Hiring of fishing and camping gear

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Hosery

Re: Hiring of fishing and camping gear

Post by Hosery » Fri May 11, 2018 7:27 am

I'm with the others not the best idea. I can't see anyone hiring a game rod. Anyone who would use that would be either on a charter, or going with someone who has the gear already. But don't knock it till you try it. Might be not a bad little gig. Plus you could claim your personal fishing gear on tax! :banana:

As for using your own boat for charters great idea. But I don't image getting your skippers ticket is cheap. Plus the insurance side of things would be a killer.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:47 pm

Hosery wrote:I'm with the others not the best idea. I can't see anyone hiring a game rod. Anyone who would use that would be either on a charter, or going with someone who has the gear already. But don't knock it till you try it. Might be not a bad little gig. Plus you could claim your personal fishing gear on tax! :banana:

As for using your own boat for charters great idea. But I don't image getting your skippers ticket is cheap. Plus the insurance side of things would be a killer.
He would only need a coxswain if its for inshore in a smaller boat it won't break the bank but getting the boat surveyed plus the required insurances may I don't think Marine safety vic does the surveying it's now in the hands of amsa.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:55 pm

Any idea is worth investigating whether it could be a profitable business or not but what is needed is a detailed business plan to work out all costs of setting up and weighing up whether you will have the time or proceeds to start a business and whether or not you will need to still be earning an income elsewhere when establishing your business.

Things to include in your plan would be premises (council permits to run a hire company from home?) target customer base, product, cost of maintenance, insurance, advertising, hours required to run proposed business other ways you can boost the income of the business such as selling tackle and bait with hire equipment, competitors already in the market, how you are going to make your business more profitable.

Personally I think the idea isn't bad but you need a way of reaching a large customer base something a tackle retailer would be able to do easier.

Best of luck if you give it a go.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Fri May 11, 2018 3:03 pm

'disposable' tents for under $10.... https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/ ... 5787kbvMaG

Return to “Off Topic Forum”