new boat purchase

wayne o

new boat purchase

Post by wayne o » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:16 pm

G'day all,

New to this forum and my questions involve purchasing a new/near new boat. I have been having at look at the new boat builder Ocean Master down at Geelong and a model that has caught my eye is the Enterprise/Explorer 590's and if there is any owners out there that can give me feedback. Have looked at Cruise Craft, Haines, Evolution etc.

:cheers:
Wayne O

Dr Drift

Re: new boat purchase

Post by Dr Drift » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:26 pm

Gidday Wayne,

first let me welcome you to the forum and hope to hear some off your adventures soon and if you do get the boat some pics would be nice....(I love to perv on boats)....

Ocean Master boats??? Isnt that mannis? He is the designer and builder? But his based in Hoppers not geelong unless he has moved recently(or your looking at a dealer in geelong)? Manni actually builds the boats in Hoppers Crossing just off Old geelong rd(PM me if you wanna know the address). He is a down to earth no crap talking bloke....and passionate about his boats, only thing is he has signed a contract with dealers and cant sell out off his factory direct unless its a demo model or something like that....any way it would still be good to talk to the actual builder if your thinking off buying IMHO....
I know him quite well and his boats are nice and his background with Haines back in the day has made his designs quite good. I dont know off the actual boat model your talking about but his range did seem nice to me..... He has done alot off modification work for me in the past... So i know that his craftsmanship is second to none! Hence why i believe his boats are quite well made!
Dr Drift...
<((((((><

FishHardButFishSafe...

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:40 am

I actually visted the Ocean Master factory @ hoppers crossing & spoke to the owner / builder , he makes great boats from what i can gather & they are built using "no deadlines" quality & materials all the way . i prefer the Enterprise cuddy cabs , the Explorers are more runabout styled .
I would think you will do very well to buy one of his boats , Geelong boating centre is a dealer of Ocean Master boats "Good Luck" . ;)

wayne o

Post by wayne o » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks to you all for your helpful information.

Wayne O

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am

wayne o wrote:Thanks to you all for your helpful information.

Wayne O

No Prob's ;)

Return to “Boating”