declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Re: declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:52 am

Daiwa reels
Zman Plastics
TT lure Jigheads
FC Rock leader
Duo and atomics
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am

When i started out Lure fishing, i found everything i needed in Daiwa.
Their Rods have had the tapers i like, The reel seats just felt right in the hand, and the rods were nice and light to use for hours at a time.
Reels had the perfect size for what i was chasing and were interchangeable between shallow and Full size spools in the same size, were customisable between sizes to a certain extent and when a fish was on, the drag sounded like music to my ears!
The clothes they sell fitted me well being a small size, and not many other options were available, and still a problem to a certain extent.
i really didn't see the need to change anything, so i have stuck to it still to this day.

These days however, other manufacturers have caught up and there are nice rods and reels out there i would buy.

hard Lures i tend to stick around daiwa, atomic, strikepro and jackal
soft plastics, i prefer gulps for most species and zman a close second with whatever else i find fancy after that a close 3rd. with Nitro jig heads being my preferred option

Line i have no preference, but i tend to stick with cheaper value for money braids and leaders, mainly from the sunline stable..

Boating wise i am biased to Polyboats only because i haven't owned any other type of boat, i dont see me owning a boat over 5.5m and theres a few poly boats in that size which will do me nicely..
the fact that i can not worry too much about looking after the hull, and just worry about trailer and Outboard is what swayed me to go the poly route, and i dont regret it one bit.
Marine electronics, again the same principle of the devil you know. lowrance and motorguide will always be favoured due to the way they integrate and work together for my personal fishing needs.

when im baitfishing, i really dont care what im using, i generally buy premade rigs that are cheap at the time.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:26 am

fishnut wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:15 am
Kimtown wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:15 pm
bowl wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:15 pm
V tackle.
Savage boats.
Penn / Daiwa.
Southern sport Fisher.
Breakwater marine.
Garmin.
Black magic KL./ Leader

And clearance bargains.....
I discovered 2 cracks where the gunwale meets the dash console on my savage bay cruiser on Saturday, rang the local dealer and savage have recalled it to rebuild it from top to bottom and have owned up to it being a manufacturing fault (which it is)

So massive kudos to them. A lot of other companies would investigate before trying to blame it on user damage

Makes me glad I picked savage. I'd hope quintrex and stacer would have done the same
HeyKimtown how old is the boat,i purchased a Quintrex a year ago .All three brands made by Telwater now
2 years old mate, give or take a couple months

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:28 am

4liters wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:38 am
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:19 am
Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:03 am
Mattblack wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:16 am
Stabicraft
Lone Star Marine
Vancouver Fisheries
Rapala
Shimano
Inox
Reedy's Rigz!
Seen you rockin that team b2f hoodie as well. Don't be ashamed of plugging your favourite merchandise brand
I got it for free when I purchased my B2F bong
Ah, the fabled b420f
You just made me lol hard in front of all my work mates

I tip my hat to you sir

Kimtown

Post by Kimtown » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 am

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:58 am
When i started out Lure fishing, i found everything i needed in Daiwa.
Their Rods have had the tapers i like, The reel seats just felt right in the hand, and the rods were nice and light to use for hours at a time.
Reels had the perfect size for what i was chasing and were interchangeable between shallow and Full size spools in the same size, were customisable between sizes to a certain extent and when a fish was on, the drag sounded like music to my ears!
The clothes they sell fitted me well being a small size, and not many other options were available, and still a problem to a certain extent.
i really didn't see the need to change anything, so i have stuck to it still to this day.

These days however, other manufacturers have caught up and there are nice rods and reels out there i would buy.

hard Lures i tend to stick around daiwa, atomic, strikepro and jackal
soft plastics, i prefer gulps for most species and zman a close second with whatever else i find fancy after that a close 3rd. with Nitro jig heads being my preferred option

Line i have no preference, but i tend to stick with cheaper value for money braids and leaders, mainly from the sunline stable..

Boating wise i am biased to Polyboats only because i haven't owned any other type of boat, i dont see me owning a boat over 5.5m and theres a few poly boats in that size which will do me nicely..
the fact that i can not worry too much about looking after the hull, and just worry about trailer and Outboard is what swayed me to go the poly route, and i dont regret it one bit.
Marine electronics, again the same principle of the devil you know. lowrance and motorguide will always be favoured due to the way they integrate and work together for my personal fishing needs.

when im baitfishing, i really dont care what im using, i generally buy premade rigs that are cheap at the time.
How do the polycraft hulls ride compared to similar shapes in glass and aluminium?

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:42 am

Majorcraft rods
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:32 pm

This is a bit like "the favorite movie" or "the favorite song" question, and as with those, there are always a few rather than THE one.

BUT, if I could only have one hook, it would be the Mustad long stainless steel baitholder (92647S), size 1. These babies have caught me everything from snapper (5Kg, still have the "bended" hook for memories), KGW, sand whiting, all the b&b species basically, and they don't rot away, ever, which helps if you don't like changing your rigs too often. I know this is disliked in the environmentally conscious circles, but I just fkn love them; sorry...

Else, Daiwa, Shimano, Penn, Okuma, Abu, Fin Nor, Pflueger, Silstar, Ugly Stik, Snyder Glas/'Rods by Rod'/Calstar customs, Gamakatsu, Owner, Black Magic, Berkley, must also mention Marttiini knives... - Only thing I'm not overly concerned with is sinkers, for obvious reasons. :)

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:42 pm

Kimtown wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:32 am
How do the polycraft hulls ride compared to similar shapes in glass and aluminium?
its a lot quieter and softer riding, there is no hull slap like a tinny or harsh landing after taking a wake at full pelt and the usual banging you get while riding into chop.

ive never been in a small fibreglass hulls to compare.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:13 pm

I'm with Shimano atm c9s there best I tried lol.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm

Good stuff guys so I take it 95% plus are just out of preference and theres no financial gain or gifts from companies involved?

Those who are directly affiliated is is a monetary transaction or the fact you get free products to endorse the manufacturer.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”