Renting out the Beach House, then this happened

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
tuna tube

Re: Renting out the Beach House, then this happened

Post by tuna tube » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:04 am

Why didn't you question the missing $$$ and paperwork at the time?

Just reading through again, and apologies if I missed something, but you say they took the paperwork and deposit $$$, fair enough, but how the hell did they take your boat without you seeing it or stopping them???
Cheers
The Tube

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:45 pm

tuna tube wrote:Why didn't you question the missing $$$ and paperwork at the time?

Just reading through again, and apologies if I missed something, but you say they took the paperwork and deposit $$$, fair enough, but how the hell did they take your boat without you seeing it or stopping them???
I saw it alright, it was all over in a moment.
try to imagine you walking out your front door and seeing their van taking off with your boat attached
even tried to chase the buggers down the street. It was all to late.

So I rang the cops and that's how my "friend" got involved.
Now no one wants to touch the subject of what I could do next, just get told I will have to handle it myself.

cheers

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:00 pm

frozenpod wrote:Theft.

File police report and make an insurance claim.
I wish, this is where I stuffed up big time.
After paying for boat insurance every year, as I haven't had it out for 4-5 years a "friend" said to me why pay when its just sitting safe in my garage as it should be covered for fire by the home insurance.
About the police report, because my "friend" could have gotten in trouble for doing what he did, I have sat around doing nothing about it.
Yep saved myself $450 in insurance this year, 1st time in 20 years I haven't insured my boats.
And with my luck this happens. :doh1:

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:37 pm

TackleNut wrote:
tuna tube wrote:Why didn't you question the missing $$$ and paperwork at the time?

I saw it alright, it was all over in a moment.
try to imagine you walking out your front door and seeing their van taking off with your boat attached
even tried to chase the buggers down the street. It was all to late.

So I rang the cops and that's how my "friend" got involved.
Now no one wants to touch the subject of what I could do next, just get told I will have to handle it myself.

cheers
Sorry mate but it takes longer than a moment to reverse up to a boat trailer and hook it up. If it was already hooked up before you had full payment then you were asking for trouble right from the start. I cannot imagine anyone driving off with my boat without receiving full payment with a bank cheque or cash. It would be pretty hard to get through 2 locked gates and a hitch lock without me noticing. One can only assume that you allowed them to hook it up before you got paid. Don't trust anyone you don't know. Just common sense.
Cheers
The Tube

shazdoggg

Post by shazdoggg » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:22 pm

Nick, after reading your story I think you have a few options to explore. You say you know who the bloke is because he sells stuff on ebay. That in itself is enough to identify him. If your 'police friend' is really your friend, this is an avenue which he can explore. I would need to sit down with you face to face to hear your full story. The longer you leave any investigation after the fact the difficulty increases to prove what happened. If you want me to pop round next week for cuppa let me know. If all else, Im a good listener..

Regards shaz
Last edited by shazdoggg on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I got time,
I wet a line cos Im a junkie,
been fishin since a kid,
I like it cos it numbs me..

TackleNut

Post by TackleNut » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:46 pm

tuna tube wrote: Sorry mate but it takes longer than a moment to reverse up to a boat trailer and hook it up. If it was already hooked up before you had full payment then you were asking for trouble right from the start. I cannot imagine anyone driving off with my boat without receiving full payment with a bank cheque or cash. It would be pretty hard to get through 2 locked gates and a hitch lock without me noticing. One can only assume that you allowed them to hook it up before you got paid. Don't trust anyone you don't know. Just common sense.
Hi Tuna,

not as sorry as I am.

Yep its my fault for being trusting.
It's been a huge weakness all my life, what am I now supposed to do ?
change my attitude towards people ?
I should, as you and my brother say to me, it was a silly thing to do.
Don't trust anyone when it comes to $$$.

Yes I did let him ( the dad ) hook up the trailer as we went into the house to sign the paper work.
And your so right common sense tells you not to do it. But it happened and I am wearing it.

I am not after anyone's sympathy, just telling what happened to me the past 2 months

tuna tube

Post by tuna tube » Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:21 am

Mate, that was a very silly thing to do and I hope you learned from it. Shaz makes a good point and I think you two should sit down and work out a plan. Good on ya Shaz
Cheers
The Tube

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:29 am

tuna tube wrote:Mate, that was a very silly thing to do and I hope you learned from it. Shaz makes a good point and I think you two should sit down and work out a plan. Good on ya Shaz
Me second this :thumbsup:

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

snapper hunter

Post by snapper hunter » Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:39 am

The main problem I see here is, there guys will deny and say they paid you the full amount and the deal was settled.

Mate, you need to start putting up pictures of your boat so we can identify it and track it down for you.

Then the recovery operation will start

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Yeah good idea....put a pic of the boat up tacklenut

We can all keep a eye out for it on the bay and lakes.!!
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

Return to “Off Topic Forum”