Boat Advice

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: Boat Advice

Post by yepi'mon » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi Mate

We have a 5.85 adventurer. Not sure how similar they are but can vouch for the Caribbean build and ride quality.

Can say if I was going off shore I wouldn’t be to keen to do it in a bow rider due to waves coming over the front... unless it was flat tacker.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:50 pm

The biggest thing with any purchase, is due diligence, and you seem to have done that Millzee.
As far as price goes, there's not much in the way of searching past sales for these boats. For me, the style of boat wouldn't suit, But sounds like it's the perfect fit for you, with you mentioning family kids, water sports etc. For 30 odd K, you could sure buy a pretty good purpose fishing boat, but it may not be suitable for mum, dad, and 3 kids, where the tiara looks as though it has plenty of seating and room.
Back to the price, if due diligence comes up trumps, try and snag it for under the 30k mark, go hard on negotiating, offer them 26k and try and snag it for 28 ish. Is it worth that amount, It's worth what you feel the boxes it ticks and whether you can afford it or not.
Hope it works out for you which ever way it goes, negotiate hard mate.....

Col

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:23 pm

yepi'mon wrote:Hi Mate

We have a 5.85 adventurer. Not sure how similar they are but can vouch for the Caribbean build and ride quality.

Can say if I was going off shore I wouldn’t be to keen to do it in a bow rider due to waves coming over the front... unless it was flat tacker.
Cheers mate, great to know. I'm pretty selective of my day on the water around the weather, I fish out of a 440 renegade at the moment so I'm used to the weather having to be just right. It'll be much roomier and comfy compared to the tinny, lol. :thumbsup:

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:24 pm

phil1818 wrote:
cobby wrote:
phil1818 wrote:$32,500 seems steep for a boat that’s 15 years old nice boat if you can beat them right down
You obviously haven't looked around at used boats much then.
Yeh nah your definitely right mate got no idea iv only brought 3 second hand bow riders.. this time of year everyone pays top dollar it’s a real sellers market :notworthy:
All because it's a bowrider too doesn't mean ****. A Caribbean, Signature or other is entirely different to a Crownline, Four Winns or other yank junk. One lot of hulls are designed entirely for flat water lakes, the other lot are built off the identical hulls used for offshore boating. You will not find a low hour 15 year old Tiara or Signature 580br for under 30k. Regardless of what additions are in it or lacking.

The Tiara would suit if your family time involves a lot of cruising and watersports, and it's amazingly practical for lure casting. But there is literally no escape from the elements without full bow covers and canopy/clears.

Millzee

Post by Millzee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:30 pm

blacklab99 wrote:The biggest thing with any purchase, is due diligence, and you seem to have done that Millzee.
As far as price goes, there's not much in the way of searching past sales for these boats. For me, the style of boat wouldn't suit, But sounds like it's the perfect fit for you, with you mentioning family kids, water sports etc. For 30 odd K, you could sure buy a pretty good purpose fishing boat, but it may not be suitable for mum, dad, and 3 kids, where the tiara looks as though it has plenty of seating and room.
Back to the price, if due diligence comes up trumps, try and snag it for under the 30k mark, go hard on negotiating, offer them 26k and try and snag it for 28 ish. Is it worth that amount, It's worth what you feel the boxes it ticks and whether you can afford it or not.
Hope it works out for you which ever way it goes, negotiate hard mate.....

Col
Cheers mate, I found plenty "fishing boats" that would suit ME fine but like you say, this vessel has a purpose to fill and I'm hoping it will. The next boat will fill the card and be a dedicated fishing boat with a cabin for over nighters. A year or so ago I said every man needs three boats, a river - "Mulwala" tinny, a bay - family boat and a offshore weapon, I'm closing in on my target. :victory:

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:45 pm

phil1818 wrote:
cobby wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
cobby wrote:
phil1818 wrote:$32,500 seems steep for a boat that’s 15 years old nice boat if you can beat them right down
Yeh nah your definitely right mate got no idea iv only brought 3 second hand bow riders.. this time of year everyone pays top dollar it’s a real sellers market :notworthy:
All because it's a bowrider too doesn't mean sh*t. A Caribbean, Signature or other is entirely different to a Crownline, Four Winns or other yank junk. One lot of hulls are designed entirely for flat water lakes, the other lot are built off the identical hulls used for offshore boating. You will not find a low hour 15 year old Tiara or Signature 580br for under 30k. Regardless of what additions are in it or lacking.

The Tiara would suit if your family time involves a lot of cruising and watersports, and it's amazingly practical for lure casting. But there is literally no escape from the elements without full bow covers and canopy/clears.
:rofl: :rofl: what a tool
Why?

Millzee

Post by Millzee » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:06 pm

cobby wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
cobby wrote:
All because it's a bowrider too doesn't mean sh*t. A Caribbean, Signature or other is entirely different to a Crownline, Four Winns or other yank junk. One lot of hulls are designed entirely for flat water lakes, the other lot are built off the identical hulls used for offshore boating. You will not find a low hour 15 year old Tiara or Signature 580br for under 30k. Regardless of what additions are in it or lacking.

Yeah, a set of clears for the cooler months will be the go for sure :a_goodjob:

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:13 pm

Mods on this forum are a joke! Can’t say anything remotely controversial without them stepping in and taking it down or just locking the thread :down:

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 pm

phil1818 wrote:Mods on this forum are a joke! Can’t say anything remotely controversial without them stepping in and taking it down or just locking the thread :down:
You have been poking at people for a while now, if you don't like the way we are trying to keep this forum pleasant then maybe it's not the place for you, cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:28 pm

phil1818 wrote:Mods on this forum are a joke! Can’t say anything remotely controversial without them stepping in and taking it down or just locking the thread :down:
Whys Cobby a tool

Return to “Boating”