Ford territory towing issue

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: Ford territory towing issue

Post by smile0784 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Should i just put standard springs back in it that will be better then whats there now or go heavy duty?

adamk

Post by adamk » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:30 am

there prone for shat suspension that brakes, couple of friends at work *had* territory that they took camping with light 4x4ing no real loads on board that the suspension broke, better off with a land cruiser or a Triton tbh. sorry to be blunt, triton/ land cruiser would be better options. ex has triton an carts horses from sa to nhill/colac alot of the time for events, freinds that 4x4 an boat use land cruisers o_0

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:07 am

adamk wrote:there prone for shat suspension that brakes, couple of friends at work *had* territory that they took camping with light 4x4ing no real loads on board that the suspension broke, better off with a land cruiser or a Triton tbh. sorry to be blunt, triton/ land cruiser would be better options. ex has triton an carts horses from sa to nhill/colac alot of the time for events, freinds that 4x4 an boat use land cruisers o_0
I wanted a big 4wd but couldnt afford them. Like a hilux or ford ranger.
We looked at triton but with with me sitting in front seat there wasnt much leg room ans we wanted a family car and the land cruises was to expensive.
The territory was best money for what we wanted we could afford.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:11 am

There is a firm in dandenong that raised and strengthened the spring on my ford wagon. Cost about 600 were i was quoted a grand or more from pedders.

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:32 am

I think you need to upgrade to heavy duty springs, 100mm is to much of a drop and will cause your shocks to bottom out and damage the internals.

I would also try to get some Koni adjustable shocks (not sure if they make them for a teritory but they do for the falcon) and you can adjust the firmness when you are going on a trip to suit.

The other option is to talk to a suspension place and see if air shocks are available for your vehicle and like that you can keep the same springs. Might be a cheaper option.

Most likely your car will have IRS suspension and will destroy tyres running that much lower. It will cost you more in the long run.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:14 am

what about a load levelling kit there a genuine ford terry one on gumtree in ringwood

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:19 am

dazz999 wrote:what about a load levelling kit there a genuine ford terry one on gumtree in ringwood
skip that just red you have one

Return to “Off Topic Forum”