The Australian Yowie

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Yowie..

Re: The Australian Yowie

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:19 pm

ango wrote:Hi Guys,
This reminds me of the time me and a couple of mates went on a mushie bender, we went 48 hours without sleep and one mate swears he was communicating telepathically with this pine tree, I don't remember much clearly but I think we saw a herd of Yowies that time.
Cheers
Ango
Was that about 15 years ago in toolangi? Infected mushroom bush rave? If so i know the tree haha

Yowie..

Post by Yowie.. » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:25 pm

This reminds me of the time me and a couple of mates went on a mushie bender, we went 48 hours without sleep and one mate swears he was communicating telepathically with this pine tree, I don't remember much clearly but I think we saw a herd of Yowies that time.
Cheers
Ango
This mate of yours does he go by the name of johno and was this about 15 years ago at a bush rave in toolangi state forest? Few of my mates also believed they could communicate to a tree..

Brownie

Post by Brownie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Reminds me of the movie Throwback.
images (1).jpg

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Cheers
Ango
This here is a front runner for rb85’s comment of the month award.

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:26 pm

yep there,s definitely thing,s out there we can explain my mate and he,s uncle,s allways fish lake eucumbene so me and him would go each year we would do the long drive up pitch the tent in the same place after about five year,s i night i decided to fish a nearby inlet it was about three in the morning when the hair,s on my neck and arm,s stood up like somebody was watching me so i did a quick head turn and it looked like a guy wearing old fishing clothes from early day,s anyway a couple of minutes later turned around to say hello all that was there was a tree stump thought that,s strange quickly packed up and went back to the tent and mentioned nothing to my mate after a little while he said are you okay i replyed yep and next thing he said was did you see him we never talked about it again .no drug,s were took and i never went back

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:55 pm

Im not a non-beliver, but not entirely sold either. Think there is more plausibility in more wild and dense places such as nth america, siberia etc. The evidence is always highly subjective and inconclusive, probably the most considerable is the yellowstone geyser footage. But in saying that - might as well share a (logically and illogically) inconclusive sighting/experience of something i came across in Healesville.

Was fishing the yarra, had head down in phone (enjoying all the usual bush sounds + waiting for bells to ring) and about 25m diagonally to my right across the river i heard an unnatural ruckus which distinctively sounded like the shaking of juvenile gums (eg 10-12ft new growth) - as in someone had one in each fist and was shaking them vigorously back and forth.

Caught my attention - look up and over to where it sounded like it was coming from and caught about 2 seconds of it visually - which was seeing the tops juvenile gums about 3 or so meters back from the ones on the frontline of the river edge shaking. Kept watching for about a minute, no further action.

Back to the phone, about 30s or so later it started again - looked back up and caught a clear but very short 2 second max glimpse of what looked like the shoulders and hunched back of something moving back into (from the exposed tree line) the scrub,followed by the continued tree shaking tops and sound moving away from the river edge.

It was clearly covered in hair of similar colour to an eastern grey (and funnily enough - matching the hair colour on the example on that yowie site), but i somewhat ruled that out as the look i got on the shoulders were incredibly broad (at least 3ft wide) and muscularly defined, nor did the curve and definition of the back match a kangaroo profile + the shoulders looked to sit at a height of 7-8ft high comparitively to the trees on the river front.

NFI what it was. Didnt see enough to definitively call it either way, but it was certainly was completely unique sequence of events and sightings ive never come across before or again. Take it for what you will!

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:52 pm

With all the go pros every one has nowadays surely they would have been spotted if they did actually exist. Same goes for the yeti, big foot, bunyip, abominable snowman etc etc etc.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Kimtown wrote:With all the go pros every one has nowadays surely they would have been spotted if they did actually exist. Same goes for the yeti, big foot, bunyip, abominable snowman etc etc etc.
Go pros are not high tech enough, only old VHS quality cameras are capable of filming them.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Cheers
Ango
:rofl:

Stumpjumper
Has liked: 19 times

Post by Stumpjumper » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:11 pm

Kimtown wrote:With all the go pros every one has nowadays surely they would have been spotted if they did actually exist. Same goes for the yeti, big foot, bunyip, abominable snowman etc etc etc.
Exactly right. I chase deer in some pretty remote country and every second tree has a game camera on it...not to mention the numerous hound crews that hunt and awful lot of public land in Victoria. And yet, nothing, nada, zip. Same goes for the panther, only blurry, shithouse and out of focus shots of feral/domestic moggies.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”