Custom made roof rack? Does anyone know

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Custom made roof rack? Does anyone know

Post by 4liters » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:38 am

Seb85 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:16 pm
ducky wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm
What car are you driving anyway and what are your roof racks like?
Hyundai i30 wagon 2.0 Lt petrol. Raised roof rail with 80 kg even distribution rating.
ducky wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:01 pm
I’d add a third rack to the front above the drivers head well before building a trailer for a fuggen yak. What a pain in the arse and ridiculous overkill for what is meant to be a portable fishing solution.
Exactly my thought (initially), hence wanted some sorta good roof rack to accommodate.

My current roof rack is an aftermarket, who knows how much it can hold, but most roof rack can hold 75 kg.

The main concern is that the roof rack (and most roof rack) spans 120cm. The Titan alone is already 95cm (the width of the Titan is 95cm). Not much left for the Slayer 10. Maybe can squish in with a Jrack and put it sideways like your orange one.
Thought of putting the Slayer on top of the Titan, but the guy at Capacity Sports said try not to. Might slip, possible cracks, etc etc. Was thinking to put a yoga mat in between or something.
Frankly I wouldn’t be taking safety advice from the type of person who can turn the simple and straightforward task of draining stale fuel out of a boat into a dramatic reenactment of the firebombing of Tokyo (minus the tens of thousands of dead japs)

Each to their own though
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Off Topic Forum”