rb85 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:43 pm
smile0784 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:29 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:19 pm
frozenpod wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:55 pm

Carribean has been a long standing quality at good price. Fit out is not flashy but they have everything you need.
Yes, the Carribeans are good.

Before I was married and I had money, I was seriously looking at a Carribean Intruder (19 something feet). The Reef Runner (21ft) had an issue with hull roll while cruising.

But the Intruder was the sparkle in my eye. Not great with all the "bells & whisltes", but I prefer simple, so it was perfect.

Then , , , , I got married and have kids , , , , the boat I have, will have to do , , , , and it does do , , , , quite well.

Wouldn't change a thing

Cheers, Bugz
It's funny how kids change plans but priority change and the boat stays the same lol
I glanced over the Carribeans nice boats a dive door would be nice in their offshore boats, The transom in comparison to the Southern formula and Haines Hunters I checked out aren't as well laid out for fishing. They are a nice boat but need a little bit of a revamp for a dedicated offshore trailer boat
I'd happily have a reef runner, never been in one but gee they look nice

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Re: 2019 Melbourne Boat Show

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:48 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:27 pm
rb85 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
frozenpod wrote:

Carribean has been a long standing quality at good price. Fit out is not flashy but they have everything you need.

Before I was married and I had money, I was seriously looking at a Carribean Intruder (19 something feet). The Reef Runner (21ft) had an issue with hull roll while cruising.

But the Intruder was the sparkle in my eye. Not great with all the "bells & whisltes", but I prefer simple, so it was perfect.

Then , , , , I got married and have kids , , , , the boat I have, will have to do , , , , and it does do , , , , quite well.

Wouldn't change a thing

Cheers, Bugz
It's funny how kids change plans but priority change and the boat stays the same lol
I glanced over the Carribeans nice boats a dive door would be nice in their offshore boats, The transom in comparison to the Southern formula and Haines Hunters I checked out aren't as well laid out for fishing. They are a nice boat but need a little bit of a revamp for a dedicated offshore trailer boat
They had a fishing jet ski there - looked pretty slick.

Would be a sweet ride when you can’t be assed dealing with a big boat.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm

Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Bugatti wrote:
frozenpod wrote:

Wouldn't change a thing

Cheers, Bugz
No doubt Kimster, they are the jewel in the Carribean fleet. Plenty, and plenty enough deck space. The cabin is more than ample, and with inserts between the seats, makes a great bed for two for long stays out at sea. AND, they can be canopied up so as to be totally out of the weather, without compromising open deck space, great for winter. Their simple deck setup allows for all of that. The hull roll, easily fixed with Trim Tabs WHICH a boat that size would benefit from Trim Tabs anyway for better performance.

For me, the two less feet of the 19 foot Intruder was a more "usable" option , , , , vehicle, storage, towing (and there were a lot of country trips)

But without a doubt, the Reef Runner if there were no major restrictions was/is the better boat to have, it goes without saying , , , , always better having "more" boat.

But now, it is just a dream that keeps me sane ;-)

Cheers, Bugz Dreamingz

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:57 pm

We can all dream mate.
I wish I had one too

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:09 pm
Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
Bugatti wrote:

Wouldn't change a thing

Cheers, Bugz
No doubt Kimster, they are the jewel in the Carribean fleet. Plenty, and plenty enough deck space. The cabin is more than ample, and with inserts between the seats, makes a great bed for two for long stays out at sea. AND, they can be canopied up so as to be totally out of the weather, without compromising open deck space, great for winter. Their simple deck setup allows for all of that. The hull roll, easily fixed with Trim Tabs WHICH a boat that size would benefit from Trim Tabs anyway for better performance.

For me, the two less feet of the 19 foot Intruder was a more "usable" option , , , , vehicle, storage, towing (and there were a lot of country trips)

But without a doubt, the Reef Runner if there were no major restrictions was/is the better boat to have, it goes without saying , , , , always better having "more" boat.

Cheers, Bugz Dreamingz
The C2300 and C2400 have overtaken the Reef Runner as the trailerable jewel at international marine.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:

Cheers, Bugz Dreamingz
The C2300 and C2400 have overtaken the Reef Runner as the trailerable jewel at international marine.
Look just like a reefy. What's the difference?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 pm

Dunno. They're all based off the old Bertram designs and haven't changed all that much since International Marine first started in the 60s. Theyre all similar from a Cobra up to a 2400. The Belmont hasn't changed except for the bow sprit, rear seats became removable in the 90s, slight dash redesign and ever so slight transom scallops since that model was introduced in the 80s.

If it ain't broke don't go trying to fix it would have to be their motto

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:56 pm
cobby wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:33 pm
Bugatti wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
rb85 wrote:

Cheers, Bugz Dreamingz
Look just like a reefy. What's the difference?

Just Checked out the Carribean Website , , , , where did Yeppie's Boat go , , , , doesn't look like they make it anymore, that Adventurer is an awesome boat, great allround boat (like the Intruder, which is also defunked).

Caribbean Adventurer.PNG

It looks like the Cavalier is their 19ft vessel now , , , , that looks aweful :(

Cavalier.PNG

Yeah Kimster, C2300 & C2400 are/look the same but bigger than the Reefy, the C2300 (which I think is better than the C2400) is half a tonne heavier but nicer for sure. Probably pushing the upper limits of a trailer-able boat but still doable.

C2300

C2300.PNG

C2300-1.PNG

C2300-2.PNG

I think the Adventurer & Intruder a great realistic Boats, the C2300 is an awesome Boat but for me anyway, a X-Lotto Boat.

Cheers, pipe dream down the drain, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm

cobby wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 pm
Dunno. They're all based off the old Bertram designs and haven't changed all that much since International Marine first started in the 60s. Theyre all similar from a Cobra up to a 2400. The Belmont hasn't changed except for the bow sprit, rear seats became removable in the 90s, slight dash redesign and ever so slight transom scallops since that model was introduced in the 80s.

I agree cobby , , , , change isn't always better

Cheers, Bug

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:01 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:07 pm
cobby wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:43 pm

I agree cobby , , , , change isn't always better

Cheers, Bug
Bugatti, given the rarity of the adventurer I feel it’s my duty to provide you with some spank bank material....

8E3CD8CF-7B1D-4A00-8874-849B0616704A.jpeg
C6B1A847-0B7D-430E-9EA2-77EAC6B586F1.jpeg
23EC4BB1-D15F-4D84-950A-FF3E41820A22.jpeg
5DD2B0D2-10AB-426A-A7F8-29ED41BC8987.jpeg
Enjoy your evening....
Last edited by yepi'mon on Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Return to “Boating”