Lot cheaper than what your paying last time i checked :rofl:
About 10 bucks ur way

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Re: Nissan X-Trail as a tow vehicle?

Post by frozenpod » Tue May 15, 2018 1:51 pm

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
piscateur wrote:Just hear Horror stories with Jeep and reliability, and you hear owners with no issue at all. That may hint at something about their QC. Jeep and Rover seem to have substantial owners that will never repeat their mistake again.
Not knowing your Boat, I have an Xtrail T30 AWD Manual. and it has not let me down, tows a 4M and 4.5 M Quintrex Hornet without issue, not sure of their weights but gives you an idea for comparison.
Almost anything can pull 4.5mt quintrex
Top to tail only about 800kg arent they
not really if you stick by the rules, most cars can only tow 750kg unbraked.
will it still tow? yes ofcourse
will sh*t hit the fan if you have an accident? you can bet my skinny black @ss it will :rofl:

?? Pretty much any car could tow 800kg. Even a corolla is rated to tow 1300kg.

750kg unbraked is the maximum by law doesn't matter if it is a 200 series with a 3500kg maximum braked rating or a Xtrail they are limited to a maximum of 750kg unbraked.

Back to the Xtrail a fun fact the T31 in some overseas countries is rated to tow 2200kg. I am not sure why the exact same model in Australia is only rated to 2000kg.

They are very popular tow vehicles overseas and locally to pull vans.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue May 15, 2018 3:17 pm

Back to the Xtrail a fun fact the T31 in some overseas countries is rated to tow 2200kg. I am not sure why the exact same model in Australia is only rated to 2000kg.

Probably because we're all fat bastards

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:33 pm

piscateur wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Almost anything can pull 4.5mt quintrex
I was only providing it for reference, as it towed the 4.5M easy (could go slightly heavier), my comment of the Nissan being a good tow vehicle would mean nothing without a reference point, not knowing the original poster's boat specifications at least it give his perspective to gauge for his boat. A 5.5M glass would be an issue for sure if that's what he need to tow.
To shea
Good point

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:37 pm

purple5ive wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
piscateur wrote:Just hear Horror stories with Jeep and reliability, and you hear owners with no issue at all. That may hint at something about their QC. Jeep and Rover seem to have substantial owners that will never repeat their mistake again.
Not knowing your Boat, I have an Xtrail T30 AWD Manual. and it has not let me down, tows a 4M and 4.5 M Quintrex Hornet without issue, not sure of their weights but gives you an idea for comparison.
Almost anything can pull 4.5mt quintrex
not really if you stick by the rules, most cars can only tow 750kg unbraked.
will it still tow? yes ofcourse
will sh*t hit the fan if you have an accident? you can bet my skinny black @ss it will :rofl:
We were saying any car could pull 800. Ofcourse there are other factors like breaked trailers, increasing rear springs to consider if doing so

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 pm

Mattblack wrote:Back to the Xtrail a fun fact the T31 in some overseas countries is rated to tow 2200kg. I am not sure why the exact same model in Australia is only rated to 2000kg.

Probably because we're all fat bastards
Have you seen some of the Americas. Lol
They consume more fast food then us on a pro rata scale lol

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Just to let you guys know.. The towing capacity of a vehicle includes what you have in the car, for example; If there is 5 blokes in the car weighing 80kgs each and a 60lt esky in the back full of ice and food you must minus the 400kgs for the people in the car and the 60kg+ for the esky. So a 2000kg tow capacity vehicle quickly becomes much less the more you load her up. This is something to think about when doing those longer trips and your car and boat are full to the brim.

Cheers, Anth

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Tue May 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Sinsemilla wrote:Just to let you guys know.. The towing capacity of a vehicle includes what you have in the car, for example; If there is 5 blokes in the car weighing 80kgs each and a 60lt esky in the back full of ice and food you must minus the 400kgs for the people in the car and the 60kg+ for the esky. So a 2000kg tow capacity vehicle quickly becomes much less the more you load her up. This is something to think about when doing those longer trips and your car and boat are full to the brim.

Cheers, Anth
Great info :thumbsup:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 15, 2018 5:28 pm

bowl wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:Just to let you guys know.. The towing capacity of a vehicle includes what you have in the car, for example; If there is 5 blokes in the car weighing 80kgs each and a 60lt esky in the back full of ice and food you must minus the 400kgs for the people in the car and the 60kg+ for the esky. So a 2000kg tow capacity vehicle quickly becomes much less the more you load her up. This is something to think about when doing those longer trips and your car and boat are full to the brim.

Cheers, Anth
Great info :thumbsup:
X2!

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:36 pm

Cheers, Anth
Good point
Something we quickly overlook when doing the maths quickly

Return to “Boating”