NBN help!

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Re: NBN help!

Post by Blue » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Thanks Scrag, makes me feel a bit more at ease.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Any one have any idea when Berwick are getting the NBN? adsl just aint cutting it
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 pm

Blue wrote:Thanks Scrag, makes me feel a bit more at ease.
Blue
Don't worry about it...do you think I understood everything! Whilst we are at it...wtf is a 'ping'?
Master-pro wrote:Any one have any idea when Berwick are getting the NBN? adsl just aint cutting it
Never! :-x They have had probs with the transflex cables deriliberating the stomatal bandwidth, not to mention the wiring suffering damage from the wild gopulator species present in the area!
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

FishnMiss
Has liked: 10 times

Post by FishnMiss » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:41 pm

Jim if you hop onto Whirlpool you can get heaps of info on there and also off their forums. Also they have the tech guys from the various Service Providers answering questions:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 am

Master-pro wrote:Any one have any idea when Berwick are getting the NBN? adsl just aint cutting it
Don't know but we have it on our street here in Cranbourne and works seam to be going on around the area
I my self am waiting to be hooked up atm - signed up about 2 weeks ago
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

matt1991

Post by matt1991 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:58 am

You can check here http://www.nbnco.com.au/connect-home-or ... dress.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to see when your area is getting NBN.

posman

Post by posman » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:40 pm

Hmm having read your requirements, previous internet supplier. I think the base plan-25mbps would suit your needs. Fb/forums will be fine, but youtube may not buffer fast enough at 12mbps. Especially with the high quality of videos these days. Perhaps start with base plan, if its to slow.. upgrade the next month. My 2 cents anyways! Good luck

HarryS11

Post by HarryS11 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Don't worry about it...do you think I understood everything! Whilst we are at it...wtf is a 'ping'?
Ping is basically lag and the more ping the more the game lags. I play with 400 ping and its not too bad but anything higher than 500 is unplayable for me. It usually ends up being a half second delay with 500 + ping.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:21 pm

HarryS11 wrote:
Ping is basically lag and the more ping the more the game lags. I play with 400 ping and its not too bad but anything higher than 500 is unplayable for me. It usually ends up being a half second delay with 500 + ping.
I believe a ping of 500 means u have a 500millisecond delay, so yes half a second. I personally find over 100 unplayable, and anything over 30-50 annoying. I couldn't handle a ping of 400. It's ok for MMOs and RPGs but any first person shooters and it is absolute hell.

That being said bender doesn't look like he is into gaming so wouldn't even notice the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:42 pm

Scraglor wrote:
HarryS11 wrote:
I believe a ping of 500 means u have a 500millisecond delay, so yes half a second. I personally find over 100 unplayable, and anything over 30-50 annoying. I couldn't handle a ping of 400. It's ok for MMOs and RPGs but any first person shooters and it is absolute hell.

That being said bender doesn't look like he is into gaming so wouldn't even notice the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Um, just thinking, what does a gamer look like? cheers davo
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

Return to “Off Topic Forum”