tension on line n rod, so after I cut line I then put rod back in holder , took a second look only to find top section of rod floating in bay ..
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Boating”