How do you store your rods in your boat?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: How do you store your rods in your boat?

Post by bowl » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:30 pm

sturgeon wrote:Here is a photo of my gunnel.

The only rod I can put there is my daughter's pinky rod. The other rods which are about 6-7 feel long with 2500-3500 reels cannot fit in there or if they do, can only fit one rod.

Gunnel.jpg
On the port side, due to uselessness of this gunnel rod storage, I have actually removed the rack so that I can store tackle boxes etc. So basically all my rods are actually stored with the butts on the floor and the tips on the rear seat cushion tops. At this time, I am fishing with 5 rods usually. Taking more than that would just clutter up the boat.
Is that 4850 navigator , pretty much all white n looks brand new ? If so I have seen it down terrible ramp regulay...

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:36 pm

The only rod I can put there is my daughter's pinky rod. The other rods which are about 6-7 feel long with 2500-3500 reels cannot fit in there or if they do, can only fit one rod.

Gunnel.jpg
On the port side, due to uselessness of this gunnel rod storage, I have actually removed the rack so that I can store tackle boxes etc. So basically all my rods are actually stored with the butts on the floor and the tips on the rear seat cushion tops. At this time, I am fishing with 5 rods usually. Taking more than that would just clutter up the boat.
Have you considered something like this bolted to the side pocket at the bottom.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOAT-ST ... 49174.html

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:43 pm

/\ that's exactly what I suggested. I reckon it will fix the problem.
Mount them inside the pocket of you have space that way you have that extra bit of space to play with..

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Since I think you're over that way, go see Mcquarries fabrication in Williamstown and get 2 x 4 pot stainless combing racks. All done with quality, not just dime a dozen chinese imports that will rust in a few years. Old mans would be well over 10 years old and not a single sign of rust or weakness in them

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:38 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Yeah I'd put 4 or 6 rod coaming racks on the side pockets.
For garage storage I'm going to do something like this, directly above the boat:
That looks great

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:40 pm

Gunnel.jpg
Put a 4 vertical holder and put on side pocket about 1 foot or so behind the seat
Could put one on each side

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 pm

rb85 wrote:

Gunnel.jpg
Have you considered something like this bolted to the side pocket at the bottom.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BOAT-ST ... 49174.html
Just what i thought. Lol
I have got same but holds 6 rods

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Yeah I'd put 4 or 6 rod coaming racks on the side pockets.
For garage storage I'm going to do something like this, directly above the boat:
That’s very nice mate :thumbsup:

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:10 pm

I built enclosed rod lockers in my boat when I built my boat.

They protect the rods and keep them out off the road.

Each locker holds 4 rods....

They lock up also so great for carrying firearms

Bm

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Rocket launchers, rod holders on the gunwales and I also have a 250L esky and bought some rod plastic holders which I tech screwed too. Good for holding bait fish and light spin rods in between travel when not kept in the gunwales

Return to “Boating”