Daughter's car

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Daughter's car

Post by dazz999 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:22 pm

nah mate dont touch these renauts,vw and volvos once they get the km,s on them transmission,s **** themselfes and cost big bucks we use a place called pringles they seem well priced for changeover transmissions

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:29 pm

dazz999 wrote:nah mate dont touch these renauts,vw and volvos once they get the km,s on them transmission,s sh*t themselfes and cost big bucks we use a place called pringles they seem well priced for changeover transmissions
I think 135,000 kms is not a lot
Am I just living in the past ??

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:55 pm

135000 not a lot
A guy at my work has a rav4 has done over 300000 and still drives it to work
Jap cars are the best in my opinion

Fishnhook

Post by Fishnhook » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:04 pm

Bayrock wrote:My dad always told me, never buy a car from France or Italy. The Japs build good cars, the Americans not so much anymore, and from personal experience I stay away from Ford. I've had 2 Mazda's and they have been the best for me so far. My boss's Porsche just needed $15k worth of work too so the old saying you get what you pay for does not seem to apply anymore either.
You are not wrong there can’t beat japanese made cars for reliability.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:09 pm

What went wrong with it exactly?
Could argue that it wasn't built for purposes Intended therefore they should fix it
And a transmission should last.more then 6 years

Fishnhook

Post by Fishnhook » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Another thing some of these car companies say when you service you car is that your transmission or differential dont need oil change in them because they run oils that last life time that is another load of bull make sure you have them change no such thing as oil that lasts a lifetime.

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Fishnhook wrote:Another thing some of these car companies say when you service you car is that your transmission or differential dont need oil change in them because they run oils that last life time that is another load of b******* make sure you have them change no such thing as oil that lasts a lifetime.
easy just follow your service manual

dazz999

Post by dazz999 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:00 pm

Texas wrote:
dazz999 wrote:nah mate dont touch these renauts,vw and volvos once they get the km,s on them transmission,s sh*t themselfes and cost big bucks we use a place called pringles they seem well priced for changeover transmissions
I think 135,000 kms is not a lot
Am I just living in the past ??
look at the auctions why people are trading these types of cars once warranty runs out or poor service history (no help from manufacture)engine or transmission light comes on your got big bucks to spend alot of people will have the light remove with a scan tool one way or another and trade the car in (no warning lights on ) within a short period the light reappear on the instrament cluster bang big bucks to spend to properly repair the problem i work with used cars 5 days a week and fish 2 days a week

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:12 am

The early nissan CVTs did have issues but the T31 ie 2012 CVT is very reliable. Overseas nissan offers 120,000 miles warranty

You should have no issues getting a good second hand one from a wrecker.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:16 pm

This is a clone/rebadged nissan xtrail, nissan driveline and suspension. Renault built the body which apart from looks is basically identical chassi to nissan.
DCT?
DCT used in VW, Audi and many other euro cars are a 6k ish to rebuild and lucky to last 150k.

They shouldn't cost that much to rebuild the problem is the equipment needed to rebuild them is still very expensive.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”