Back in lockdown again.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
Kimtown
Has liked: 303 times

Re: Back in lockdown again.

Post by Kimtown » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:21 am

4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:04 pm
I didn't watch the press conference but apparently 75% of the days covid cases were linked to the construction industry so clearly something needs to be done.

I guess if people don't want the mandates some sort of No Vax, No Ventilator policy might ease peoples' fears about hospitals getting overwhelmed with unvaccinated people.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I'm not anti vax, I'm booked in for my first jab next week, however I am pro-choice and I maintain every Australian deserves to have a choice. But if they choose not to get the vax, then from a medical standpoint obviously priority should be given to those that have taken the vaccine who require ICU bed's before those who have covid and don't have the vax.

Also, what CFMEU did to it's members was an absolute disgrace. However, some of the footage from the protests is just downright disgusting, both from the protesters and the Police. However, a lot of the Police are just humans trying to earn a living and were probably terrified for their lives, just like a lot of the protesters were being peaceful...

I've mostly stayed out of this thread, because I cbf arguing politics but IDK, Victoria / Melbourne is really ****** up atm... It's really sad what this state has become. First time in my life i've ever said anything negative about Vic.

Andrews
Has liked: 268 times

Post by Andrews » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:57 am

The one day I go in the city for work, I get caught on the Westgate for 2 hours.
IMG_1938.jpg
Amateur Fisherman, South West Victoria / - Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/fishingandrew/ Sponsors: Yamashita Australia, Sunline & Gomexus.

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:33 am

Andrews wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:57 am
The one day I go in the city for work, I get caught on the Westgate for 2 hours.
IMG_1938.jpg
Damm lol that’s just unlucky

davek
Has liked: 268 times

Post by davek » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 pm

cheaterparts wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:44 pm
4liters wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:53 pm

But I think most people not getting vaccinated probably subscribe to the belief that it's 99.9% survivable so maybe they'll be happy to take their chances.
Well I finally got my first jab last friday ( the government blackmail schemes where starting to building up ) I wouldn't have bothered normally and not because I'm and anti vaxxer - I really didn't see the point

Anyway my findings first trying to find where to get a jab in Cranbourne - Cranbourne racecourse it's a vaccine hub - but you have to book on line something I don't do
So a bit of research on line and several hours later I found a clinic near by where I could walk in a book in person -

So now my wife figures see might also get vaccinated so see rings her doctor ( she sees one more than once every 10 years like myself ) and gets told by text message to book on line - see is less computer literate than me and doesn't even use the internet

anyway the guy I do most of my work for on Mondays and Tuesdays who is 77 yo asked me where I got my jab as both he and his misses also have not been jabbed - stew doesn't even use a smart phone

anyway I thought I might put this out there for something that seams so important I and other have found a pain in the A just to get organized
A touch off topic but how is Stewie, hope he is going ok, cheers.
It's an exhilarating feeling catching a fish
But it's an even better feeling releasing them

ango

Post by ango » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:20 pm

I had my second jab in July, so no issue with getting vaccinated. Perhaps if they put a $500.00 excess on treating the unvaccinated under Medicare you would see a bit of a rush to get vaccinated.

crumpet_avenger
Has liked: 6 times

Post by crumpet_avenger » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:11 pm

Sporting capital
Most liveable city

More like

Lockdown city
Most laughable city

So many people without work
So many people hurting

I can't work for some strange reason as I dont work on sites
My boats gathering dust
I can't see my dad who's had a stroke
I can't see my grandad in aged care cause he's outside of my travel range

This isn't the Australia
Thus us bull

cheaterparts
Has liked: 4 times

Post by cheaterparts » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:16 pm

davek wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:18 pm

A touch off topic but how is Stewie, hope he is going ok, cheers.
yes he's just the same and just a bit older but always looking for a deal - he still keeps me busy 2 days a week with all manner of things

I think he wonts me to fit some rode holders on one of his jet skis to get out and do some fishing when we are let loose - mind you he already has 3 boats and doesn't find time to use any of them , so I think it is just a pipe dream for him to go fishing

and yes at 77 he still works 7 days a week -- some things just never change
My kayak PBs
Gummy shark 128 Cm - Elephant fish 85 Cm - Snapper 91 Cm - KG Whiting 49 Cm - Flathead 55 Cm - Garfish 47 Cm - Silver Trevally 40 Cm - Long Tail Tuna 86 Cm - snook 64 Cm - Couta 71 Cm - Sth Calamari 44 Cm hood - Cobia 117 cm

Cheater

ben475
Has liked: 162 times

Post by ben475 » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:40 pm

ben475 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 pm
vic pol kicking more goals

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... b867de2262
I'm surprised there isnt more of this...I dont have to put up with anything near what the police do & I'm ready to crack heads.

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:36 pm

Mattblack wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:40 pm
ben475 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:40 pm
vic pol kicking more goals

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... b867de2262
I'm surprised there isnt more of this...I dont have to put up with anything near what the police do & I'm ready to crack heads.
Honestly i'm amazed at the restraint they've shown.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 61

Return to “Off Topic Forum”