Snags on Friday..

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Snags on Friday..

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:05 pm

Kimtown wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
bowl wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Today I learnt a few things. I'm ignorant, an attention seeker and an a*******.

:)

I should have prefaced by stating I feel sorry for farmers that bought into the industry and put their hard earned up front and luck was against them after all the blood, sweat and tears (much like all the small business owners who fail) But that's 1 in 10. Majority of farmers are born into their profession and sit on a ******* gold mine, yet still believe they are doing it harder than every other australian out there. It seems it's okay for a farmer to ask for handouts but a bloke who goes bankrupt and turns to centrelink is looked down upon...?
U have small business go broke kimtown?
Nah mate lol but I do know people who have. They worked their tits off, put it all on the line and lost it all. The certainly didnt feel the need to start a gofundme and after being donated a seriously generous amount complained that a portion was to go to the ATO

It's seriously lulsy how self entitled "some" farmers "can" be
Got the balls to stand on a box in Warrigal and repeat that !
I'll drive ya up there personally ! I'm picking you wouldnt make it out of town in one piece.
That's the only issue I have with your posts
Have an opinion Kimtown, you've obviously got issues with farmers, or your "sense of entitlement"
Just don't be a damn Di@k head about people in dire straights, seriously.

Col
I honestly don't know what you're asking me to do but uou need to get a grip and relax mate lol, seriously.

Don't take it so personally not everyone on the internet shares the same views as you. Like I've said all along, it's just my opinion and I'm only having a discussion.
Alls good Kimtown, in "perfect grip " of myself.
I get pleasure in calling out Bulls@hiters like yourself.
Rb, had similar beliefs, for want of a better word, and maturely debated the worths, but you attacked farmers as being some type of bludgers that don't deserve a hand up when in need or were some how "entitled" that's my only beef.
Have an opinion, but don't Bulls@hit ! or attack those in need.
Or go to a country pub and spill your beliefs and see how long your standing, Empathy is a good trait to have, whether you agree with those being helped or not.
You come across as an absolute tool Kimtown.

lets get back to fishing !!!

Col

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:08 pm

blacklab99 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
blacklab99 wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
bowl wrote: U have small business go broke kimtown?
Nah mate lol but I do know people who have. They worked their tits off, put it all on the line and lost it all. The certainly didnt feel the need to start a gofundme and after being donated a seriously generous amount complained that a portion was to go to the ATO

It's seriously lulsy how self entitled "some" farmers "can" be
Got the balls to stand on a box in Warrigal and repeat that !
I'll drive ya up there personally ! I'm picking you wouldnt make it out of town in one piece.
That's the only issue I have with your posts
Have an opinion Kimtown, you've obviously got issues with farmers, or your "sense of entitlement"
Just don't be a damn Di@k head about people in dire straights, seriously.

Col
I honestly don't know what you're asking me to do but uou need to get a grip and relax mate lol, seriously.

Don't take it so personally not everyone on the internet shares the same views as you. Like I've said all along, it's just my opinion and I'm only having a discussion.
Alls good Kimtown, in "perfect grip " of myself.
I get pleasure in calling out Bulls@hiters like yourself.
Rb, had similar beliefs, for want of a better word, and maturely debated the worths, but you attacked farmers as being some type of bludgers that don't deserve a hand up when in need or were some how "entitled" that's my only beef.
Have an opinion, but don't Bulls@hit ! or attack those in need.
Or go to a country pub and spill your beliefs and see how long your standing, Empathy is a good trait to have, whether you agree with those being helped or not.
You come across as an absolute tool Kimtown.

lets get back to fishing !!!

Col
Thanks mate, that's precisely what I said, you took every word I said in complete context. It was an absolute pleasure having a mature discussion with you. Enjoy your snag

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:13 pm

Kimtown wrote:
cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
Kimtown wrote: I'll get to this big bastard of a post after dinner lol

Edit: they aren't really facts. At least not true facts anyway. As far as I'm aware, farms can well and truly be handed down, I work with a bloke who inherited 200 acres of farm land... if you are sold farm land for the price of $0 off your parents, all you would have to pay for is the stamp duty of what the farmland is worth and the title goes in your name.

I'd like to see some figures on what's bought and what's been passed on through generations. I Googled but found it hard to find anything concrete. I know in my region, every farmer i know had it through family lines. Obviously that isnt the case for everywhere but it's just a small sample size.
What is your agenda? Why keep commenting on this thread that is about good will and turning it into a sh*t fight FFS :down:
Just giving my (unpopular) opinion... that is what we do here, right? :( You were the the one who resorted to name calling because you disagreed with my opinion..

I'll grab a snag Friday. It's nice that a portion of that is going to our farmers but I'll be honest with myself, I'm mostly getting that sausage because they are yummy yummy in my tummy.

I'd prefer it be donated to the Salvos, cancer research or the thousand other more deserving industries but it is what it is.
Well without agriculture and in essence agricultural land you wouldn't have a snag, or the bread that snag will sit in. So without the snag or the bread, how will you buy a bunnings snag to donate to cancer research etc?
I'll take a tofu dog in paleo dough

Cheers
You'd need soya beans for the tofu and no doubt some sort of naturally derived flour type substance for the paleo dough. It's the chicken or the egg arguement

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:23 pm

cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:
What is your agenda? Why keep commenting on this thread that is about good will and turning it into a sh*t fight FFS :down:
Just giving my (unpopular) opinion... that is what we do here, right? :( You were the the one who resorted to name calling because you disagreed with my opinion..

I'll grab a snag Friday. It's nice that a portion of that is going to our farmers but I'll be honest with myself, I'm mostly getting that sausage because they are yummy yummy in my tummy.

I'd prefer it be donated to the Salvos, cancer research or the thousand other more deserving industries but it is what it is.
Well without agriculture and in essence agricultural land you wouldn't have a snag, or the bread that snag will sit in. So without the snag or the bread, how will you buy a bunnings snag to donate to cancer research etc?
I'll take a tofu dog in paleo dough

Cheers
You'd need soya beans for the tofu and no doubt some sort of naturally derived flour type substance for the paleo dough. It's the chicken or the egg arguement
lmported produce only.

I'm anti Australia produce... you know, since I hate farmers so much ... as I've said all along.....

*rolls eyes*

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:09 am

blacklab99 wrote:
4liters wrote:
cobby wrote:
Kimtown wrote:
Boonanza wrote:

They can grow that sh*t in a test tube these days.

Referring to an earlier post, last I looked agriculture contributes about 3% to the national economy. Not enough that it’d be a disaster if the more marginal areas were abandoned I’d wager. Shithouse for the people with skin in the game though maybe it’d be a kindness compared to the slow death many country towns are suffering.

The real driver of the economy is the services sectors in the cities.
Correct about 3 % of gdp
But if you would have scrolled down on google you would have read,
That they supply 93% of Australia's domestic food, pretty important me thinks.......
Agriculture overall, is 15% of gdp with over 400 thousand employed.

Col
Which is all correct but I have a hard time believing that much of that is contributed by marginal dirt farms on the edge of the desert and is mostly coming from the irrigated parts of the MDB and the high rainfall areas along the coasts.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:14 am

If it werent for the farmers here. We would all be paying a fair bit for our food here. Much like our fishing tackle prices..

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:31 am

purple5ive wrote:If it werent for the farmers here. We would all be paying a fair bit for our food here. Much like our fishing tackle prices..
Not exactly true...the Chinese economy is growing, they want quality Australian produce & are willing to pay for it....unfortunately this demand is driving up prices and that's why the majority of us are eating lower quality imported foods (if you want quality Australian produce, you have to pay top dollar for it) Farming is no different from any other business, it just has more of an emotional connection with Australians as we identify it with our culture.
The world is changing and it's not just the climate. Australian attitudes towards farming need to change too. No point putting water in a bucket that has holes in it, it's time to get a new bucket.

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:39 am

Mattblack wrote:
purple5ive wrote:If it werent for the farmers here. We would all be paying a fair bit for our food here. Much like our fishing tackle prices..
Not exactly true...the Chinese economy is growing, they want quality Australian produce & are willing to pay for it....unfortunately this demand is driving up prices and that's why the majority of us are eating lower quality imported foods (if you want quality Australian produce, you have to pay top dollar for it) Farming is no different from any other business, it just has more of an emotional connection with Australians as we identify it with our culture.
The world is changing and it's not just the climate. Australian attitudes towards farming need to change too. No point putting water in a bucket that has holes in it, it's time to get a new bucket.
It's too bad your a fan of four n twenty...

I reckon we'd get along alright :rofl:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:46 am

Mattblack wrote:
This is similar to my line of thought. If we’re so concerned about keeping farms going why are we allowing our very best farmland to be dug up and turned into housing estate while keeping comparatively unproductive farmers on a drip feed of drought assistance? It’d be more useful to either buy the land off them completely or give them a grant or interest free loan to build better irrigation infrastructure or sink some bores so they are more resilient in the future.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 am

4liters wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
This is similar to my line of thought. If we’re so concerned about keeping farms going why are we allowing our very best farmland to be dug up and turned into housing estate while keeping comparatively unproductive farmers on a drip feed of drought assistance? It’d be more useful to either buy the land off them completely or give them a grant or interest free loan to build better irrigation infrastructure or sink some bores so they are more resilient in the future.
Majority of the outskirts of my home town which was prime dairy farm country has been sold to developers over the years. Warragul to Drouin is close to connected residentually and it wont be long until pakenham through to warragul is the same. Look at officer lol 15 years ago that was basically all dairy farms.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”