Happy fathers day!!

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Re: Happy fathers day!!

Post by VooDoo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:51 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:04 pm
Wishing the dads, to be dads, grandads, uncles, father figures, mentors, and not forgetting the ladies who have to take on the responsibility of a father figure a very happy father day..
And let's not forget the ones that never had a father figure in their lives. I hope you become the best role model to whoever that special.person is..

Wherever you are I hope you are having a great day.
They may be only socks and jocks to everyone else, but it's a fathers day special nonetheless.

Have a great one guys!!
Good on ya Lilac5ive :a_goodjob:

Thought about starting a Father's Day thread early this morning but then life issues got in the way and then saw your thread when reading FV on the run.

Didn't have any presents but was happy and contempt to Father's Day wishes from the kids this morning .. topping if off with a special dinner by the better half :)

Also let's not forget those whom have lost their father - remember them in their happiest moments and know they are always be watching over you on your remaining life journey.

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

VooDoo
Has liked: 165 times

Post by VooDoo » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:57 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:00 pm
Well said Steve , , , , ditto on all your points.

Asked the kids what they wanted for Father's Day lunch. It was unanimously yelled KFC

FD KFC.PNG

The special moments are hidden. I was out grocery shopping with my the kids a few weeks back. I saw a Mustang Coffee gift pack (my family loves the Ponies). I saw it and smiled & laughed and said "Woe, no way, that's awesome" , , , , in reference to the photo being VooDoo's car character NOT a hint for a Father's Day gift. And I told the kids the Voodoo story.

FD VooDooBloo.PNG

Well, they told their Mum (my Ex) and they surprised me with that Mustang Coffee Cup. A gift with thought and meaning, which has more value than any expensive gift.

FD Pony.PNG

So now, I can wake up to you, hold you, you keep me warm, put my lips up against you and , , , , oh ow , , , , that just went weird :o_0: , , , , Um, the Coffee Cup I meant ;-)

Cheers, Buggaboo
Have to press the like button for this post because (a) My name was mentioned (b) my name was mentioned again (c) my favourite car was mentioned and (d) my favourite colour was mentioned !!!!

Love the KFC unanimous decision ... but not so sure about the waking up scene in the last sentence though :)

"VooDoo .... WhoDoo .... YouDoo .... VooDoo" The Bug (Bugatti) S.A. [2019]

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:33 pm

I posted about my joy at my presents
Then I've "really" read the cards I received
Being a "stepdad", I'm used to being "second fiddle".(kids are 40 & 43)
This year the cards stated "Dad" & the comments cemented that
Yes, I have tears in my eyes
I'm blessed Gra

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:48 pm

Texas wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:33 pm
I posted about my joy at my presents
Then I've "really" read the cards I received
Being a "stepdad", I'm used to being "second fiddle".(kids are 40 & 43)
This year the cards stated "Dad" & the comments cemented that
Yes, I have tears in my eyes
I'm blessed Gra

Gra, they say it's not the present, it's the thought , , , , and they thought of you as their "Dad"

You are truly truly blessed

Cheers, Bill

Return to “Off Topic Forum”