Not having permission to read something.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Re: Not having permission to read something.

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:41 pm

Kimtown wrote:Well this sucks...

Now that he's gone, anyone wanna join team Born2Kimtown?
What about B2fishpro

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:43 pm

:rofl: :rofl:

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:54 pm

B2breezer
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:56 pm

Classic example of topic getting hijacked. How did this become born2fish's thread?

Kimmy, can you catch fish? Tempt me. Lol

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:11 pm

....and he's gone
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:11 pm

Born2drinkcruisers

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:18 pm

fishingvic wrote:....and he's gone
Good by old friend.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:30 pm

fishingvic wrote:
Born2fish wrote:My post Was deleted by owners of this fourm for no reason after I have contributed so much to this fourm I think it's rude and a poor attitude from them I'm no longer gonna be a member on this site
You are making an uninformed assumption here Born2fish....

"The owners" did not delete your post at all. One of the moderators has done the right thing and moved the post to a hidden Moderators area of the site for review.
bowl wrote:Please explain would be nice if born2fish thread was deleted.
Please see above bowl
Born2fish wrote:I offered sponsership 3 times they never replied
This is untrue.
I have mentioned to you several times that there is strictly no unpaid advertising. This includes in signatures. Each time you have chosen to ignore these simple requests. You continue to post links to your Youtube channel which directly advertises your website.

I also explained it is not feasible for the site at the moment for the amount you wanted to contribute. We have had sponsors in the past who have all been disappointed with their ROI.

I have repeatedly asked kindly that you please refrain from advertising your products via forum posts.

This has not stopped...

Born2fish, Take some responsibility and stop blaming the mods and site owner!
fishingvic wrote:
smile0784 wrote:Sad day when we loose a member
Not when they continually attempt to twist, bend and manipulate the rules to their advantage to suit their own agenda.

I have emailed the member and asked if he agrees to abide by the site rules. I am happy for him to remain a member.

Just awaiting a response...

I'd like to start by saying.

To Fishing Victoria Forum Administrators, I commend you for the handling of this topic/issue. You guys/guy didn't have to be, but have, come out and were open and transparent on the issue of BorntoFish. Yes, granted to arrest the run away train that it was turning into due to a comment (and subsequent comments) made by BorntoFish and the subsequent speculation it caused, but spoke out non the less. There shouldn't be the need to "defend yourselves" or actions taken behind the scenes with a member but if misguided claims are being made openly on the forum and then accommodated by some and not taken as "his" side of the story, it was quite prudent of you to clear the air. So well done and hats off to you.

This is not sucking up but more giving credit where credit is due, and for the sometimes the unappreciated and criticised job that you and the Moderators do. Reading further into this post would better explain that.

bowl wrote:Please explain would be nice if born2fish thread was deleted.
bowl wrote:Cheers fishingvic....ta for info on subject..
Well done bowl , , , , that is the right attitude.

Secondly, well done to all the members that stood up for the real issues and spoke out positively. I'm glad to be part of a group that shows it has integrity and convictions. Nice to see. I was a member of a Forum previously where this type of environment did not exist but it was more a reign of tyranny. So, hence appreciate the environment here.

So again, Kudos to all of the above.

Now to you young man, BorntoFish, I take exception to being miss-informed, not sure why you felt the need to wrongfully derogate a Forum that has (as it seems) given you every opportunity to correct your breaches of the rules.

Also, BorntoFish, your efforts on this forum have given you an inflated notion of the courtesy you think you deserve. Members here, post on here of their own free will, as I do. Even a member who posts once a year "well done" to a post, is a contributor too and shouldn't have their efforts diminished. Also, non posting members are still valued as well, equally. The way I see it, you were given courtesy as a good contributor, hence "all" the opportunities given to you, as that courtesy, by the administrator, to correct some breaches of the rules.

I witnessed, in a previous Forum, a truly exceptional contributor who raised a valid concern. That member was treated atrociously and then when I spoke in support of that valid concern and that member, I was muzzled. There was not only no courtesy, there was no decency. So it is refreshing to see that there are Administrators on Forums (this one in this case), that are decent and show fair play and decorum. Also that there are members who are decent and speak out appropriately and with support, for the Administrator in this case but I also feel confidently, that the members here would do the same for any member if they felt the same.

I have been meaning/hoping to start a topic of "Recreational Fishing , , , , South Australia verses Victoria" which is to cover a wide range of topics/issues, from actual fishing, policies, locations, Fisheries management etc etc , , , , this post highlights a small part of it.

Thirdly, making a bias statement about not being accepted as a sponsor is unfair. State all the facts not just the ones that martyr you.

Lastly, BorntoFish, your "extra" courtesy still doesn't extend to breaking the rules of this Forum that we all have to abide by.
Take responsibility.
Simplzzzz.

BorntoFish, if you choose to stay or choose to move on, that is your choice, but I'm sure we all can move forward and put this behind us and enjoy this forum, including you.

Sorry Brownie, hope your , , , , "not being able to read that or some posts' , , , , has been sorted.

But apologies Brownie, please don't see this as any of us "Hijacking" your post (even by me, a first grader) but more of a case of a "right to rebuttal" on claims and statements made about "behind the scenes" matters and should have been kept that way but that individual used your topic to air it in a public manner.

April Fool wrote: Team Bender
Has no fkn hope of getting sponsorship!
I'll sponsor you :a_goodjob:

AND be part of Team Kimtown :banana:

Thanks for reading my opinion & thoughts , , , , and my 2 cents work (actually it was more like a buck & a quarter).

Cheers, Bugatti
Last edited by Bugatti on Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:32 pm

Kimtown wrote:Born2drinkcruisers
I'd like to order 2 sh!tty nek buffs and 1 vinail deekal plaese

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:37 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Kimtown wrote:Born2drinkcruisers
I'd like to order 2 sh!tty nek buffs and 1 vinail deekal plaese

Make that two :cheers:

Return to “Off Topic Forum”