What would you do to become debt free?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: What would you do to become debt free?

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 am

With the current interest rates, you should be able to narrow that margin down even more..
Halving the mortgage is a great start already..

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:29 pm

It’s a nice feeling having no debt and Purple is right at rates they are now it’s a great opportunity to chip away even more.

BUT it’s only one part of the puzzle making sure there’s enough for the future and working towards early retirement or allowing more time to pursue your passions is the next step for me anyway.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:37 pm

Having a home loan debt isn't necessarily a bad thing nor is having multiple mortgages for investment properties isn't bad either if your savvy with negative gearing and the such.

Of course owning everything outright is the dream but that isn't feasible in like 99% of scenarios

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:10 pm

No it's not easy at all Kimtown os feasible for all. Still the less interest someone has to pay over 30 years on their home the more they will have for themselves. Believe me once repayments are gone you have the ability to save rapidly. One shoe doesn't fit all though and the work doesn't stop once things are paid for.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm

The way I see it.
You only live once. So enjoy what you like to a reasonable extent while also making sure the family is not on the streets..

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:37 pm
Having a home loan debt isn't necessarily a bad thing nor is having multiple mortgages for investment properties isn't bad either if your savvy with negative gearing and the such.

Of course owning everything outright is the dream but that isn't feasible in like 99% of scenarios
There is good debt and bad debt. Everyone needs somewhere to live so if your paying off your own home then it's good debt, bad debt is getting a car loan or even worse a boat. I can't understand the logic of many people who are not on high incomes yet invest in property and negative gear!!!
There are plenty of properties which even in this time of low interest rates where positive geared is still an option and also much safer in the long run.
You just have to do your research but it is not for everybody especially if you are looking to reduce tax.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:46 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm
The way I see it.
You only live once. So enjoy what you like to a reasonable extent while also making sure the family is not on the streets..
Balance P5 and your right you only live once. But does the YOLO mindset applies consistently for some yet they are treading water or even worse going under.
Boonanza wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm
Kimtown wrote:

There is good debt and bad debt. Everyone needs somewhere to live so if your paying off your own home then it's good debt, bad debt is getting a car loan or even worse a boat. I can't understand the logic of many people who are not on high incomes yet invest in property and negative gear!!!
There are plenty of properties which even in this time of low interest rates where positive geared is still an option and also much safer in the long run.
You just have to do your research but it is not for everybody especially if you are looking to reduce tax.
Negative compounding vs positive compounding two different mindsets.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:55 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 am
With the current interest rates, you should be able to narrow that margin down even more..
Current interest rates suck fo retired people like my dad....
Get f all interest on cash in the bank.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

rb85

Post by rb85 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:00 pm

bowl wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:55 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:46 am
Current interest rates suck fo retired people like my dad....
Get f all interest on cash in the bank.
I know how he feels except i'm not retired.

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:14 pm

rb85 wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:46 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:29 pm
The way I see it.
Balance P5 and your right you only live once. But does the YOLO mindset applies consistently for some yet they are treading water or even worse going under.
Boonanza wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:37 pm
Kimtown wrote:

Negative compounding vs positive compounding two different mindsets.
Absolutely they are completely different it is like choose your own adventure
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”