ducks

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Queasy

Re: ducks

Post by Queasy » Wed May 04, 2016 11:05 pm

fishpod wrote:
chris seafarer wrote:
fishpod wrote:Thats a good question, not sure if there is a law against grabbing ducks
Its the look from peak hour traffic...lol
It's probably stupid even thinking about it but I really do wonder if there is a law against it, I know they can be a pain in the butt when fishing :thumbsup:
Think you'll find pretty much all native wildlife is protected by law. Certain species of duck can be taken by licensed hunters holding a game licence during the open season by "shotgun only, not exceeding 12 guage or two barrels" at locations where shooting is permitted.

Having said the my mum was doing her daily walk around Princes Park in Carlton North a few years ago when a man casually strolled past picnickers and grabbed a duck. When challenged by the horrified onlookers, he stated it was a wild duck and he had every right to take it home and cook it, which he proceeded to do.....

Mike_M

Post by Mike_M » Thu May 05, 2016 8:29 am

Queasy wrote: Having said the my mum was doing her daily walk around Princes Park in Carlton North a few years ago when a man casually strolled past picnickers and grabbed a duck. When challenged by the horrified onlookers, he stated it was a wild duck and he had every right to take it home and cook it, which he proceeded to do.....
If it was a mallard or feral domestic duck, then he was probably correct.

Queasy

Post by Queasy » Sat May 07, 2016 11:27 am

Mike_M wrote:
Queasy wrote: Having said the my mum was doing her daily walk around Princes Park in Carlton North a few years ago when a man casually strolled past picnickers and grabbed a duck. When challenged by the horrified onlookers, he stated it was a wild duck and he had every right to take it home and cook it, which he proceeded to do.....
If it was a mallard or feral domestic duck, then he was probably correct.
Good point, and I'm not sure what species of duck it was. Generally I reckon I see more wood ducks about than anything. I did get the impression tho that the 'hunter' wouldn't have cared too much, and nothing short of taking the bloke down in a rugby tackle was going to save that duck.

Fishomicko

Post by Fishomicko » Sat May 07, 2016 12:21 pm

I know they banned fishing in Blackburn lake because people were catching ducks to take home for dinner

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Sat May 07, 2016 12:56 pm

These people are cruel and f'ing tight @rses, just go and buy a farmed duck, cleaned, plucked, ready to go...

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 07, 2016 1:13 pm

Fishomicko wrote:I know they banned fishing in Blackburn lake because people were catching ducks to take home for dinner
That's just sad :down:

mingle
Has liked: 1 time

Post by mingle » Sat May 07, 2016 5:17 pm

What he said, x 2...
Trumpeter wrote:These people are cruel and f'ing tight @rses, just go and buy a farmed duck, cleaned, plucked, ready to go...

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 07, 2016 6:52 pm

Even worse was one time when I was fishing for mullet in the Yarra under the Westgate I saw a guy casting his line up into the air into a flock of flying seagulls. It got tangled with a couple which he pulled down and when I asked him what he plans to do with them he said for dinner...

Trumpeter
Has liked: 71 times

Post by Trumpeter » Sat May 07, 2016 7:04 pm

Now that's just wrong....

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat May 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Trumpeter wrote:Now that's just wrong....
And that's no lie mate I am telling you the absolute truth... I thought I was hearing things...

Return to “Off Topic Forum”