Getting on with boat re-build

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Getting on with boat re-build

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:48 pm

IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
So the "fishin chip vat" is back in place,
Next, rocket launcher and front screen ( next weekend).
Need a trip to my nut and bolt shop, for new 316 S/S fixings......

starting to take shape.......

Col

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:53 pm

O I definitely like that new baitboard! Nice mate :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:59 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
IMG_0978.JPG
IMG_0979.JPG
So the "fishin chip vat" is back in place,
Next, rocket launcher and front screen ( next weekend).
Need a trip to my nut and bolt shop, for new 316 S/S fixings......

starting to take shape.......

Col
That looks great.
Are those built in tod holders or stubbie holders?

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:28 pm

4 rod holders
2 angled, 2 straight.....
I use 2 angled to troll, 2 straight ones with 3 way for snapper fishing or bottom bashing, Ideal set up height wise, clears the motor and still gives me 2 other rod holders either side down the back in the gunnels, for down rigger or another rods......

Col

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Lightningx wrote:O I definitely like that new baitboard! Nice mate :thumbsup:
Yeah, previous owner spent a small fortune on it, I've always wanted to add to it a bit more, never got around to it. Want to fit a towel rail type system on the front, but haven't found a system that I like yet, sick of having a clean towel stashed in the side pockets,,, and extra knife slots type fitting on the sides, will look at adding that to the list now LX, the list keeps growing......

Col

russellh2
Has liked: 1 time

Post by russellh2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Just catching up to see if I can assist by providing some info when installing new wiring:-
First Step = Do a sketch of the back of each of the electronic devices you intend to install - Make sure you mark all of the electrical connection points on the diagram - Use Alpha or numeric marks - Usually marked on the terminal or immediately next to it.
OR
Take a photograph of the back of each of the electronic devices you intend to install - Make sure you mark all of the electrical connection points on the diagram - Use Alpha or numeric marks - Usually marked on the terminal or immediately next to it.

Place all of the Sketches / photos on a large/big piece of cardboard - Position each so as to simulate position in boat.

Mark distances between Devices as it will be in boat. Note that this is not always a straight line.

Now you are developing a Loom Circuit Diagram.

ALWAYS use the correct weight / resistance wire as recommended by the instrument/ fitting Manufacturer

Start by selecting one circuit and one circuit only, then draw a line / lines on cardboard to represent where this circuit will fit - Always start with EARTH Circuit / Circuits.

Use as few connectors as possible keeping in mind that you may need to replace some part of the loom at some time plus, the more connectors the higher the resistance in the circuit.

Before you start to the loom, and you know where each circuit is going to be terminated, Lets say Green for Earth - I cut and strip about a 50mm length of the Green cable and install it into/onto each point to which it needs to be attached - This will assist in the installation process whin all devices fitted to boat

Never install a circuit that is tight between connectors - Failure in inevitable.

Hope it all helps

I am located in Yackandandah - N/E Vic /// Let me know if you would like to chat in person

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:34 pm

blacklab99 wrote:4 rod holders
I use 2 angled to troll, 2 straight ones with 3 way for snapper fishing or bottom bashing, Ideal set up height wise, clears the motor and still gives me 2 other rod holders either side down the back in the gunnels, for down rigger or another rods......

Col
Good idea.
You getting a ss 3 ways or plastic ones?
I found ss better but i think a 1 peice would be stronger too

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:59 pm

Hi Russell. from Yackandandah ! Hope all's well up there.

Speak of the Devil actually Russell, I've been putting a lot of thought just recently into the wiring and was going to put a few questions up as I remember yourself and some others offered help.
Where I'm at at the minute, I've got a couple of weekends ahead of me, to fit off the larger items, bait board, screen, rocket launcher, then I will flow coat the inside sides. I'm heading away for the first couple of weeks in September to lake Mcquarrie for a quick break, then on return, was concentrating on the whole re wire. I like how your methodical in setting up, with regards to wiring diagram, and in fact I have been googling up all and sundry on boat wiring recently to get info and it's been a good crash course on the basics, which I had no idea prior. So with information learnt, I was going to put up a wiring question, But I thought it was best to get these other tasks out of the way first.
I've been looking at switch panels, specifically to fit in my limited dash area that I have, and the fact I will have to have 2 separate switch panels located apart from each other. The previous wiring, had no separate switches for radio's or my fish finders, So, I have listed down quite a few points regarding this and once back from holiday I will certainly put the question up. I'm having led lights under the gunnel, which is new, swapping out my cabin lights, etc etc.
So thanks for the information above, 2nd week in September I will starting. I understand the need for a loom Circuit diagram and I think that will be a good learning curve as well.
Some of the stuff that I googled, was quite informative, giving wiring diagrams from the battery and quite explanatory, but there were differences between different sites that I looked at, so they were the questions I was going to put up.
Thanks for the assisting offer Russell, I shall definitely take you up on that, appreciated, talk soon

Col

blacklab99

Post by blacklab99 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:06 pm

smile0784 wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:4 rod holders

Col
Good idea.
You getting a ss 3 ways or plastic ones?
I found ss better but i think a 1 peice would be stronger too
Already have the S/S 3 way adjustable ones Smile, gives me the ability to adjust which ever angle is needed, they worked great prior to the re build.
But, there are some other S/S "bling" that will be added, do I actually need it ! No, just cant help myself :-D

Col

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 pm

Lol like your said ifs your forever boat so spoilt your self after all the hard work

Return to “Boating”