Great white sharks in PPB.

Everything that has nothing to do with fishing.
GTSHoon

Re: Great white sharks in PPB.

Post by GTSHoon » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:39 am

cobby wrote:
FishSamFish wrote:
ducky wrote:No point living in fear mate.ren't going to be eaten going for a swim. Having said that I don't swim in western port. Haha
why not WP? I thought there was mainly gummys there, with occasional bronzies?
I thought that with seal rocks in PPB, they are in there. (I have heard of bronzies+threshers+makos coming up to frankston)
Seal Rocks is actually at the western entrance of Westernport. You know when something big is lurking down there when the livies stop getting harassed by the seals. Theres also more Bronzies than you can poke a stick at in Westernport. Heard and seen reputable reports of whites and Makos as far up Wp as Tooradin channel.
There's big sharks in both bays all year round. There's millions of people in and on the water each year and bugger all attacks of any kind.

I hear there's no sharks in freshwater lakes...
Not true there are bull sharks in many northern Australian lakes, such as the very famous ones in a Sydney golf course :thumbsup: literally sharks everywhere
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

allrounder_13

Post by allrounder_13 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:43 am

Wolly Bugger wrote:
allrounder_13 wrote:Why arnt we allowed blood and guts for berley?
Are you serious with this question?
Sorry for my ignoramce im new to fishing and i just find it hard to come to an answer why blood and guts is not a legal burley.
The reasons i can come to is, to protect shark populations, incase it was human remains, or just attracting sharks is stupid in somes eyes.

Milk man

Post by Milk man » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:48 am

GTSHoon wrote: literally sharks everywhere
Oh god it's Sharknado all over again :lolf:
M.I.L.F- Man I Love To Fish!

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:38 am

Interesting re the couta and arrow squid in the bay bringing in the sharks as we catch a lot of arrow squid in Corner Inlet and bass strait could be related to the number of sharks around as well.

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:39 am

IMO the buckets of blood and guts is not required.

Some berley certainly helps, and last time I checked you were still allowed some but bucket and buckets and buckets as was commonly used in years passed makes very little difference.

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:28 pm

In regards to the use Mammal blood and offal, this is not really the sharks natural food source, and it has been shown that the use of such products as burley increases the risk of shark attacks to humans.

There are complaints from particularly abalone divers that charter boats even using fish oil, teaches great whites to associate a boat with food, thereby putting the divers life at risk.

andyk

Post by andyk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:54 pm

Spoke to an abb diver of point wilson told me he has seen them there.

FishSamFish

Post by FishSamFish » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:50 pm

cobby wrote:
FishSamFish wrote:
ducky wrote:No point living in fear mate.ren't going to be eaten going for a swim. Having said that I don't swim in western port. Haha
why not WP? I thought there was mainly gummys there, with occasional bronzies?
I thought that with seal rocks in PPB, they are in there. (I have heard of bronzies+threshers+makos coming up to frankston)
Seal Rocks is actually at the western entrance of Westernport. You know when something big is lurking down there when the livies stop getting harassed by the seals. Theres also more Bronzies than you can poke a stick at in Westernport. Heard and seen reputable reports of whites and Makos as far up Wp as Tooradin channel.
There's big sharks in both bays all year round. There's millions of people in and on the water each year and bugger all attacks of any kind.

I hear there's no sharks in freshwater lakes...
true. sea rocks are near the penguin sanctuary right?

fresh water has fresh water sharks (potentially), snakes, leeches, possibly pacu (not) annnd..yeah. crocodiles and stuff - potentially.

offtopic even more, isn't the bang hole at the penguin place? where the water goes in and explodes outwards?

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:26 pm

biggest great white shark ever caught was caught of seal rocks. It had a whole seal intact in its gut. I'm never swimmin at phillip island again lol.
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

FishSamFish

Post by FishSamFish » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:33 pm

Master-pro wrote:biggest great white shark ever caught was caught of seal rocks. It had a whole seal intact in its gut. I'm never swimmin at phillip island again lol.
I know where I'm going fishing next though :D - might need a 72kg game outfit or something LOL. - have an anchor winch for a reason.

Northern areas have bulls, like, sydney harbour, perth - swan canning river, fitzroy river etc. seems we don't get them OFTEN

Return to “Off Topic Forum”