declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Post by smile0784 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:47 pm

I used a mates reel.one day and loved it so that put me onto the stradic and terez rods lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Both great reels and rods :thumbsup:

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:41 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:19 pm
Good stuff guys so I take it 95% plus are just out of preference and theres no financial gain or gifts from companies involved?

Those who are directly affiliated is is a monetary transaction or the fact you get free products to endorse the manufacturer.
From what I understand. There's different types of sponsorships.
Not everyone gets stuff for free, some pay half price or 2 for 1 deals and so on. All depends on how they negotiate their deals with sponsors.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:41 pm
rb85 wrote:
Good stuff guys so I take it 95% plus are just out of preference and theres no financial gain or gifts from companies involved?

Those who are directly affiliated is is a monetary transaction or the fact you get free products to endorse the manufacturer.
Not everyone gets stuff for free, some pay half price or 2 for 1 deals and so on. All depends on how they negotiate their deals with sponsors.
That makes sense guess with sponsorship comes added pressure of having to produce photos and other content to appease the companies hence some misleading pictures or recycled content on some peoples social media pages.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 pm

rb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 pm
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:

That makes sense guess with sponsorship comes added pressure of having to produce photos and other content to appease the companies hence some misleading pictures or recycled content on some peoples social media pages.
I believe the only 2 that can actually answer that question is meppstas and ifishalot
I dont think anyone else is sponsored on here by a mainstream tackle company.

I believe landfish Lincoln might be sponsored by few companies as well. And that would fall into a similar category of born2fish pro anglers and the likes where you receive tackle/lures and such for free, provided you do a review and feature it on your social media accounts and cross promote each others brands etc etc.

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 pm

If it works to or beyond expectation in my experiences then I'll drop the name as a recommendation regardless of brand. If something doesn't perform or last as long as another then I won't recommend it. Fiberglass over tin in 99% of cases and I won't plug work related stuff because that's up to each individual to decide if they like or don't like off their own experiences

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:33 pm

Only allied to discounts and specials. If i had to name-drop anything, id say ive been happy with anything Abu garcia and berkley. Flashy, i know!

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:16 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 pm
rb85 wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 pm
purple5ive wrote:
rb85 wrote:

I believe the only 2 that can actually answer that question is meppstas and ifishalot
I dont think anyone else is sponsored on here by a mainstream tackle company.

I believe landfish Lincoln might be sponsored by few companies as well. And that would fall into a similar category of born2fish pro anglers and the likes where you receive tackle/lures and such for free, provided you do a review and feature it on your social media accounts and cross promote each others brands etc etc.

Here just a bit of a bio on myself...

I have been involved in the Fishing Industry for 30 years and have been at Juro Ozpro Tackle for 28 years. I'm currently The National Sales Manager and as a part of my role I look after Sponsorship.
Most companies have 2 levels of Sponsorship being a Major Sponsorship (Pro Tournament Angler) where the angler is locked into that brand and a minor sponsorship (Field Staff) where the angler isn't locked into just using that brand. There are many ways the Sponsorship can work in regard to products or remuneration and each company will have slightly different set ups.

We keep our Team small so it is easier to control and then in turn can offer more to a smaller team. The most important thing with Sponsorship is to believe in the products you are promoting, be approachable, clean and tidy, winning isn't everything and remember You are Representing The Brand and what and how you act is reflective of the Brand. We have parted ways with anglers in the past if they have been seen to do the wrong thing and not reflect on the Brands Values or Ethics.

I am in a fortunate situation where I'm both Employed and Sponsored by the Company. I have also helped in the design and development of many new products including being involved in a first in the World (e.g. Red Chemically Sharpened Hooks) which were Juro Needle Point Hooks before going over to the factory brand Daiichi and have helped design and develop many products and lure colours in conjunction with International Companies. My biggest trill is designing and developing from drawings, to 3D Cad Cam design, then to materials used in the Strike Pro Enticer Soft Plastics range that is now sold in many Countries around the World. This is the biggest enjoyment I get is that I have helped anglers around the World to catch fish on something that I have designed and hopefully given them a memory of an outstanding capture.
Last edited by IFISHALOT on Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:51 am, edited 5 times in total.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 pm

Thanks for the reply Rick, i knew you would be able to shed some light on the situation.
can you elaborate a bit more on the differences between the pro tournament angler and the field staff, im quite interested to know whats involved, and what the sponsored anglers have to do as part of their role in the company, and how things are done even as a general rule, and not so much as to what goes on at Juro ozpro.
i understand if its something you do not want to share publicly.

ps - the new cyber vibe colours are Mint, i wish i could have had some when i was down gippy to see how they went on the bream.
cheers

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:59 pm
Thanks for the reply Rick, i knew you would be able to shed some light on the situation.
can you elaborate a bit more on the differences between the pro tournament angler and the field staff, im quite interested to know whats involved, and what the sponsored anglers have to do as part of their role in the company, and how things are done even as a general rule, and not so much as to what goes on at Juro ozpro.
i understand if its something you do not want to share publicly.

ps - the new cyber vibe colours are Mint, i wish i could have had some when i was down gippy to see how they went on the bream.
cheers
Hi Purple,

There is a great article that Brad Sissins wrote in the 2013 ABT Tournament Guide when he was the Marketing Manager for Diawa.
It was a great article and gave a full in site into Sponsorship from both sides of the fence and explains pretty much everything and even how to go about and not how to go about looking for Sponsorship. I'll see if I can dig up the Article.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

Return to “Off Topic Forum”