Whats your thoughts?

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Whats your thoughts?

Post by bowl » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:05 pm

When i take my kids out 7 n 4 years out i wait for a real calm day..
Hour to a hour n half is max time we r out then we head in...
My kids only come occasionally , so no need for cabin boat atm
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:38 pm

bowl wrote:When i take my kids out 7 n 4 years out i wait for a real calm day..
Hour to a hour n half is max time we r out then we head in...
My kids only come occasionally , so no need for cabin boat atm
Kids love a quick snooze in the front of the boat...iPad and lollies occupy them too.
Cabins are great when the weather turns because you have more protection and you can stand up (absorbing the bumps with your legs)
In saying all that, you'll need to double your budget to get into a new alloy cuddy cabin...not sure if it's worth it.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:14 pm

I dont really want to buy a used boat, like I said I don't want to deal with someone else's problems. Happy to buy something a year or two old as long as its still got warranty. Those two boats are what I saw and for the amount of times my kids will be with me the windscreen and Bimini is enough. I also have a height clearance on my shed so can't go over 2m.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:04 pm

KeenAds wrote:I dont really want to buy a used boat, like I said I don't want to deal with someone else's problems. Happy to buy something a year or two old as long as its still got warranty. Those two boats are what I saw and for the amount of times my kids will be with me the windscreen and Bimini is enough. I also have a height clearance on my shed so can't go over 2m.
I went and looked at a few second hand boats and it was always someone else's problems. Even ran into a Eastern European bloke selling his bloke in the northern suburbs who was adamant that I give him 5k on the spot as a deposit for the boat. Was very stand over-ish and wanted to drive me to a ATM on late on a Sunday evening. As soon as he said that I couldnt gtfo out of there quick enough. It was at that very point where i said **** that, I'm buying new.

Zero regrets with my decision.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm

That was just a arragent p****.
Not every who sells is like that

bowl

Post by bowl » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:06 pm

bowl

Post by bowl » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 pm

KeenAds wrote:
Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:40 pm
Hi all,

So I am looking into buying a boat so I can take the kids out and enjoy fishing a little more. Over the Christmas break I visited a few boat dealers. I am after a small aluminum boat preferably new as I don't want the headaches of buying something used and taking on someone else's problems.

I saw the savage 435 for about 19k with a mercury 40 4 stroke or 21k with a 50. Then I saw the quintrex 430 and that was about 5k more with an evinrude motor and the same horsepower options. After doing some research it looks like they are made out of the same factory and looks wise they are similar as well as the optional upgrades you can get.

Whats people's thoughts on these two boats. I know the quintrex has a better resale value but is it worth spending the 5k.

Thanks
Tested any ? Still looking ?

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 pm

bowl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 pm
KeenAds wrote:
Hi all,

So I am looking into buying a boat so I can take the kids out and enjoy fishing a little more. Over the Christmas break I visited a few boat dealers. I am after a small aluminum boat preferably new as I don't want the headaches of buying something used and taking on someone else's problems.

I saw the savage 435 for about 19k with a mercury 40 4 stroke or 21k with a 50. Then I saw the quintrex 430 and that was about 5k more with an evinrude motor and the same horsepower options. After doing some research it looks like they are made out of the same factory and looks wise they are similar as well as the optional upgrades you can get.

Whats people's thoughts on these two boats. I know the quintrex has a better resale value but is it worth spending the 5k.

Thanks
Hey Bowl sorry for the late reply. I looked at a quintrex 460 coast runner 2007 model looked ok and seemed good on the water just wasn't sure about the hours. It had a mercury 4 stroke 60hp with about 270 hours which seemed a bit high for me.

bowl

Post by bowl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:38 pm

KeenAds wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:14 pm
bowl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:24 pm
KeenAds wrote:
Hi all,

Thanks
Hey Bowl sorry for the late reply. I looked at a quintrex 460 coast runner 2007 model looked ok and seemed good on the water just wasn't sure about the hours. It had a mercury 4 stroke 60hp with about 270 hours which seemed a bit high for me.
Yeah there r plenty of good boats and odd bargain out there....

bowl

Post by bowl » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:15 pm

Return to “Boating”