Done Some research...

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Re: Done Some research...

Post by cobby » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:32 pm

ducky wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:32 pm
cobby post wrote:
ducky wrote: Do yourself a favour. Add $3k to the budget and grab this. She’s a little underpowered but would still run well enough being so skinny.

Posted in game fishing buy sell swap
There was a Cuban 2100 for sale about 6 months ago with a 250 opti on it for a similar price. **** was I close to selling my arse in St Kilda to buy it...

Purple, they're built on the old Signature 2100S ski boat hull that's been modified slightly
Few blokes in here acting like it’s not expensive to bang any boat into a jetty etc. it’s a fully open boat. Be far easier to handle around a launch than a tight quartered little runabout with no access to the front of the boat. Put a few fenders on it. Not to mention actually being a good boat for running offshore.

1600kg tow limited would be touch and go though. Probably weighs somewhere around 1600 empty.
Or that the length makes it harder to handle... Tow limit on the other hand is a lot harder to change

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:46 am

Wrong thread
Last edited by bowl on Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Leronzia
Has liked: 23 times

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:56 am

Yall reckon i can fish 3 comf in a polycrsft 4.5 and or 4 in 4.8

Or if i want to fish that many i have to sacrifice the ride for alloy?

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am

Honestly mate. You can’t bait fish 4 comfortably in anything less than 7m

You can get away with 3 in smaller boats including my little formula 15 but anything 6m or less is best with 2.

Personally I’d only go a runabout/half cab style boat if it had bunks big enough to sleep in. Any smaller than that and you lose too much fishing space for not enough benefit.

Centre console is the go I reckon for smaller boats. More fishing space than a big boat and honestly you can buy pretty good weatherproof clothing to handle the rain and all that. I’ve fished 3 with lures dozens of times in my boat. Only time it’s an issue is when snag fishing as you’re limiting where you’re casting to and it gets busy. The rest of the time it’s fine.

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 am

ducky wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am

You can get away with 3 in smaller boats including my little formula 15 but anything 6m or less is best with 2.

Personally I’d only go a runabout/half cab style boat if it had bunks big enough to sleep in. Any smaller than that and you lose too much fishing space for not enough benefit.

Centre console is the go I reckon for smaller boats. More fishing space than a big boat and honestly you can buy pretty good weatherproof clothing to handle the rain and all that. I’ve fished 3 with lures dozens of times in my boat. Only time it’s an issue is when snag fishing as you’re limiting where you’re casting to and it gets busy. The rest of the time it’s fine.
Ok Thanks for the honesty ducky :)
Think a 4.8 or 4.5 poly is the go centre console.
But the 4.8 are heavy like 550kg alone so plus motor and trailer like 1.1 tonnes
You reckon thats alright on a 1600 towing capacity cause for example i want to go camping then its Hard to bring stuff.

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:58 am

Plus if anyone has a plate boat how much better is it then pressed and why. Ive read more strength more stability but is this true?

Like if i coukd get a 4.8 fOrmosa, tabs or bluefin (dreaming) how would compare to pressed or poly

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 am

if the weight is an issue and you want to go poly, look at the smartwave range of boats.
thats what i have, harder to find locally but the 4800 weighs 350 or so kilos and only needs a 60hp.
with reduced weight ofcourse comes drawbacks, like not punching through chop like the heavier boats do etc..

and yeah ive fished 3 in a brumby with a cabin, thats the most id go, centre console yes 4 will be easy.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 am

Leronzia wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 am
ducky wrote:

But the 4.8 are heavy like 550kg alone so plus motor and trailer like 1.1 tonnes
You reckon thats alright on a 1600 towing capacity cause for example i want to go camping then its Hard to bring stuff.
Ducky is on the money. I'd be looking at the 4.8m and above.

That setup will be under 1T. You'll be fine towing it

Cheers, Anth

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:50 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 am
Leronzia wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 am
ducky wrote:

Ducky is on the money. I'd be looking at the 4.8m and above.

That setup will be under 1T. You'll be fine towing it

Cheers, Anth
4.8 poly or ali you saying. Or just general :)

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:51 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 am
if the weight is an issue and you want to go poly, look at the smartwave range of boats.
thats what i have, harder to find locally but the 4800 weighs 350 or so kilos and only needs a 60hp.
with reduced weight ofcourse comes drawbacks, like not punching through chop like the heavier boats do etc..

and yeah ive fished 3 in a brumby with a cabin, thats the most id go, centre console yes 4 will be easy.
Have heard negative thigs about them whats your experience?

Return to “Boating”