Fishing and Boating Stuff ups.

Bayrock
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Fishing and Boating Stuff ups.

Post by Bayrock » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:09 am

Good ones one here
A long time ago, I left a bucket of water with a number of a certain type of frog (used those for bait for catfish in south africa) in the garage after a trip. Months later opened the bucket and nearly passed out. All that was left was black foul water and bones in the bottom.
Worst stench I have ever experienced.

bilby

Post by bilby » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am

The biggest mistake I ever made was leaving a full bag of greenweed (for luderick fishing) in the garden shed for a couple of weeks in summer. Imagine a bag of rotten prawns and then triple the effect for greenweed. I don't know why, but it is the strongest and worst smelling thing I have ever encountered in my life.

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:36 am

Old man came over to get bait for a trip that I wasn't part of.

A week later I opened the door to the garage to be greeted by a big ass swarm of flies and an absolutely gag worthy smell. Took me a good couple of minutes to find the culprit bag of pilchards that had now turned into puss, rott and maggots. Took about a week of garage windows open to air the place out.

I think it was payback for the numerous times I have left pilchards in the burly pot at the back of the boat.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 am

Just thinking back a few years.
pas neighbour has a house at bermagui and had stripies in the freezer and when come back to melb his son went up there and turned the freezer off by mistake and when pas neighbour went back up there2 months later all wat was left was brown liquid so i offered to clean out.
My mistake lol

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:57 am

Launched the boat by myself at Patterson river, tied up to the jetty. Got out, then parked the car, casually walked back to the boat.
Took one look, in disbelief where did all that water come from? The penny dropped :o_0: and I RUSHED back to the car, reversed the trailer down the ramp and jumped into the boat and drove it back onto the trailer, with a little bit of difficulty as by this time the boat was a little low in the water.

Spent the next 45 mins waiting for the water to drain out. :oops:

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:22 pm

Mattblack wrote:Burley cages are my nemesis.....I've lost so many of them (and last year one managed to find itself on top of a battery and nearly started a fire)
Also forgot sunscreen last week and now I'm looking like Michael Jackson when he was transitioning from black to white.
Yep I always forget to pull my burley cage in lol. Lost a few over the years.

Another thing I always do which isn't bad but annoying I always forget to put an ez rig on the main line before tying on the swivel lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:40 pm

Wolly Bugger wrote:Launched the boat by myself at Patterson river, tied up to the jetty. Got out, then parked the car, casually walked back to the boat.
Took one look, in disbelief where did all that water come from? The penny dropped :o_0: and I RUSHED back to the car, reversed the trailer down the ramp and jumped into the boat and drove it back onto the trailer, with a little bit of difficulty as by this time the boat was a little low in the water.

Spent the next 45 mins waiting for the water to drain out. :oops:
We all done that atleast once lol

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 pm

Good one for the bait/berley mistakes is bi carb. Hose out offending space, generous sprinkle of bi carb. Hose out an hour later. Light sprinkle of bi carb and good to go

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Some good tips amongst the stuff ups.
Went out for a few whiting today kept the bait tanks cycling think it helped.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:13 pm

cobby wrote:Good one for the bait/berley mistakes is bi carb. Hose out offending space, generous sprinkle of bi carb. Hose out an hour later. Light sprinkle of bi carb and good to go
Would of never thought of that

Return to “Boating”