Marysville's Floodlit Waterfall!

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Rod Bender

Marysville's Floodlit Waterfall!

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:17 am

Hi All
I frequently went on day trips to Marysville prior to the Black Saturday fires. My favorite location there was Steavenson's Falls which was floodlit (dusk until 11pm except in times of severe drought). Power for the lights was generated by a turbine on the river. The infrastucture was wiped out by the fires and now has finally been replaced (of course they had other priorities). There is about a 300m walk down a well formed track from the car park to the falls. The track is lit as well. If you posses camera skills as opposed to my 'point and shoot' skills you will get some great pics of the falls at night. Some great creeks in the area as well for fishing during trout season. Marysville is certainly worth a visit and they do need support from visitors.
thanks
Jim
Attachments
falls11s.jpg
falls11s.jpg (95.15 KiB) Viewed 265 times
falls1s.jpg
falls1s.jpg (96.08 KiB) Viewed 265 times
falls5s.jpg
falls5s.jpg (181.37 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

SFP Guy.

Re: Marysville's Floodlit Waterfall!

Post by SFP Guy. » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:18 am

"Marysville is certainly worth a visit and they do need support from visitors."

Well said Jim!

Plenty of people head up that way to fish, either in that area or further on to Lake Eildon.

People living up that way have done it tough since Black Saturday and it's not like they're all back on Easy St these days.

I for one have detoured to stop there or other fire affected communities to stop for lunch or even just buy a few things rather than bring supplies from home. It's the least we can do.

Cam.

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:28 am

I went there for another drive today. There is a 'B & B Ahead' road sign on the outskirts which now has a 'closed' sign hanging from it. There weren't that many people around despite being in the middle of the ski season. People who ski Lake Mountain normally stay at Marysville I would assume. On saying that, I don't even know how the ski season is going! The bakery which somehow survived the fires had a few customers for a week day so I think they go OK. One of the bakeries customers decided he needed to take up two car parks for his Porsche. Someone (not me) showed their appreciation by leaving their rubbish on the back of the Porsche. Normally on a weekend there would be a few people at the falls (Marysville's night spot!) but I was on my own there. One other person arrived as I was leaving. Anyway, the falls are still mesmerising after dark.
thanks
Jim
Attachments
falls s.jpg
falls s.jpg (171.76 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Marysville LTD.JPG
Marysville LTD.JPG (204.9 KiB) Viewed 225 times
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

rixter

Post by rixter » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:40 am

Nice pics. I'll have to check it out , looks like a nice waterfall. And i'm sure the area could use the economic boost after those fires.
Cheers , RIck
Here Fishy Fishy Image
Patience Young Grasshopper.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”