What would you do to become debt free?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
phil1818

Re: What would you do to become debt free?

Post by phil1818 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:41 pm

rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:Can’t have population growth and expect everyone can live close to work it’s not possible, move further out where prices are cheaper.. and people’s expectations these days of where they want there first home are off there head, start at the low end and work your way up buy sell buy sell
Whats the median house price for Melbourne bumping $900,000 median house price in Pakenham $510000 how often do people need to buy sell buy sell pay stamp duty etc? No your right mate people should dedicate to a life of commuting, working, commuting, working. Where does living and relaxation fit in now that we live in a 24hour economy according to some? It's not called the rat race for nothing.
Nah you right mate people should have to work bugger all, no more then 5 mins from work and swan about just enjoying life and relaxing that’s the ticket.. give me a break! as for how often depends if you want to live in Toorak or Cranbourne.. after doing it twice and ending up mortgage free I recon it works pretty well but hey you seem to know way more then anyone here about it so let’s agree to disagree ey

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm

phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:Can’t have population growth and expect everyone can live close to work it’s not possible, move further out where prices are cheaper.. and people’s expectations these days of where they want there first home are off there head, start at the low end and work your way up buy sell buy sell
Whats the median house price for Melbourne bumping $900,000 median house price in Pakenham $510000 how often do people need to buy sell buy sell pay stamp duty etc? No your right mate people should dedicate to a life of commuting, working, commuting, working. Where does living and relaxation fit in now that we live in a 24hour economy according to some? It's not called the rat race for nothing.
Nah you right mate people should have to work bugger all, no more then 5 mins from work and swan about just enjoying life and relaxing that’s the ticket.. give me a break! as for how often depends if you want to live in Toorak or Cranbourne.. after doing it twice and ending up mortgage free I recon it works pretty well but hey you seem to know way more then anyone here about it so let’s agree to disagree ey
No let's not agree to disagree now just spare us the hyperbole one situation doesn't fit all. Not everyone earns money or has a secure job that they can afford to pay for a house where they live life circumstances might not allow them to shift around yet for some reason you think because you done it and keep patting yourself on the back for it everyone can.

Look forward to seeing your face on a brochure.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Well, it's an interesting topic.
We are looking at pulling up stumps in 3-4 years and migrating north. Spent a week up Ulladulla way in Febuary and can certainly see myself
living around there, not as hot as Queensland, not as cold as here, water nearby, very enticing.

Can you make more money investing in property, or compounding !
Probably could both ways, everyone has a different mind set or disposable income to throw at either.
I bought my first house, 36 year ago, had 2 mortgages, borrowed most appliances from family and friends and had a clapped out holden which
I couldn't afford the petrol for a full 5 days, so cycled at least one day some 8 mile each way. Wife back then stayed at home to be with the kids.
So is there really a difference in then and now ? I was earning about $130 odd dollars a week, first house cost $ 38000, do the math.

It comes down to, A certain time in the beginning, ya got to do it tough to get a foot in. Population increase has meant proximety has probably changed where you could live relatively close to where you were bought up, now there's more of a distance apart.
But I certainly wouldnt want to be starting out again,,, but believe me, we done it real tough in the first 5-6 year.

About 15 year ago,Superannuation, I realised, wasn't going to do it for me, remember for alot of us, it wasn't around when we started work, So I decided to concentrate on realestate. With out going into detail, we bought, renovated ourselves, sold, and so on, in just over 15 years of bloody hard graft, a recession, and some good buying choices ( some by luck) we got to where we are now, much more than I ever could of achieved pumping my money into shares or super. this will give us the lifestyle we both wanted when we finally pull up stumps in 3 or 4 years.

My pet gripe, and one that will generally get me fired up, is when people look at what we have and say, " your lucky" look at what you've got ! Well, I've worked "F in" hard for what I've got, still doing 6 days a week, while the ones saying I'm lucky sit on there fat arses all weekend and complain about why they aren't getting ahead, and just a side note, most of them earn far more than we do, they just have to have the latest car, latest appliances, overseas every year etc etc. We've travelled a fair bit, as well, and enjoyed ourselves along the way.

There's still plenty of good opportunities in this country to have a crack at what ever you want, be it property investing, share market investing, going into your own small business etc etc, it's up to you ! And maybe some people are just plain happy to retire in there own house, live off there super and pension and enjoy there retirement, every ones different, NO ONE is right or wrong in what ever path they decide to take and sometimes these changes happen a lot later in life when children and mortgages are not such a hinderence.

Just my perspective on things......

Col

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:18 pm

rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
No let's not agree to disagree now just spare us the hyperbole one situation doesn't fit all. Not everyone earns money or has a secure job that they can afford to pay for a house where they live life circumstances might not allow them to shift around yet for some reason you think because you done it and keep patting yourself on the back for it everyone can.

It’s called life champ if everyone had a decent job and used there brain then the economy wouldn’t work yeh it’s bad luck some people can’t afford it but a lot of the time it’s there own fault through making bad life decisions. Never said everyone should or can do it.. anyone born as an Australian is born with the right to do what every they want and try to become what ever they want, plenty of people have been born into **** families and made huge success’s of them selves because they commit and work hard so don’t give me that **** that people can’t do it, if you got two arms and two legs you can if you actually work and commit to it they can achieve what ever they want in this country it’s just most put it in the too hard basket and make excuses as to why not to.. stop talking **** mate your just making yourself look like an idiot

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:35 pm

phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
phil1818 wrote:
rb85 wrote:

It’s called life champ if everyone had a decent job and used there brain then the economy wouldn’t work yeh it’s bad luck some people can’t afford it but a lot of the time it’s there own fault through making bad life decisions. Never said everyone should or can do it.. anyone born as an Australian is born with the right to do what every they want and try to become what ever they want, plenty of people have been born into sh*t families and made huge success’s of them selves because they commit and work hard so don’t give me that sh*t that people can’t do it, if you got two arms and two legs you can if you actually work and commit to it they can achieve what ever they want in this country it’s just most put it in the too hard basket and make excuses as to why not to.. stop talking sh*t mate your just making yourself look like an idiot
Well that says it all no compassion whatsoever. More hyperbole but I will play the game. Not everyone is born academics or with the physical attributes to perform labour intensive tasks. Others have great work ethic and try their backside off for the minimum wage 18.29 in cities where the medium house is 900000 circumstances may not allow them to move and grow they may have family commitments some might be now sleeping in cars with kids despite them working full time but thats ok because you have managed. Yep Phil I own my house mate but I don't forget where I'm from no silver spoon here but I know others don't enjoy the circumstances I do.

blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Post by blacklab99 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:58 pm

rb,
That's called "empathy" and something not possessed by many these days.
Unfortunately, some end up on the wrong side of the scale in today's fast paced economic times, just simply left to fall between the cracks.
Not sure if there will ever be a zero count of them, tis a sad fact of life.
The day you feel no empathy for those less fortunate, is really a sad day, but life goes on unfortunately......

I'm picking that the way this discussion is heading, it wont be to long before the big black padlock gets put on the thread !
It's getting a tad personal. Everyone has opinions, sometimes some don't see the other side...........
not much you can do about that, another fact of life me thinks..

Col

phil1818

Post by phil1818 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Dunno why iam wasting time arguing with a **** iam here to read and talk fishing not **** with a tool.. catch ya mate :down:

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:13 pm

blacklab99 wrote:rb,
That's called "empathy" and something not possessed by many these days.
Unfortunately, some end up on the wrong side of the scale in today's fast paced economic times, just simply left to fall between the cracks.
Not sure if there will ever be a zero count of them, tis a sad fact of life.
The day you feel no empathy for those less fortunate, is really a sad day, but life goes on unfortunately......

I'm picking that the way this discussion is heading, it wont be to long before the big black padlock gets put on the thread !
It's getting a tad personal. Everyone has opinions, sometimes some don't see the other side...........
not much you can do about that, another fact of life me thinks..

Col
No drama Blacklab/Col
I agree you said it much better than I could. Guess its a measure on what our society has become.
Hopefully the locks aren't placed but thats beyond me.
Wish all the best regardless of if they share my views or not.
Cheers

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:14 pm

phil1818 wrote:Dunno why iam wasting time arguing with a d*** iam here to read and talk fishing not sh*t with a tool.. catch ya mate :down:
Who's having an argument?

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 pm

rb85 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
rb85 wrote:
If your running at a loss your running at a loss going into debt to run at a loss?? For a small tax benefit?
Think over inflated property price and high rents to sustain the investment boom would be more of a contribution to homelessness.
i run at a 2000 loss over the year but get it back at tax time dure to negative gearing the benifite is the property is going up but 20 grand a year in property value so even if i couldnt negative gear tenically im still beter off by 16k a year in gross profit when selling.
Congratualations on where your at truely wish you all the best.
Alternatively to investing in a house in Melbourne if an individual used compounding to grow their wealth without borrowing how would the returns compare?
What do you mean?
How to biuld wealth with property with out borrowing money?
The congratulations was genuine wish everyone here all the best.
Investing in not necessarily property but without borrowing money using compounding to grow your wealth investing in good companies some who invest in property but without having to go into debt to do so.
I wasnt douting your sincerity

I want sure what you were meaning about investing.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”