This may be the year for you to buy a boat !

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Re: This may be the year for you to buy a boat !

Post by hornet » Wed May 08, 2019 3:51 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:33 pm
hornet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:04 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:02 pm
hornet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:55 pm
Mattblack wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:52 pm
I'm presuming you'll still be able to sell 2nd hand 2-strokes privately?
New Emission laws are for new engine sales only... used engines are not effected.
Probably be a lot of 'demo' models available from showrooms after 1/7/20 eh? ;-)
I'm actually eyeing off a Stabi model as we speak ! I'm possibly aiming for a 1410 frontier CC ...
Nice mate!
I know you have only been landbased for quite sometime now.
When did you last own a boat? :)
I think boat number 10 I sold 3 years ago ? could be a couple of other boats I missed in the count.

My highest priority in my next boat is stability, at my age I'm done with rock and roll.. I'm Not worried about speed.
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 08, 2019 4:04 pm

hornet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:51 pm
Lightningx wrote:
hornet wrote:
Mattblack wrote:
hornet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:55 pm

New Emission laws are for new engine sales only... used engines are not effected.
Probably be a lot of 'demo' models available from showrooms after 1/7/20 eh? ;-)
I'm actually eyeing off a Stabi model as we speak ! I'm possibly aiming for a 1410 frontier CC ...
Nice mate!
I think boat number 10 I sold 3 years ago ? could be a couple of other boats I missed in the count.

My highest priority in my next boat is stability, at my age I'm done with rock and roll.. I'm Not worried about speed.
have you though about the polycraft boats mate?
they are extremely stable for their size compared to other tinnies and the likes in the same size.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 08, 2019 4:06 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:34 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:51 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 2:40 pm
Wow, great info! i will attend that 4x4 boating fishing expo in August. Hopefully I will have enough savings by then!
i would concentrate more on the RACV Melbourne international Boat show than the 4x4 boating, camping and fishing expo.
Boat show is in july i think from memory, plenty of boats on show and good deals to be had/made.
cheers
Oh really, coz more focused on boating I guess?
I want to check out something like Quintrex 385 or 395 tinnie. How much is considered 'good' price you guys think?
yep, plenty of boats ONLY at the boat show.
if i were you though id look at getting something second hand thats a bit bigger rather than a smaller new model.
my first boat was a 3.5m and i soon upgraded to a 4.2 and its a big difference in room and comfort.

hornet

Post by hornet » Wed May 08, 2019 4:09 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:04 pm
hornet wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
hornet wrote:
Mattblack wrote:

Nice mate!

they are extremely stable for their size compared to other tinnies and the likes in the same size.
Hey purps the poly 4.5 CC model I think will be on my short list also ! I'm gathering all the manufacturers models 4.5 and under now, also looking at the "waverider" in the small 4.5 model but it's not very well known.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 08, 2019 4:17 pm

hornet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:09 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:04 pm
hornet wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
hornet wrote:

Nice mate!

Hey purps the poly 4.5 CC model I think will be on my short list also ! I'm gathering all the manufacturers models 4.5 and under now, also looking at the "waverider" in the small 4.5 model but it's not very well known.
id go the 4.8(brumby) not the 4.5 if i were you and ofcourse if budget allows.. but good luck with it all, boat shopping is fun

hornet

Post by hornet » Wed May 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Also lightness is another consideration, it's hard to find mates that can take days off work mid-week so I need to be able to launch on my own.

But stability is still the number one consideration...

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 08, 2019 4:26 pm

hornet wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Also lightness is another consideration, it's hard to find mates that can take days off work mid-week so I need to be able to launch on my own.

But stability is still the number one consideration...
yeah i understand mate, as much as people say can easily launch on your own. everyone has different capacities to be able to handle different situations.
one of the reasons i bough the smartwave i have is because its lighter than the equivalent poly make, also needs less HP to plane and easier on the fuel consumption..
good thing though about the polys are, you can just drop them off the trailer and be done.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed May 08, 2019 4:51 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:06 pm
Seb85 wrote:
I want to check out something like Quintrex 385 or 395 tinnie. How much is considered 'good' price you guys think?
if i were you though id look at getting something second hand thats a bit bigger rather than a smaller new model.
my first boat was a 3.5m and i soon upgraded to a 4.2 and its a big difference in room and comfort.
I've been wondering that. A lot of people say to get 4m or more. What is the main reason? Apart from more space of course.
If I own a boat, I'd use it for lakes and rivers/estuaries, maybe the bay when it's calm. Probably me and another mate. Max 3 adults if I take my missus.
If I could afford it, I'd buy 4.1 polycraft. My consideration for getting a 350, 385 or 395 is garage space and my car. Dont think my car can tow a lot of heavy weight, it doesn't even have a tow bar, yet.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Wed May 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Seb85 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:51 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
I've been wondering that. A lot of people say to get 4m or more. What is the main reason? Apart from more space of course.
If I own a boat, I'd use it for lakes and rivers/estuaries, maybe the bay when it's calm. Probably me and another mate. Max 3 adults if I take my missus.
If I could afford it, I'd buy 4.1 polycraft. My consideration for getting a 350, 385 or 395 is garage space and my car. Dont think my car can tow a lot of heavy weight, it doesn't even have a tow bar, yet.
i suggest you open an another thread for this purpose, so we keep this one on topic, (which i have already managed to derail a bit hahah) and plenty of these discussions already been done to death here.
but yes bigger boat always better. towing and storage defenitely needs to be considered, i would also suggest not to co-own with a mate as it usually ends badly..
cheers

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Wed May 08, 2019 5:02 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:57 pm
Seb85 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:51 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Seb85 wrote:
i suggest you open an another thread for this purpose, so we keep this one on topic, (which i have already managed to derail a bit hahah) and plenty of these discussions already been done to death here.
but yes bigger boat always better. towing and storage defenitely needs to be considered, i would also suggest not to co-own with a mate as it usually ends badly..
cheers
Yeah okay, agree. And yes, I've read some of those old posts. Thanks.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Return to “Off Topic Forum”