Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:17 am
Leronzia wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:14 am
ducky wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:07 am
Honestly mate. You can’t bait fish 4 comfortably in anything less than 7m

You can get away with 3 in smaller boats including my little formula 15 but anything 6m or less is best with 2.

Personally I’d only go a runabout/half cab style boat if it had bunks big enough to sleep in. Any smaller than that and you lose too much fishing space for not enough benefit.

Centre console is the go I reckon for smaller boats. More fishing space than a big boat and honestly you can buy pretty good weatherproof clothing to handle the rain and all that. I’ve fished 3 with lures dozens of times in my boat. Only time it’s an issue is when snag fishing as you’re limiting where you’re casting to and it gets busy. The rest of the time it’s fine.
Ok Thanks for the honesty ducky :)
Think a 4.8 or 4.5 poly is the go centre console.
But the 4.8 are heavy like 550kg alone so plus motor and trailer like 1.1 tonnes
You reckon thats alright on a 1600 towing capacity cause for example i want to go camping then its Hard to bring stuff.
Ducky is on the money. I'd be looking at the 4.8m and above.

That setup will be under 1T. You'll be fine towing it

Cheers, Anth
Ah yes youre right 550 boat 170ish motor 250 max trailer still sitting sub 1 ton.

To think i major in math.XD

thanks Anth :)

Think thats the go.

Sinsemilla

Re: Done Some research...

Post by Sinsemilla » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 am

Leronzia wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:53 am
Sinsemilla wrote:
Leronzia wrote:
ducky wrote:

You can get away with 3 in smaller boats including my little formula 15 but anything 6m or less is best with 2.

Personally I’d only go a runabout/half cab style boat if it had bunks big enough to sleep in. Any smaller than that and you lose too much fishing space for not enough benefit.

Centre console is the go I reckon for smaller boats. More fishing space than a big boat and honestly you can buy pretty good weatherproof clothing to handle the rain and all that. I’ve fished 3 with lures dozens of times in my boat. Only time it’s an issue is when snag fishing as you’re limiting where you’re casting to and it gets busy. The rest of the time it’s fine.
But the 4.8 are heavy like 550kg alone so plus motor and trailer like 1.1 tonnes
You reckon thats alright on a 1600 towing capacity cause for example i want to go camping then its Hard to bring stuff.

Cheers, Anth
Ah yes youre right 550 boat 170ish motor 250 max trailer still sitting sub 1 ton.

Think thats the go.
Either Aluminium or poly. I'd stick to an actual polycraft though and a plate aluminium if going alloy.

I'm actually in the market for a boat and looking at exactly what you're looking for. I want a 4.8m to 5m centre or side console for inshore/lakes fishing with a bit of offshore fishing here and there. A Quintrex 510 Territory legend is the sort of boat I'm after

Leronzia
Has liked: 23 times

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:31 am

Sinsemilla wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:14 am
Leronzia wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Leronzia wrote:
ducky wrote:

Cheers, Anth

Think thats the go.
Either Aluminium or poly. I'd stick to an actual polycraft though and a plate aluminium if going alloy.

I'm actually in the market for a boat and looking at exactly what you're looking for. I want a 4.8m to 5m centre or side console for inshore/lakes fishing with a bit of offshore fishing here and there. A Quintrex 510 Territory legend is the sort of boat I'm after
Noice :)

ill have a look at that. their out of the budget though :(

good luck but!

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 am

Leronzia wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:51 am
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:12 am
if the weight is an issue and you want to go poly, look at the smartwave range of boats.
thats what i have, harder to find locally but the 4800 weighs 350 or so kilos and only needs a 60hp.
with reduced weight ofcourse comes drawbacks, like not punching through chop like the heavier boats do etc..

and yeah ive fished 3 in a brumby with a cabin, thats the most id go, centre console yes 4 will be easy.
Have heard negative thigs about them whats your experience?
negative things about what?

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 am

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:56 am
Leronzia wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
if the weight is an issue and you want to go poly, look at the smartwave range of boats.
thats what i have, harder to find locally but the 4800 weighs 350 or so kilos and only needs a 60hp.
with reduced weight ofcourse comes drawbacks, like not punching through chop like the heavier boats do etc..

and yeah ive fished 3 in a brumby with a cabin, thats the most id go, centre console yes 4 will be easy.
smart waves

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:57 am

plus anyone know anything about anglapro bandit and getaway and sniper boats? how do they compare to seajay, quintrex etc

sniper looks good and is in my budget?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:01 pm

Leronzia wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
Leronzia wrote:
purple5ive wrote:

smart waves
Interesting, what exactly have you heard?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

Leronzia wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Leronzia wrote:
ducky wrote:

Cheers, Anth

Think thats the go.
factor in a 70l tank of fuel , plus the anchor, chain and rope plus batteries x2 and other miscellaneous stuff and the weight adds up real quick..

Leronzia

Post by Leronzia » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:04 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm
Leronzia wrote:
Sinsemilla wrote:
Leronzia wrote:
ducky wrote:

Cheers, Anth

Think thats the go.
factor in a 70l tank of fuel , plus the anchor, chain and rope plus batteries x2 and other miscellaneous stuff and the weight adds up real quick..
this is true. what would you think looking at weight wise in total?

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:41 pm

Final weight will depend on what size anchor and chain you go with, how many batteries etc etc.
I'm not familiar with anchor and chain weights so I'll let someone with more knowledge on them reply.
Batteries you can roughly estimate 25kg each battery

Plus trolling motor if your getting one and 1 or 2 batteries for that depending on whether you get a 12v or 24v model. More than likely for a boat that big it will be 24v or even 36 depending which one you pick, so 3 batteries

It all adds up real quick..

As with the smartwave I've never had any issues with mine and havent heard anyone else having problems either..
So I find it interesting you actually have heard of negative reviews from who knows where...
If I could afford the 4800 I would get one tommorow..

Return to “Boating”