Isnt this crap.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Re: Isnt this crap.

Post by Texas » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:32 pm

Don't do as I have done, if you want to keep a job.
I had a great working relationship with a Lord Mayor and that protected me.
The person has since resigned , so I'm on my own
At 64, it might be time for a change, but I'd have to buy one
In this day and age, you should bite your lip a lot, until your entrenched
When a solar flare wipes out all computers, there will be plenty of jobs for everyone.
Back to hard Labour for you youngens

May your God &/or the Force be with you
Gra

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:06 pm

Hey Smile - Hope you don't take all these constructive advice the hard way - these are all valid point from my observations of your posts recently.

Look at it positively, your situation is an envious of many out there doing it much much harder. You still have a sizable asset to back you up. This is a perfect time to take stock of what you have and how to best maneuver you and your family out of the predicament.

From the gist of your recent post, first and foremost be discussing with the other half about moving into the rental property (if rental contract is near the end) and put your house currently being occupied onto the market - discussion with your wife coz both of you have to be strong and looking at the same path (also they usually win in the end anyway :-D )

Why i suggested to sell your current occupied house you may ask? - simple - think of the saving in the CGT you will have to pay if you off load your investment house now. There's another 40k-50K bonus for you from memory. Your investment property still have CGT attached to it if you sell it in the future but the longer you live in it the less the percentage of the gain which will be liable to be paid CGT on it. The proportion of CGT will be the number of years it was rented out over your ownership period. Do go and see you accountant as the legislations may have changed since i last remembered it (Scott Henning where are you??)

Alternatively, as you have mentioned, you have enough funds left after off loading the two houses to make a sea change - I will be serioulsy think about this option if you both are fair dinkum about the move - you will definitely be debt free once the dust settled.

As many other have commented, it is also time for you and your family to serioulsy tighten up the belt. If it's not used in the last 6 months then get rid of it. If won't be needing it in the next 6 months - don't buy it. Boil the kettle and sit down with your wife and thrash everything out in the open - both of you need to be on the same page going forward.

Best of luck to both of you in working throught the situation.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:23 pm

Texas wrote:Plenty of contract harvesters need equipment and truck drivers.
Of course this is seasonal, they are willing to train right people
Made good money on the pea viners 40 years ago
Cheers Gra
Thats what i was thinking.
Getting my mr or hr licence

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:16 pm

No! , go for Heavy combination if your eligible, retraining thru Centrelink.
Its been a while, but go for what the higher grade that is available.
I got car license at Ivanhoe.
Semi License at Carlton.
Heavy combination license at Ivanhoe, container & trailer container trimmed all the trees where Ivanhoe testing was.
Tester said "**** off look at the carnage you have done" got my endorsement and never went back.
Now hold "B" double thru retraining, which I'll never use but?
Last edited by baitworms on Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sinsemilla

Post by Sinsemilla » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:19 pm

ducky wrote:Any time like this is a time for reflection and change. What I’m reading here is a huge sense of entitlement. If that attitude follows you through your work life I can see why an employer would move you on.

I’d reflect on what’s occurred and see if anything was in your power to change. Then change it moving forward.

The following is general advice. Not aimed directly at you.

Sense of entitlement. Poor work ethic. No accountability. Lack of trust. All of these are reasons you can put your employer offside. 1 poor conversation or bad body language can ruin your career with a business especially when starting out. You need to be acutely aware of that at all times. It’s those who can’t that tend to bounce from casual job to casual job.

You can have all the experience in the world but if you have flawed personality trait you refuse to take feedback on or work on your managers will allow others to get ahead of you or move you on for someone else. It’s simple but many people believe that they are irreplaceable. Everyone can be replaced...
I've never read such truth on this site before. Well said ducky.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:27 pm

baitworms wrote:No! , go for Heavy combination if your eligible, retraining thru Centrelink.
Its been a while, but go for what the higher grade that is available.
I got car license at Ivanhoe.
Semi License at Carlton.
Heavy combination license at Ivanhoe, container & trailer container trimmed all the trees where Ivanhoe testing was.
Tester said "p1ss off look at the carnage you have done" got my endorsement and never went back.
Now hold "B" double thru retraining, which I'll never use but?
I belive you need a hr licence for a year before you can go for a hc.

baitworms

Post by baitworms » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:36 pm

Well experience is part of Learning.
which I endorse, but at my age I'm not up on what is required.
Even Hr is training for the future, an now Insurance companies demand.

feralhunter

Post by feralhunter » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:43 pm

Fmd things have changed.First home buyers grant,baby bonus,paid male maternity leave blah blah.Everybody wants a free kick.Welcome to the real world.Only certainties in life are death and taxes.Play on.

ante552

Post by ante552 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:53 pm

You got a truck licence??

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:06 pm

Are you interested in learning a new trade [SMILE] I taught 2 of my brothers a trade in less than 6 months.Twenty years later i think they know the trade better than me.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”