declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
rb85
Has liked: 412 times

declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Post by rb85 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Professional or personal some have a preference on brands or some are loyal to distributors.

Me personally have no professional relationship/sponsorship with any company or a preferred brand. Theres products I like such as Black Magic hooks or Gamakatsu, Black Magic trace but I do not use them exclusively.

Declare your brand loyalties professional or personal.

John Dory

Re: declaring your manufacturer/distributor allegiances

Post by John Dory » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:13 pm

Same as you. Black magic hooks leader, gama hooks. Icon leader too.

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:18 pm

Yeah I'm big on large gama hooks, but prefer kl's for smaller.

Seems like this forum is pretty aligned with Shimano for the most part. Couple daiwa bozos around, but ya get that.

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 pm

I have many brands that I'm Associated with Professionally and that's why I put them at the bottom of Profile so other followers on this page can see who I'm Associated with and can then make their own decisions on a topic I talk about.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 pm

IFISHALOT wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:25 pm
I have many brands that I'm Associated with Professionally and that's why I put them at the bottom of Profile so other followers on this page can see who I'm Associated with and can then make their own decisions on a topic I talk about.
Mclaghlins bait is good quality compared to some others i reckon

IFISHALOT
Has liked: 38 times

Post by IFISHALOT » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:39 pm

John Dory wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 pm
IFISHALOT wrote:
Thanks for your support.
Many may not know but McLaughlin's are a huge exporter of fresh fish since 1946 and are a major part of the Victorian fish market this is where there main business is and where it started before doing Bait. So it is sourced fresh and in many cases the same product being sold for Human consumption is being packaged sold as bait.
Last edited by IFISHALOT on Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Associated with Strike Pro, Jigstar, Daiichi, Lumica, Mapso, Bushranger Lures, Eureka Lures, Senshi, Sax Scent, TiCA, Victory Knives, Tonic Sunglasses & McLaughlin's Bait[url]http://www.jurofishing.com

John Dory

Post by John Dory » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:50 pm

IFISHALOT wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:39 pm
John Dory wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:27 pm
IFISHALOT wrote:
Thanks for your support.
Many may not know but McLaughlin's are a huge exporter of fresh fish since 1946 and are a major part of the Victorian fish market this is where there main business is and where it started before doing Bait. So it is sourced fresh and the same products in most cases that is being sold for Human consumption in baits that are eaten.
Yeah the prawns are really good quality.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:57 pm

Bugs Jacks.PNG
e

I'd like to say I have a preference for a brand of Rod, or Reel, or Tackle , , , , but I don't , , , , but I do have a different preference depending on the why's, who's when's , , , , so each is different.

What I can say is that I have a preference that is whatever is decent that is within my modest budget. So I'd say I am more budget driven rather than brand driven.

NOW

That being said, when ever I can , , , , My preference is to buy local or buy from the small business guy to help that along , , , , AND yes, even if it is a few dollars more, I'd rather do that , , , , So, just because I'm on a Budget, I would still spend the couple of dollars more to help local business , , , , rather than contributing to dividends for shareholders.

Cheers, Bug , , , , the one that is under your local rock :-D

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:15 pm

V tackle.
Savage boats.
Penn / Daiwa.
Southern sport Fisher.
Breakwater marine.
Garmin.
Black magic KL./ Leader

And clearance bargains.....
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Whatever I find in the bargain bin...

Actually I quite like Penn reels, given the price and the amount of **** I put them through the number of gear failures I've had has been more than reasonable.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Off Topic Forum”