Being friendly to animals

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Re: Being friendly to animals

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:43 pm

Queasy wrote:While trout fishing the creek at the back of our farm once I saw an echidna approaching, so I stayed dead still to observe it. Low and behold it hobbled right up to me and began licking me Blundstones. Kinda reminded me of an ad that was screening a few years earlier...
Great story. Isn't it amazing what animals do , , , , and you lucky Queasy, you have a resident Echidna

Cheers, Bugatti

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:22 pm

I went for a quick flick one night at a beach near mordialoc and to my surprise there was a pack of Fox growling at me from behind the Bush. There must be atleast 8 of them, few Cubs and the big ones all together. I ran so fast my flip flops broke off, wasn't a very pleasant experience at all. Lucky they didnt chase :o_0:

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jan 27, 2019 11:46 pm

Kenle wrote:I went for a quick flick one night at a beach near mordialoc and to my surprise there was a pack of Fox growling at me from behind the Bush. There must be atleast 8 of them, few Cubs and the big ones all together. I ran so fast my flip flops broke off, wasn't a very pleasant experience at all. Lucky they didnt chase :o_0:
Wow a pack of foxes, I would have dropped a few more things than just my flip flops, and in need of laundry when I got home. They might have been trying to protect their young. Or their fishing spot. Yeaah, lucky

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:21 am

Had a few seagull to untangle from lines over the years

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:35 am

I once rescued a little orphaned joey on my way to go fishing with a mate on the coast.
It ended up as a permanent resident at Barwon Heads Jirrahlinga Wildlife santuary. I got to name it, was a female so I named it after the dirt road I found it on, Victoria.
When I saw it I stopped and as I went towards it with a windcheater to put it in, as I opened it, the joey on its own went straight into the opening like it was getting into a pouch and curled up.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:19 am

smile0784 wrote:Had a few seagull to untangle from lines over the years
Well done. I think all of us who have helped Seagulls should be able to "cash" in on the good will earned and have our own Airforce of Seagulls that can ploop on cars for us at our will LOL
Brownie wrote:I once rescued a little orphaned joey on my way to go fishing with a mate on the coast.
It ended up as a permanent resident at Barwon Heads Jirrahlinga Wildlife santuary. I got to name it, was a female so I named it after the dirt road I found it on, Victoria.
When I saw it I stopped and as I went towards it with a windcheater to put it in, as I opened it, the joey on its own went straight into the opening like it was getting into a pouch and curled up.
That is truly a heart warming story. Isn't it amazing that most animals when being "rescued" seem to know that is what we are doing for them and not intending harm to them.

Hope Victoria is doing Well , , , , because of you Brownie.

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:15 am

Bugatti wrote:
Well done. I think all of us who have helped Seagulls should be able to "cash" in on the good will earned and have our own Airforce of Seagulls that can ploop on cars for us at our will LOL
Brownie wrote:I once rescued a little orphaned joey on my way to go fishing with a mate on the coast.
That is truly a heart warming story. Isn't it amazing that most animals when being "rescued" seem to know that is what we are doing for them and not intending harm to them.

Yeah mate I think most do actually. Reckon she'd be well gone now though mate, that was about 22 years ago, they say they live up to 20 max in captivity. I rang up a couple of years later after I took it there and they still had it and she was doing well. Funny, kind of, because years before that we used to shoot them to feed the dogs.

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:21 pm

Bugatti wrote:

Except for when you put a fish in a bucket, or a knife thrpugh its head. Just sayin

deathray
Has liked: 8 times

Post by deathray » Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:43 pm

j_pap wrote:Except for when you put a fish in a bucket, or a knife thrpugh its head. Just sayin
Very interesting paradox you raise. A while ago I was quite chuffed about catching a seagull and removing a rig from around its neck....before getting back to business and sticking a big hook in the back of a live baitfish.

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:26 pm

deathray wrote:
j_pap wrote:Except for when you put a fish in a bucket, or a knife thrpugh its head. Just sayin
Very interesting paradox you raise. A while ago I was quite chuffed about catching a seagull and removing a rig from around its neck....before getting back to business and sticking a big hook in the back of a live baitfish.
It is interesting. A lot of people see fish entirely different to how they do other living creatures, apart from the obvious, water. I know several people who hate the idea of humans killing another living being to eat, who will happily eat fish or prawns. I can ask them why they dont eat red meat or chicken and they say because it's cruel. :-D

Return to “Off Topic Forum”