Post by Bugatti » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:49 pm

hornet wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:44 pm
hornet wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:35 am
denis barden wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:32 am
Monster Squid not far away,caught 4 large ones off St Leonards the other day
Last year the Monsters were in at Lonsdale Bight on the 23 August not far from the Marine Reserve
Weather and a heap of Weed covering the bight last year stuffed me up
Good luck with boat and Fushin
Agree dennis the Lonsdale bight at the right time of year holds some monster squid that rival western port.

Calamari rings the size of a small child's bike wheels ! :rofl:

Ευχαριστούμε για την ανταπόκρισή σας BUG :thumbsup:
you know hornet, it all just sounds like Greek to me , , , ,

, , , , hold the phone, I am of Greek heritage , , , ,

είστε ευπρόσδεκτοι

Cheers, Bugatto Caro , , , , is in Bugattinese , , , , which can be said in any accent for any language :-D

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: dennis I did it !

Post by hornet » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 pm

Quintrex 4.1mtr Dory.... Well I've started the transformation, I've stripped down the hull, ripped out the soft floor, found one round sinker rolling around, luckily not self welded to the hull ! ... I've sanded the hull with Bondall Hydrochloric Acid and scouring pads, acid proof gloves and breathing mask highly recommended !
Program stages are etch priming the hull inside and out (done) / painting inside the boat (done) / then painting the outside / re-work the interior new floor and my personal modifications / rebuild the trailer new springs and hubs and paint frame / add fishing utensils rod holders storage ect.

The inside will be in "classic cream" I find white hard on the eyes in full sun, I have decided on "burnt orange" for the exterior, I'll update with pictures as I finish each stage, these pics are the hull BEFORE I etch primed it in grey ready for the internal and exterior coats.

(Present)=> I have painted the inside today and will paint the outside next week, I'll post pics when the first stage of painting is complete... cheers the hornet,
Attachments
IMAG0179.jpg
IMAG0178.jpg
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:14 am

Good start mate
Keep up the good work

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:37 am

:-D Way to go Hornet

Thanks for waiting for me before you continued, that is so nice of you , , , , hey, that's the thought I'm going with , , , , ok

You are doing a great job, looks clean, fantastic and Aluminium-ie . And the prep is where all the work and quality is, smart man. Keeping any grubby greasy fingers off the work in-between coats helps too , , , , avoids paint blisters or peeling 5 years down the track.

My Skimmer has a cream (kind of musky) colour interior and yes, a lot easier on the eyes.

Looks like we have two babies developing on this forum now , , , , Smiley's Nathaniel James , , , , and now Hornet's Dory

Cheers Bug , , , , denying any DNA test results of pre 1999

denis barden

Post by denis barden » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:16 am

Hornet-Lou King Good
Same as the one I sold about 18mths ago-Sturdy hull
They are good as a side console set up

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:21 am

hornet wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:14 pm
Quintrex 4.1mtr Dory.... Well I've started the transformation, I've stripped down the hull, ripped out the soft floor, found one round sinker rolling around, luckily not self welded to the hull ! ... I've sanded the hull with Bondall Hydrochloric Acid and scouring pads, acid proof gloves and breathing mask highly recommended !
Program stages are etch priming the hull inside and out (done) / painting inside the boat (done) / then painting the outside / re-work the interior new floor and my personal modifications / rebuild the trailer new springs and hubs and paint frame / add fishing utensils rod holders storage ect.

The inside will be in "classic cream" I find white hard on the eyes in full sun, I have decided on "burnt orange" for the exterior, I'll update with pictures as I finish each stage, these pics are the hull BEFORE I etch primed it in grey ready for the internal and exterior coats.

(Present)=> I have painted the inside today and will paint the outside next week, I'll post pics when the first stage of painting is complete... cheers the hornet,
It’s looking great hornet!!!
Keep up the good work mate :)
Roughly when do you think it will be complete?
Bet you can’t wait for your first launch in it.
Cheers :thumbsup:

yepi'mon
Has liked: 36 times

Post by yepi'mon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:24 am

Looking schmick mate!

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:16 am

Great job mate cant wait to c it finished

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:32 am

I had planned to have it finished by the end of August... But as per usual there's always obstacles !
The weather is number one ! not good for paint adhesion ! or working out in the open in general.
Also the garage is shared with ny tradie son so I need to work in with him when he's not using it.
There's also the time I spend at his place helping renovating his house.
So I really don't have a finish date at this stage, Guess I'll try for Sept / Oct now ?
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:29 pm

So might get it done for peak snapper season

If your helping your son, should ask him to help you out

Return to “Boating”