Precision boat trailers

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Precision boat trailers

Post by Nude up » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:29 pm

Looking at the trailer on the link I would be concerned about the welds where the transverse supports attach to the main rails the holes are designed to let water in and they probably have holes underneath to let the water drain out. If you do not flush them really well they will corrode internally. C channel gal would be my choice if I went steel.
My last trailer a sea link corroded internally then cracked through the lower drain holes. My previous boat was a streaker with a dunbier which I completely rebuilt full strip and re gall cost me nearly $1800. Now I have an easy tow alloy trailer but was really expensive.

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 pm

smile0784 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 am
Trumpeter wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm
Hi All
I've been looking around for a new boat and have been offered a Precision Trailer from one mob, anyone have any info on them?
https://www.precisionboattrailers.com/
What area you live mate and I might be able to get you out on my boat if you get withdraws
I'm on the Bellarine and thanks for your kind offer, I'm sorted out now in the boat dept.

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:48 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:43 am
Dragging up an old thread..

Any updates on Precision trailers?

I went to the boat show with the intention of sorting out a new trailer and i was chatting to a random guy in one of the stores and he told me to check them out. Unfortunately their website doesnt really work so i havent been able to see any prices.

I am also getting in touch with Geelong Marine World regarding their Sea Trail trailers.

I would love to go Dunbier or even Transtyle but i cant really justify the cost, i got quoted almost $5000 for a single axle Mackay with a walkway.

After checking out both Precision and Seatrail I ended up getting a Savage R series, it seemed beefier, has good components and was mid range in price.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:59 pm

Trumpeter wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:48 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:

I went to the boat show with the intention of sorting out a new trailer and i was chatting to a random guy in one of the stores and he told me to check them out. Unfortunately their website doesnt really work so i havent been able to see any prices.

I am also getting in touch with Geelong Marine World regarding their Sea Trail trailers.

I would love to go Dunbier or even Transtyle but i cant really justify the cost, i got quoted almost $5000 for a single axle Mackay with a walkway.

After checking out both Precision and Seatrail I ended up getting a Savage R series, it seemed beefier, has good components and was mid range in price.
Nice one trump!
Looks great mate :thumbsup:

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:54 pm

Nice wheels, nice boat

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:52 pm

SteveoTheTiger wrote:

I feel your pain Steve.

I many many years ago was looking at replacing my trailer and just the cost blew it out of being an option. Now I spend a week every 5-7 years, with the boat dumped on hay bails and I give the trailer a once over with Bug TLC

$5,000 for a single axle seems pricey, but then I haven't kept up with things. What is the low to high price range of a trailer that would suit your boat. Not asking for your price range budget BUT what are they asking for a basic through to bells and whistles on the walkway type?

Cheers, Bug

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:13 pm

Trumpeter wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:01 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:16 am
Trumpeter wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:12 pm
Hi All
I've been looking around for a new boat and have been offered a Precision Trailer from one mob, anyone have any info on them?
https://www.precisionboattrailers.com/
What area you live mate and I might be able to get you out on my boat if you get withdraws
I'm on the Bellarine and thanks for your kind offer, I'm sorted out now in the boat dept.
No stress mate

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:16 pm

Trumpeter wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:48 pm
SteveoTheTiger wrote:

Very nice mate
Good buy

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:03 pm

Sooooooo, pics of boat or what?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:22 pm

Kimtown wrote: