Electric 4WD?

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Electric 4WD?

Post by 4liters » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:19 am

frozenpod wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:09 am
Just back from overseas where the city I was in has 60% of public transport buses are 100% electric.

They went from zero to 60% in under 2 years.

Battery technology is already up to heavy duty applications.
Amazing what happens when people and governments get on with stuff rather than getting caught up in all the culture war bull we revel in here.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:38 am

It would appear ango has taken to the forum to campaign for the upcoming election.

Electric vehicle technology will improve and become more affordable in time no one is stopping us driving petrol fueled vehicles or destroying tradies utes.

Leave the political scare tactics for the herald sun next someone will start talking franking credits...

rb85

Post by rb85 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:43 am

This topic isn’t working as planned time to discuss negative gearing....

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:39 pm

Nightwish wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:17 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:47 pm
I looking forward to the electric vehicle revolution...and it's certainly coming.
Tesla is releasing a Roadster next year that will go 0-100 km/h in 1.9sec and have a range of 1000kms...I can only assume the big car companies have all sorts of surprises under wraps as well.
Never liked Harley's, but this one has sparked my interest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeBkakN8TKM
l am with you Mattblack,l can't stand Harley's but l suppose even they have to try and keep up with the times or become irrelevant.
:cheers:
The older I get & the more my reflexes diminish, I can finally see the appeal of a Harley. Maybe the electric ones are actually reliable as well :cheers:

Nightwish

Post by Nightwish » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:13 pm

You must be getting old if you can see some appeal in a Harley,don't go to the dark side once you cross you can't come back and it wouldn't be hard to be more reliable than the old ones
:cheers:

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:55 am

rb85 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:43 am
Not sure there is much point as even with ALP bad policies they are going to win the next election based on all predictions.

ALP franking credits is a bad policy and should not be introduced. It is fundamentally flawed and will not have the claimed effect. The rich who are being targeted can by pass it and the lower middle class who have some shares will pay extra tax they shouldn't be.

Negative gearing that is a 50/50, there are pros and cons and at thia time the cons out weigh the pros but not by much.

rb85

Post by rb85 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:47 am

frozenpod wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:55 am
rb85 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:43 am
Not sure there is much point as even with ALP bad policies they are going to win the next election based on all predictions.

ALP franking credits is a bad policy and should not be introduced. It is fundamentally flawed and will not have the claimed effect. The rich who are being targeted can by pass it and the lower middle class who have some shares will pay extra tax they shouldn't be.

Negative gearing that is a 50/50, there are pros and cons and at thia time the cons out weigh the pros but not by much.
Politics are bad for fishing forums is what I was getting at and the original posters intent was to play politics.
I disagree with you but am not willing to debate it as theres no point doing so here next people will want to talk penalty rates, coal fired power stations, Adani and the member for Dawson's mail order bride. We can go on and on and on but the whole 100 active participants on this forum have one thing in common fishing and would come from a diverse range of backgrounds/views.

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:28 am

Yes the original poster was.

Politics are a part of life. Fishing has become much more political in recent years and will continue to do so.

Do you really think ALP's franking credits policy is a good idea?

ango

Post by ango » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:13 am

I have voted Liberal & Labor over the years. I voted for Rudd (dumb choice as it turned out) and Andrews in the last state election, (a good choice so far, with buybacks of Gippsland Lakes netting licences confirmed).

The reduction in carbon emissions from Labor’s electric vehicle policy in isolation turns out to be pretty small. Refer the link.

An Open Letter to Jon Faine on Electric ... Policy ...

Regarding Labor’s other policies, e.g. negative gearing, franking credits, and capital gains tax. I stand to lose a bit of money if the franking credit policy is implemented as it stands, however, I have options to restructure my investments to negate any effect.

The worry is that Labor thinks the policy will produce a pot of gold for them and have already spent it. When it does not materialise where will the money come from to fund their promises?

Cheers Ango

frozenpod

Post by frozenpod » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:45 am

The reduction of emissions with most new technologies in isolation is pretty small.

The main bennifit of electric vehicles is not producing emissions in built up areas. They are more efficient and efficiency is improving. In time they will be much better than internal combustion.

Consider that electric vehicles have had 10 years of development whilst internal combustion has been highly developed and refined from an emissions stand point over the last 60 years.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”