Snags on Friday..

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Snags on Friday..

Post by bowl » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:47 am

Yum,!!
FB_IMG_1533597097439.jpg

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Snags on Friday..

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:51 am

I love the smell you get as you walk in the store.
Is it at all Bunnings stores mate?

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 am

Ill certainly be supporting them,

Help OUR farmers first before sending money overseas

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:20 am

Is it un-australian of me to show little sympathy toward our farmers?

I mean, some chose their career paths, most had it handed to them on a silver platter, none of them are forced to continue doing what they are doing yet most ask for hand outs. I can guarantee almost every farmer is doing it better than the 60%+ of small business owners that go bankrupt.

Do not get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't deserve it, because they work as hard as anyone... but I'm getting a little over the sob stories being thrown in my face. Plenty of Australian industries are doing it tough, not just the farmers.

I'm gonna get ripped to shreds off everyone for my unpopular opinion but w/e.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Kimtown wrote:Is it un-australian of me to show little sympathy toward our farmers?

I mean, some chose their career paths, most had it handed to them on a silver platter, none of them are forced to continue doing what they are doing yet most ask for hand outs. I can guarantee almost every farmer is doing it better than the 60%+ of small business owners that go bankrupt.

Do not get me wrong, I'm not saying they don't deserve it, because they work as hard as anyone... but I'm getting a little over the sob stories being thrown in my face. Plenty of Australian industries are doing it tough, not just the farmers.

Thought you were going to say you didn't like Bunnings Sausages for a second....think the public is getting a bit of disaster fatigue at the moment (earthquake, drought, cold war, global warming, volcanos, terrorist bombings, refugees, Trump)
Feel for the farmers, but when they have a good year the local car dealers do well

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:56 pm

Kimtown wrote:Is it un-australian of me to show little sympathy toward our farmers?

No not at all you are entitled to your opinion or to find out a lot of the facts before deciding if you wish to jump on board and support the farmers.

Been hearing a bit about the $6 billion farm deposit management scheme, banking records stating a lot of farmers are ahead on their loans and some farmers going against media reports stating their beasts are not starving or being shot.

Haven’t had the time to read up on the entire situation but I do sympathise with anyone doing it tough. The sausage sizzle, Parma for farmer etc are nice gestures if people feel like they wish to help.

Josho

Post by Josho » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:40 pm

Not unAustralian just ignorant.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:45 pm

Josho wrote:

That's cool you're allowed to think that. I'd love some explaining as to why though?

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:10 pm

https://www.theage.com.au/business/smal ... 4zvqg.html

Some farmers have turned to crowd funding to pay for feed etc. If a company or business needs to raise capital they offer ownership of part of the company or a share.

Don’t know if crowdfunding is like that or not. There seems to be a bigger problem than it hasn’t rained.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2018-0 ... t/10078840

Boonanza
Has liked: 270 times

Post by Boonanza » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:32 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Josho wrote:

That's cool you're allowed to think that. I'd love some explaining as to why though?
If you have to ask if it's unastralian then you have already answered your own question so you are probably just attention seeking. But this comment here is a disgrace (I mean, some chose their career paths, most had it handed to them on a silver platter) maybe keep your opinions to yourself if you don't want to donate or buy a snag that is up to you but just being an a******* proves the character of a person when someone needs a hand.
A smart person knows what to say. A wise person knows whether to say it.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”