Lincoln, a New Edit

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Bugatti

Re: Lincoln, a New Edit

Post by Bugatti » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:45 pm

purple5ive wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:42 pm
For someone that has found fame by doing soft plastics tuitions and YouTube videos I think he has come a long way.
He has done nothing wrong. The lady has done nothing wrong either.
I don't know why we have to drag this scenario any further than it already has been.
Let the hype it has created run its course and soon it will all be just another YouTube video. Let's move on people...
I'm quoting this one separately to make a separate point (and to get Happy's wish of over ten pages)

Steve, what if the media branded you one of the worse fishermen, the cruelest.

Most Fishos fish for food. Your Bream Tournament Fishing fishes for sport and personal gratification (winning/competing) as the fish are released. It can be argued that the fish is fighting for it's life when being reeled in, which it is. Fishos who catch to eat do it for a "Hunter/gatherer" scenario, which man has been doing for thousands of years, so for a purpose. Fishing for just sport "can" be seen as making this fish fight for it's life (and even longer when on light gear) just for your enjoyment. That is synonymous with torture.

So, media, and how they present scenarios can "condition" other people's thought processes.

I'm just glad in a way my fishing is that bad that I rarely catch fish to be criticised , , , , so it's only the rubbish I leave behind that the media can pick on :-D

Cheers, Buglitterer

Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Post by Kimtown » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:05 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:45 pm
purple5ive wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:42 pm
For someone that has found fame by doing soft plastics tuitions and YouTube videos I think he has come a long way.
He has done nothing wrong. The lady has done nothing wrong either.
I don't know why we have to drag this scenario any further than it already has been.
Let the hype it has created run its course and soon it will all be just another YouTube video. Let's move on people...
I'm quoting this one separately to make a separate point (and to get Happy's wish of over ten pages)

Steve, what if the media branded you one of the worse fishermen, the cruelest.

Most Fishos fish for food. Your Bream Tournament Fishing fishes for sport and personal gratification (winning/competing) as the fish are released. It can be argued that the fish is fighting for it's life when being reeled in, which it is. Fishos who catch to eat do it for a "Hunter/gatherer" scenario, which man has been doing for thousands of years, so for a purpose. Fishing for just sport "can" be seen as making this fish fight for it's life (and even longer when on light gear) just for your enjoyment. That is synonymous with torture.

So, media, and how they present scenarios can "condition" other people's thought processes.

I'm just glad in a way my fishing is that bad that I rarely catch fish to be criticised , , , , so it's only the rubbish I leave behind that the media can pick on :-D

Cheers, Buglitterer
Fishing can be seen from a negative view point no matter what way a vegan looks at it. Catch and release anglers are torturous sons of bitches and anglers who fish for food, murder innocent and defenseless animals.

Can't win either way.

I'm close to hanging up the rods and start hunting for vegans. That way there will be no one left to complain.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:03 am

Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:02 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm
I think you're grasping at straws a little here, the media is generally pretty good at manipulating one side of a story and painting the SJW's of the world in a positive light, but this isn't one of these times.

I think news.com.au is fairly in favour of our resident angler on this occasion
I agree I was study at La trobe and full of SJW and i got suspended for three mouth because one of the girl is bisexual but she doesn't feel sexual connection to any female and man I was like WTF i done something stupid by showing a picture to get her feel sexual as a joke, also my friend who stay at that uni told me that last mouth a girl who doesn't agree on women should have hair on her leg and don't shave because of patriarchy force on the women to behave and she disagree with them and like to shave it, latter that day two man harass her and glow some hair on her legs to prove their point, they got suspense for three day only. Also in every uni there is some sort of promote safe space, and uni there is many commies student and believe that communist idea is for queer people and lower class and promote equal bull. But with Lincoln case he is lucky
This may be the best post on this site ever. Funniest anyway never change Jase
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:01 am

Jesus christ just let it go.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:15 am

gregmaka wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:42 pm
If it was me that day fishing,i would have moved on 50 meters or so away from the ducks and avoided all this bull.
Imagine if Lincoln was fishing with this.
A lot of views btw, good on him.
Attachments
rps20191026_081323.jpg
images (22).jpeg
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

happyfriggincamper
Has liked: 556 times

Post by happyfriggincamper » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:36 am

Well played again with the attached image Lincoln

Jasonfish1234
Has liked: 234 times

Post by Jasonfish1234 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:54 am

rb85 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:03 am
Jasonfish1234 wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:02 pm
Kimtown wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 pm
I think you're grasping at straws a little here, the media is generally pretty good at manipulating one side of a story and painting the SJW's of the world in a positive light, but this isn't one of these times.

I think news.com.au is fairly in favour of our resident angler on this occasion
I agree I was study at La trobe and full of SJW and i got suspended for three mouth because one of the girl is bisexual but she doesn't feel sexual connection to any female and man I was like WTF i done something stupid by showing a picture to get her feel sexual as a joke, also my friend who stay at that uni told me that last mouth a girl who doesn't agree on women should have hair on her leg and don't shave because of patriarchy force on the women to behave and she disagree with them and like to shave it, latter that day two man harass her and glow some hair on her legs to prove their point, they got suspense for three day only. Also in every uni there is some sort of promote safe space, and uni there is many commies student and believe that communist idea is for queer people and lower class and promote equal bull. But with Lincoln case he is lucky
This may be the best post on this site ever. Funniest anyway never change Jase
It was true alll of it. Also I can't post any funny stuff or random stuff anymore I'll get banned permanently. Sorry guy have to go up and down hiatus now.
Keeping going, Keeping fighting, Keeping fishing, Keeping do your best.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:37 pm

DougieK wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:01 am
Jesus christ just let it go.
I agree with you Dougie, I seriously do.

This thread wasn't meant to be about "Lincoln" and/or derogating "activists" but more about media miss-representation of Fishos in general.
How, in the media, we ALL get attributed to the bad behaviour by only some, or carelessness by a few, or the lapse of common sense by only a few. But ALL fishos get tared with the same brush.

As you can appreciate a similar thing happens with Rock Fishing and how that gets a bad rap at times because of only a few (for many reasons). Where as, done properly, cautiously and safely it is a great fishing pass time with trophy rewards.

Cheers, Bug.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:36 pm

WARNING RANT , , , , read at your peril

But seems, we can't have an Adult decent intelligent discussion about this, without things getting out of hand, as the same with other discussions.

Three members have had a one week ban. Another member has been permanently banned. One of the main reasons was "circumventing the swear filter".

There have been locked threads and the "behaviour" has been sighted as the reasons.

We talk about the Mods being "transparent" which they were on the above. BUT some members (not necessarily those directly involved) ignore the lessons learnt from the transparency and still that behaviour and "hidden swearing" still does on.

I find it quite ironic that the discussion about the bad behaviour of the "activists", has resulted in some members behaving in the same manner towards/about activists. Also the contradictory notion of the "activists" entitlement mimics some members and their idea of their entitlement to behave on this Forum anyway they feel like.

Jas, I like you, I do. But don't get caught up in what may seem like "the cool way" to behave, don't let the "example" some are setting on here lead you astray. You are a good kid. You have mentioned previously of being warned 3 times. You now mentioned something about "I can't post any funny stuff or random stuff anymore I'll get banned permanently". It's not the funny stuff. You can be funny without pushing Forum Rules.

If it was up to me, I would have a couple of members on notice AND a couple of members would be getting warnings. (That may be the case)

AND just in case anyone may think that I am being "sanctimonious" , , , , one of those members that I would be giving a warning to is myself. Yes, I may have good intentions BUT my rants may be a bit emotive at times and they can inflame situations. But gee willackers, something needs to change.

Some of the stuff that goes on , , , , still goes on , , , , what a conundrum facing the Team.

Regards, Bugatti

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:36 pm
WARNING RANT , , , , read at your peril

But seems, we can't have an Adult decent intelligent discussion about this, without things getting out of hand, as the same with other discussions.

Three members have had a one week ban. Another member has been permanently banned. One of the main reasons was "circumventing the swear filter".

There have been locked threads and the "behaviour" has been sighted as the reasons.

We talk about the Mods being "transparent" which they were on the above. BUT some members (not necessarily those directly involved) ignore the lessons learnt from the transparency and still that behaviour and "hidden swearing" still does on.

I find it quite ironic that the discussion about the bad behaviour of the "activists", has resulted in some members behaving in the same manner towards/about activists. Also the contradictory notion of the "activists" entitlement mimics some members and their idea of their entitlement to behave on this Forum anyway they feel like.

Jas, I like you, I do. But don't get caught up in what may seem like "the cool way" to behave, don't let the "example" some are setting on here lead you astray. You are a good kid. You have mentioned previously of being warned 3 times. You now mentioned something about "I can't post any funny stuff or random stuff anymore I'll get banned permanently". It's not the funny stuff. You can be funny without pushing Forum Rules.

If it was up to me, I would have a couple of members on notice AND a couple of members would be getting warnings. (That may be the case)

AND just in case anyone may think that I am being "sanctimonious" , , , , one of those members that I would be giving a warning to is myself. Yes, I may have good intentions BUT my rants may be a bit emotive at times and they can inflame situations. But gee willackers, something needs to change.

Some of the stuff that goes on , , , , still goes on , , , , what a conundrum facing the Team.

Regards, Bugatti
Stop being a bin chicken

Return to “Off Topic Forum”