THE SAINTS

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Re: THE SAINTS

Post by Boonanza » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:09 pm

Go Tigers :banana:
Attachments
18838908_1493829863990232_7132913383131958118_n.jpg
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:21 pm

Boonanza wrote:Go Tigers :banana:
Sorry, they missed out on the world cup

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Nathan Freeman in

Etihad gonna be LIT af Saturday night.... :a_goodjob:

LETS GOOOOO!!!!

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Nightwish wrote:
cobby wrote:20 consecutive year Richmond member here! Was there when the MCG scoreboard caught fire. was running down Swan street bagging blues supporters in 01. Was there when frawley was spat on. Was there when we were the worst team since Fitzroy in 2010. Was there when we lost an elimination final to Chris Judd. Was there when we won the flag.

And funny everyone calls bandwagon, Richmond membership numbers have grown year on year since 1992, only dropping from previous years in 2000, 2003, 2010. The % of increase since last year's numbers are on par with the likes of Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn after they won flags. Membership numbers are so high now across all clubs due to greater diversity in membership offerings and ease of phone and online payments for those in the country areas and interstate. Hell atleast we don't say we've got over 80k memberships when really we've only got under 60k like Adelaide do every year
Every club has their rusted on members like yourself Cobby and Boonanza and l am also the same for the saints,l have been a consecutive member for over 20 years, l was there when the lights went out at waverly,when Robert Harvey played his last home game against Essendon and we smashed them by over 100 points which got us into the top 4,1997,2009,both 2010 grandfinals actually all finals except a semi against magpies in 2008 and interstate finals and it's not a cheap process travelling from the country for each home game.
l just think if everyone parted with their cash and became members instead of just saying they barrack for a club and as we know to support your club they need our money,barracking contributes nothing to a club then all clubs would be in a better situation including the Saints.
lt is easy to say we support our clubs but how many truly support their particular club through thick and thin and unfortunately l have seen too much of the crap and can't wait to see the ultimate and there is no guarantee that it will happen.
So to the true supporters you deserve to enjoy the spoils of a premiership and hopefully the people that have just jumped on stay on board as well.

Was there when frawley was spat on

That wasn't your clubs finest moment but l'm sure every club have some people who don't do the right thing, l thought he did a great job getting you to the prelim in 2001 considering all the injuries you had at the time.
:cheers:
Well said mate

You're my new favourite forum member.

I was too young in 97 to go, but my dad and uncle went. 09+10 I preferred to stay and watch at home at a party with family and friends. And I'm glad I did at this point because I needed copious amounts of grog to hide the pain after the result. But I attended the rest of them milestone games as well as riewoldts last game, milnes 11.0, nathan burkes farewell and basically any other memorable saint game in recent history.

I've only been a member for ongoing 5 years but was a spider junior member as a kid. Got my missus signed up for the last 3. We are level 3 aisle 37 reserved seat members which have cost me over $800 each year for the last few

I'm as passionate fan as you will find. Which is also a very negative quality if you ask any of my family or friends. Some select language is used each game

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:15 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Nightwish wrote:
cobby wrote:20 consecutive year Richmond member here! Was there when the MCG scoreboard caught fire. was running down Swan street bagging blues supporters in 01. Was there when frawley was spat on. Was there when we were the worst team since Fitzroy in 2010. Was there when we lost an elimination final to Chris Judd. Was there when we won the flag.

And funny everyone calls bandwagon, Richmond membership numbers have grown year on year since 1992, only dropping from previous years in 2000, 2003, 2010. The % of increase since last year's numbers are on par with the likes of Collingwood, Geelong and Hawthorn after they won flags. Membership numbers are so high now across all clubs due to greater diversity in membership offerings and ease of phone and online payments for those in the country areas and interstate. Hell atleast we don't say we've got over 80k memberships when really we've only got under 60k like Adelaide do every year
Every club has their rusted on members like yourself Cobby and Boonanza and l am also the same for the saints,l have been a consecutive member for over 20 years, l was there when the lights went out at waverly,when Robert Harvey played his last home game against Essendon and we smashed them by over 100 points which got us into the top 4,1997,2009,both 2010 grandfinals actually all finals except a semi against magpies in 2008 and interstate finals and it's not a cheap process travelling from the country for each home game.
l just think if everyone parted with their cash and became members instead of just saying they barrack for a club and as we know to support your club they need our money,barracking contributes nothing to a club then all clubs would be in a better situation including the Saints.
lt is easy to say we support our clubs but how many truly support their particular club through thick and thin and unfortunately l have seen too much of the crap and can't wait to see the ultimate and there is no guarantee that it will happen.
So to the true supporters you deserve to enjoy the spoils of a premiership and hopefully the people that have just jumped on stay on board as well.

That wasn't your clubs finest moment but l'm sure every club have some people who don't do the right thing, l thought he did a great job getting you to the prelim in 2001 considering all the injuries you had at the time.
Well said mate

I was too young in 97 to go, but my dad and uncle went. 09+10 I preferred to stay and watch at home at a party with family and friends. And I'm glad I did at this point because I needed copious amounts of grog to hide the pain after the result. But I attended the rest of them milestone games as well as riewoldts last game, milnes 11.0, nathan burkes farewell and basically any other memorable saint game in recent history.

I've only been a member for ongoing 5 years but was a spider junior member as a kid. Got my missus signed up for the last 3. We are level 3 aisle 37 reserved seat members which have cost me over $800 each year for the last few

I'm as passionate fan as you will find. Which is also a very negative quality if you ask any of my family or friends. Some select language is used each game
Select language is all? I still feel guilty and slightly embarrassed walking straight out after accidentally on purpose putting my skinny fist through a seat in q4 at the G in the latter part of a loss to Freemantle during the 2014 season...

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:38 pm

cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Nightwish wrote:

Well said mate

Select language is all? I still feel guilty and slightly embarrassed walking straight out after accidentally on purpose putting my skinny fist through a seat in q4 at the G in the latter part of a loss to Freemantle during the 2014 season...
Oh I destroy **** at home

Numerous holes in the plaster :rofl:

I'm a little more reserved out in public though :tongue:

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:06 am

Kimtown wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:06 pm
Stay woke, Melbourne
Stay woke again, Melbourne

Jasonfish1234