Not having permission to read something.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Not having permission to read something.

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:16 pm

purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:Think it's easier to work for a living than try and flog off random products with a logo from a team of handpicked members no selection criteria no try outs so long as your from Western Melb mates with Phil and can provide a boat your in.
Wished Born2fish all the best when he started his "business" but I personally find the promotional posts a bit tedious.
That's not true.

Let me start by saying that I am.not biased as I'm not affiliated with teamborn2fish for quite a while now for personal reasons. Not going to answer PMs regarding this so dont ask. But the gist of it is, it's not what I wanted to do. and everything got a bit too business orientated for me personally.

Everyone who is/was on the team has known phil for quite a while and fished together for a while too. Hence he asked all of them if they wanted to be part of the team as pro anglers and contribute to the site in terms of reports and such.
There was no criteria. You didnt have to own a boat and didnt have to live in the western suburbs. Those that were asked were the ones that was always fishing with him.

The spelling mistakes were mentioned to phil even before he started up the website. Looks like he never listened to what anyone has had to say about it. And believe me we mentioned it to him countless times..

With the whole advertising bit on here. I have no idea what he and John had going so I'll just leave it at that.

He is a genuinely nice guy but also likes to do things his way and his way only. That may or may not be a good thing for the business and everyone else involved...but that's up to him to work out...

Hope that has clarified a few things for everyone here.
Cheers
Whats not true mate seems like you reiterated my thoughts,

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 pm

It’s not the end of the world. The bloke can obviously catch a few fish and he is trying his hand at the saturated market that is fishing apparel etc. I don’t understand it personally because there couldn’t be many people buying hoody’s and shirts made from images borrowed from google and put onto a shirt with wordart. But that’s just me. I’m certainly not his target market.

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:23 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Mattblack wrote:I was interested in discussing the merit of applying a scent to lure to attract an animal that supposedly cant smell.
:rofl:

Fwiw I think squid can smell... a lot better than what you may believe. But they smell through their tentacles, unlike a normal fish which smells through their mouths and filter through their gills. Whether or not the tentacles need to be touching the source of smell, or whether they can sense it through the water, I have no idea lol
**** i read that as testicles, had to double take haha

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:32 pm

ducky wrote:It’s not the end of the world. The bloke can obviously catch a few fish and he is trying his hand at the saturated market that is fishing apparel etc. I don’t understand it personally because there couldn’t be many people buying hoody’s and shirts made from images borrowed from google and put onto a shirt with wordart. But that’s just me. I’m certainly not his target market.
Yes the market is certainly a hard one to break through. And he needs to lift his game pronto if he wants to make it big imo.

But it's something he has wanted to do for a long time. So cudos to him for going out there and giving it a go.

The whole images on the shirt thing is not as easy as it sounds.
Lots of copyright procedures as soon as your a registered business. And you need minimum.order numbers. Deposits and quite a bit of paperwork involved.
And his shirts are not vinyled on . Its printed on the material just like the ones bcf. Daiwa shimano etc sell.
I am not his target market either. But I got the apparel to support him. Everyone here knows I'm.a big daiwa fanboy.
But yeah certainly not the end of the world..

j_pap

Post by j_pap » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:35 pm

purple5ive wrote:
ducky wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
ducky wrote:I couldn’t be happier about the way this thread has gone.
How you mean ducky
Every time I read a “team born2annoy has done it again” thread I died a little on the inside.
Lolll
Ever thought of jogging on And not bothering to slowly kill yourself on the inside by opening and reading the thread?
Haha “jog on” love it

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 pm

rb85 wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:Think it's easier to work for a living than try and flog off random products with a logo from a team of handpicked members no selection criteria no try outs so long as your from Western Melb mates with Phil and can provide a boat your in.
Wished Born2fish all the best when he started his "business" but I personally find the promotional posts a bit tedious.
That's not true.

Let me start by saying that I am.not biased as I'm not affiliated with teamborn2fish for quite a while now for personal reasons. Not going to answer PMs regarding this so dont ask. But the gist of it is, it's not what I wanted to do. and everything got a bit too business orientated for me personally.

Everyone who is/was on the team has known phil for quite a while and fished together for a while too. Hence he asked all of them if they wanted to be part of the team as pro anglers and contribute to the site in terms of reports and such.
There was no criteria. You didnt have to own a boat and didnt have to live in the western suburbs. Those that were asked were the ones that was always fishing with him.

The spelling mistakes were mentioned to phil even before he started up the website. Looks like he never listened to what anyone has had to say about it. And believe me we mentioned it to him countless times..

With the whole advertising bit on here. I have no idea what he and John had going so I'll just leave it at that.

He is a genuinely nice guy but also likes to do things his way and his way only. That may or may not be a good thing for the business and everyone else involved...but that's up to him to work out...

Hope that has clarified a few things for everyone here.
Cheers
Whats not true mate seems like you reiterated my thoughts,
Not everyone lives in the western suburbs
Not all own boats
Handpicked . Um well yeah maybe that

If i was in his shoes I would have asked my close fishing mates first too..

anyway I'm.not involved in it anymore so im not sure what the story is these days
Just thought I'd clear up some of the assumptions people are throwing around randomly.

Cheers

ducky
Has liked: 22 times

Post by ducky » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:04 pm

j_pap wrote:
purple5ive wrote:
ducky wrote:
smile0784 wrote:
ducky wrote:I couldn’t be happier about the way this thread has gone.
How you mean ducky
Every time I read a “team born2annoy has done it again” thread I died a little on the inside.
Lolll
Ever thought of jogging on And not bothering to slowly kill yourself on the inside by opening and reading the thread?
Haha “jog on” love it
Haha yeah that got a giggle out of me too

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:40 pm

2 from 2. Who woulda thunk it?

Kimtown you MUST have a name change to fishpro once you take delivery of the ski.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:59 am

It saddens me to see a fellow member go, hope it all works out for him. :(

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Born2fish wrote:I'm no longer gonna be a member on this site
fishingvic wrote:
I have emailed the member and asked if he agrees to abide by the site rules. I am happy for him to remain a member.

Just awaiting a response...
fishingvic wrote:....and he's gone
Just to confirm, this member requested his account to be deleted.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”