Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Sebb
Has liked: 3011 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by Sebb » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm

50+ cases yesterday and today, and not all were isolating. Some mystery cases too.
Plenty of time til 2 Sept though, who knows it might drop in a week.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:29 pm

I hope so Seb! Am looking forward to the new season.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Post by Kenle » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:03 pm

I've cleaned and lubed up all my rods and reels, rearranged my tackle box 3 times and have changed all new lines. Now I'm just waiting for the green light to go fishing, might have to rearrange the tackle box again lol

mazman
Has liked: 137 times

Post by mazman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:33 pm

Kenle wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:03 pm
I've cleaned and lubed up all my rods and reels, rearranged my tackle box 3 times and have changed all new lines. Now I'm just waiting for the green light to go fishing, might have to rearrange the tackle box again lol
Sounds like you need to buy more fishing gear so you have more to sort and clean
Youtube channel:Hawkesy Fishing

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:41 pm

So if Dan decides the screws need to be tightened further what else can he do? Ban or reign in exercise? Close takeways? Limit number of days you can go to shops. Restrictions of public transport. If it creeps any further up I am sure he has more tricks planned. Hes not going to sit back and rely on pretty please can you behave yourselves.

whats the risk of this going on until 70-80% vaccination?

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:15 pm

It sounds like they're going to tighten the screws pretty soon. 12 cases in Shepparton today, tons of people in the community while infectious, mobility data showing people are not staying put, and so on. It's pretty much a given that regional Vic will be put back in lockdown.

The trouble with delta is it is so contagious you either stamp it out and eliminate community transmission entirely or have 1000s of cases in a matter of weeks. If people aren't going to do the right thing and give the contact tracers a chance to get on top of it I think it is going to be several months of lockdown similar to NSW until we hit the vaccination targets because removing restrictions before then is going to be a disaster.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:48 pm

he has already said at todays press that today is a bad day...
Bream fishing doesnt look too bad afterall!!!
regionals freedom is short lived from what i can see

Kenle

Post by Kenle » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:03 pm

I don't understand, if we are fully vaccinated then why can't we just go about doing our business but still social distance and wear a face mask as extra protection but atleast we open up. There's alot of antivaxers and non covid believers who are kind of ruining things for everyone that's trying to do the right thing. But if they're not willing to get the jab and end up getting sick from it then it's on them. I don't think the jab is the answer to stopping the virus, but it should give us the ability to just open up and resume living with the virus

laneends
Has liked: 3 times

Post by laneends » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:09 pm

Kenle wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:03 pm
I don't understand, if we are fully vaccinated then why can't we just go about doing our business but still social distance and wear a face mask as extra protection but atleast we open up. There's alot of antivaxers and non covid believers who are kind of ruining things for everyone that's trying to do the right thing. But if they're not willing to get the jab and end up getting sick from it then it's on them. I don't think the jab is the answer to stopping the virus, but it should give us the ability to just open up and resume living with the virus
Not enough are vaccinated, and even if they said those that are could it would be impossible to identify to police who is and who isnt. It is likely to be all in or all out at some stage, with restrictions for unvaccinated in certain density places.

Kenle

Post by Kenle » Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:25 pm

laneends wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:09 pm
Kenle wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 6:03 pm
Not enough are vaccinated, and even if they said those that are could it would be impossible to identify to police who is and who isnt. It is likely to be all in or all out at some stage, with restrictions for unvaccinated in certain density places.
Your prob right, I'm just frustrated and having a bit of a rant :dn: wish there was a cryogenic tube where I could freeze myself and come out when the government says lock down has lifted, this is prob the smallest of problem compared to some of the losses others had to endure.

Return to “Off Topic Forum”