Led IDIOTS rant

Bugatti

Re: Led IDIOTS rant

Post by Bugatti » Sat May 25, 2019 1:58 am

Trumpeter wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:59 am

It was a beautiful night with the full moon until a boat came up 50m behind me and put on enough forward pointing Led's to light up half a footy oval.

They shone straight into my face, almost making my eyes water, I pointed every light and torch I had back at them but they didn't notice or care. Luckily they may have seen the "F--- You" I was flashing them in Morse code and they pulled anchor and slowly drifted away. All these high powered lights people are using now can be bloody rude and also a possible navigational hazard. :down:
I feel your pain Mr T

That is one of my biggest peeves, when noobs shine up the whole world.

As a Snapper Fisho (especially shallow water) any light is bad, gets me to move if they hang around.

Brother in-law and I have Driving Lights set-up on our Boats but normal car style lights (waterproof of-course) AND pointed downwards to light up the close proximity. They are just to see the immediate water for hazards/rouge waves NOT the entire area. The peripheral area is mildly visible BECAUSE our lights aren't that bright to blind the rest of the area. AND we only use them when there is no moon AND that we are cruising away from shore. As we fish 10 kms the furthest, in no moon and heading towards land, there is enough light from land and reflecting in the water to see where you are going and thus no need for lights.

When we are cruising to a spot and if there are Boats there or on the way there, we cruise off-bearing till we round them or if we are about 1 km away from the spot, we then turn off the lights and turn into the correct bearing.

Having lights , , , , bright lights can actually be worse as it lights up close but makes you night-blind to outside the illuminated area. With the lights we use, not SUN bright, when we turn them off, the eyes become accustom to the night very quickly.

This photo gives you an idea of how far our lights shine , , , , no need to light up the next ocean , , , , just the little part that you are cruising through. ps. I have had to increase the brightness of the photo, which just shows how "not annoyingly bright to others" they are.

Cruising Lights.PNG

Cheers, The Bug , , , , not bug others

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Led IDIOTS rant

Post by smile0784 » Sat May 25, 2019 8:15 pm

Hnm

Return to “Boating”