Isnt this crap.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Re: Isnt this crap.

Post by gregmaka » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:23 pm

I got sacked 5 years ago because i told a worker i had a terminal illness,and they told the bosses.I always worked weekends when no one did for years,just to keep the company afloat. They did not tell me they were sacking me,they just told me there was not much work.I was a licenced wall and floor tile layer 32 years.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:35 am

one2three wrote:
DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:545.80 a week would cover food and bills I guess be tough to thrive on.
It's a fortnight, not a week and about 60% under the poverty line. It is practically impossible to live off.
This is the biggest problem and hasn't moved with inflation
My mistake I know it’s a fortnight don’t know why I wrote week. Like I said will cover food and bills. rent etc is another story.
Last edited by rb85 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:43 am

DougieK wrote: Anyone with an investment property complaining that centerlink won't pay their mortgage needs to have a good hard look at themselves.
Have never been on Centrelink despite being unemployed no investment property but too much in savings to qualify so never bothered asking. That being said I can relate to the stresses and uncertainty of being out of work with ongoing mortgage repayments so I do sympathise with the bloke in respect to that. But don’t feel there’s a need to kick someone when their down.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 am

A few things.
Firstly, if you’re struggling to hold down work in and around Melbourne you might want to reconsider your plan to move to a rural area as work will be much harder to come by. Secondly, Centerlink is a (woefully inadequate) safety net to keep you off the street, not to ensure people sitting on hundreds of thousands in net assets meet their mortgage repayments. Thirdly, if you do have to sell the investment property keep in mind this is not the worst time to be selling as the market will be close to its peak with the banks about to tighten the screws on new lending on the back of the royal commission.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:35 am

KeenAds wrote:That's not good at all sorry to hear that. Don't bother with centerlink mate unless you really have to. Not sure of your work history and experience but you will be better off ringing a couple of agencies and seeing if they have any casual work going till something comes up. Good luck.
Already signed up with 2 agencies and only hot 1 shift in 2 weeks lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 am

phil1818 wrote:Sorry to hear that knackers, this is the problem with the bloody system hard working blokes who get up, go to work and pay there taxes all there life have some bad luck and need a hand while they get back onto there feet get jack sh*t from the government while the system gets bleed dry by the parasites that have never worked a day in there life!! It’s plain wrong and needs to change if you’ve worked your life and paid taxes you deserve a hand from the system you pay for to get on your feet again not the loosers who have not contributed a cent towards the system.. all backwards in my books, look after the bloody people who fund the system!
Yes defently screwed up.
Either way the decent person that works hard to set there life up and has some vad luck has to loose everything before centerlink will help.

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:40 am

rb85 wrote:https://www.humanservices.gov.au/indivi ... ou-can-get

If you’re Your maximum fortnightly payment is
Single, no children $545.80
Single, with a dependent child or children $590.40
Single, aged 60 or over, after 9 continuous months on payment $590.40
Partnered $492.80 each
Single principal carer granted an exemption from commitments for any of the following:

foster caring
non-parent relative caring under a court order
home schooling
distance education
large family
$762.40
Sounds aboutright.
Either way still wont even cover 2/3 of the mortage in the house we live in tho.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:41 am

smile0784 wrote:
KeenAds wrote:That's not good at all sorry to hear that. Don't bother with centerlink mate unless you really have to. Not sure of your work history and experience but you will be better off ringing a couple of agencies and seeing if they have any casual work going till something comes up. Good luck.
Already signed up with 2 agencies and only hot 1 shift in 2 weeks lol
Well it’s a start lol

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:42 am

rb85 wrote:545.80 a fortnight would cover food and bills I guess be tough to thrive on.

edit
Our bill and food and car fuel each month is 2400 to 2800 a month lol
According to credit card

smile0784

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:44 am

DougieK wrote:
rb85 wrote:545.80 a week would cover food and bills I guess be tough to thrive on.
It's a fortnight, not a week and about 60% under the poverty line. It is practically impossible to live off.

Anyone with an investment property complaining that centerlink won't pay their mortgage needs to have a good hard look at themselves.
Even if i didnt have the investment property so discount 400 from my original mortage cost.
So down to 1800 permonth for mortgage for this house and 2400 to 2800 per month for all bills

Still sucks

Return to “Off Topic Forum”