3 people die today! RIP

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: 3 people die today! RIP

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:37 am

Fish-cador wrote:freaking justice system. TOO SOFT! The killer will be charged with multiple homicide. WTF! Homicide? He should be hang for multiple murders. Strap this guy on a metal chair and kill him with high current low voltage electricity...as low as 2V if needed. I bet if they will put the opportunity to flick the switch on a lottery, many will join the draw.

No wonder criminals are not afraid. "Slap in the wrist" is all they can hand out to killers and major criminal offenders.
I'm a advocate for community based vigilantes channel your anger towards smashing the next junkie or drug dealer causing problems in your community.

Boydwilliam

Post by Boydwilliam » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:13 am

Not surprisingly I've heard there is already a bounty on this guys head in each and every jail in the state.....
Even hardened crooks don't put up with this bull.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:18 am

rb85 wrote: I'm a advocate for community based vigilantes channel your anger towards smashing the next junkie or drug dealer causing problems in your community.
Sorry I don't possess such view as yours wrt vigilante tactics. If you are a vigilante, you are just as bad as them. I don't promote violence. I am frustrated, not angry. I want to see justice, you want violence.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:20 pm

If that stops drugs on the street poisoning kids yes because the problem doesn't get policed.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:43 pm

rb85 wrote: This isn't the copper on the concretes fault that's the decision of judges influenced by bureaucratic bullcrap.

Mental Illness is an issue in society but plenty of people with mental health problems don't perform criminal acts so I wonder if this mental illness is substance related?

So there's a lot of anger in the community over this senseless act and the words drug abuse and domestic violence have been throw around a lot. If there's any truth that drugs were involved channel your anger towards getting these drug dealing and abusing pricks off your streets and communities.
Mental illness isn't a one size fits all, there are varying degrees of severity. In addition the treatments people have access to vary a lot, if you don't have much money it can be very difficult to get proper care. I've seen first hand a guy with quite severe bipolar go off the rails completely because the 10 psych sessions you can get under bulk billing each year weren't enough to keep him right. By the end he was smashing stuff and screaming bible verses at the top of his voice which was easily the scariest thing I've seen in my entire life.

Drugs are usually a symptom of underlying mental health issues rather than the cause. I'm very good friends with someone who worked in drug rehab and the best chance of success for them was to treat patients' mental health issues to get them into a good frame of mind because then the urge to self medicate with drugs was a lot lower which made it much easier to wean them off.

It'll all come out in the courts but if this is a case of untreated mental illness it is a tragic situation all round. Could better care earlier on in this bloke's life mean maybe at least 4 lives could be saved? If the cops had recognised his mental illness when he first started bashing people could he have been put on some kind of program or a mental hospital?
rb85 wrote:If that stops drugs on the street poisoning kids yes because the problem doesn't get policed.
It does get policed, it's just that policing doesn't work. Billions are spent on eradicating the trade in illicit drugs every year, for the last 30 years and yet with a couple of phone calls I could probably arrange to buy any drug I care to by the end of today.

If you're interested in drug policy and saving lives look at what Portugal did a few years ago and it's effect on the number of overdoses.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:50 pm

rb85 wrote:If that stops drugs on the street poisoning kids yes because the problem doesn't get policed.
Search "Rodrigo Duterte drug war" and see what you are advocating may end up with. More than half of the toll was from vigilantes. Keep your vigilante view to yourself.

http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/asia/201 ... 27022.html

In the report above:

"In another incident, an anti-drug advocate was shot dead by two masked gunmen who turned out to be police officers."

Good luck with your vigilante views mate.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:36 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
Search "Rodrigo Duterte drug war" and see what you are advocating may end up with. More than half of the toll was from vigilantes. Keep your vigilante view to yourself.

http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/asia/201 ... 27022.html

In the report above:

"In another incident, an anti-drug advocate was shot dead by two masked gunmen who turned out to be police officers."

Good luck with your vigilante views mate.
Sorry cador but I'm entitled to my views and it has worked elsewhere. Growing up in an area rife with drug, alcohol and domestic abuse issues has opened my eyes to how under resources we are to deal with these issues.!

I no longer live there but regularly return where I live there's no drug issues in my street and if there was I would be the first to knock on the dealers door with a welcoming committee.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:38 pm

4liters wrote:
rb85 wrote: This isn't the copper on the concretes fault that's the decision of judges influenced by bureaucratic bullcrap.

Mental Illness is an issue in society but plenty of people with mental health problems don't perform criminal acts so I wonder if this mental illness is substance related?

So there's a lot of anger in the community over this senseless act and the words drug abuse and domestic violence have been throw around a lot. If there's any truth that drugs were involved channel your anger towards getting these drug dealing and abusing pricks off your streets and communities.
Mental illness isn't a one size fits all, there are varying degrees of severity. In addition the treatments people have access to vary a lot, if you don't have much money it can be very difficult to get proper care. I've seen first hand a guy with quite severe bipolar go off the rails completely because the 10 psych sessions you can get under bulk billing each year weren't enough to keep him right. By the end he was smashing stuff and screaming bible verses at the top of his voice which was easily the scariest thing I've seen in my entire life.

Drugs are usually a symptom of underlying mental health issues rather than the cause. I'm very good friends with someone who worked in drug rehab and the best chance of success for them was to treat patients' mental health issues to get them into a good frame of mind because then the urge to self medicate with drugs was a lot lower which made it much easier to wean them off.

It'll all come out in the courts but if this is a case of untreated mental illness it is a tragic situation all round. Could better care earlier on in this bloke's life mean maybe at least 4 lives could be saved? If the cops had recognised his mental illness when he first started bashing people could he have been put on some kind of program or a mental hospital?
It does get policed, it's just that policing doesn't work. Billions are spent on eradicating the trade in illicit drugs every year, for the last 30 years and yet with a couple of phone calls I could probably arrange to buy any drug I care to by the end of today.

If you're interested in drug policy and saving lives look at what Portugal did a few years ago and it's effect on the number of overdoses.
Agree with what your saying re mental illness as for policing drugs I feel it's not working.

FishnMiss

Post by FishnMiss » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:54 pm

A very sensitive topic.
I understand people taking the law into their "own" hands when the "Law/Justice System" made up of soft liberal minded people do not take a complete overview of the perpetrator/s, or on the impacts on victims etc.
In general on the surface it appears as though there are too many rights & privileges for offenders.
Being a vigilante isn't the best way to go, but on the flip side one cannot sit idly by and do nothing.
Would I intervene if I saw someone doing something wrong - Yes, trying to keep as calm as possible. And yes I have had to intervene in a few situations when nobody else was prepared to (But I don't go looking for situations & don't intend starting).
Too bad those two blokes weren't able to stop the bloke killing those people yesterday.
" For Evil to triumph, all that Good people have to do is - Nothing "

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:01 pm

4liters wrote:

x2
mental illness not taken seriously enough, or early enough in peoples lives causes a lot of damage to society down the track. Its not an excuse, but a lot more can be done to stop these ticking bombs in the first place rather than just trying to contain the fall out.

Deterrents dont work for someone in a mentally ill psychotic melt down. Treat the cause, this horse has bolted

Return to “Off Topic Forum”