Minn Kota bowmount install

drewb

Minn Kota bowmount install

Post by drewb » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:48 pm

Hi Guys,

After a bit of info from anyone who has installed a bow mounted electric on an aluminum runabout. I'll need to get a plate welded to the bow that projects forward of the bow so there's enough length in front of the windscreen.

Looking for marine welder or fabricator in SE Melb, preferably Mornington Peninsula way that has experience in doing this, I've done a few google searches and on other forums, can't seem to find anyone in Melb.

Cheers.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: Minn Kota bowmount install

Post by purple5ive » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:18 pm

Ozplate boats in seaford should be able to help you. They build plate boats there obviously.

You can also contact member cheaterparts on here, he might be able to help you as well. He is not far from Mornington either.

Otherwise start ringing your local engineering shops and see who can do it for you.

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Re: Minn Kota bowmount install

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:47 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:18 pm

You can also contact member cheaterparts on here, he might be able to help you as well. He is not far from Mornington either.
As Steve said I do a bit from home and yes I do weld aluminium and am set up with a TIG in the shed

If you won’t to chat about it. 0402 208 657
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

Return to “Boating”